MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

This is a very hyped concealer that claims to provides full coverage, no creasing and being extremely long wearing. I use this concealer to highlight under my eyes. I use the shade nc15 and it's a perfect brightening shade for me. I agree with the hype however if you are on a budget then there are plenty cheaper alternatives on the market. Such as the collection lasting perfection concealer which is around £4.99. Having tried both and loving them both I think the collection one is a fab dupe. So I wouldn't say the Mac Pro long where concealer is a 'must' buy but is a good concealer if you want to splurge on some luxury makeup. The packaging gets very dirty on the pro long wear concealer however.

Am I the only one who finds the smell of this product terribly offensive? I don't see other reviewers mention it but it smells like straight off paint. Otherwise very good product, just can't bring myself to use it because of the strong chemical scent.

I'm not gonna lie to you, I Don't wear concealer to conceal anything. I'm not saying I don't need it, but I can do fine without it, I'm just one of those people who likes makeup and loves doing all the steps. I mainly use this to highlight my under eye area, forehead, cupids bow and chin. It's very thick, tacky and hard to blend but other than that I don't have a lot to say about it because I've never really noticed it but I'd say that's a good thing. If it creased or looked cakey I notice stuff like that and this pretty much doesn't move all day ad does a good job at what I use it for. If I don't exfoliate before I apply it though, it makes my dry patches look even drier/flakier.

Best concealer ever!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love the Pro Longwear foundation and sometimes I am semi convinced this is the foundation in a small glass bottle. This gives the same great coverage, but I HATE the packaging and the price tag ($21/0.3 oz) the product gets clogged in the opening and really makes or breaks whether or not you get too much or too little product pumped out (I stick a thumbtack in the hole to clear out the dried stuff every once in a while)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have fine lines and dark circles when i apply this i must say this product works...its does look caky so less is more

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my Holy freaking Grail. It's my go-to, and my ride or die. I have the darkest circles under my eyes. I don't need a lot of this product to cover them. It's creamy, it blends so well for me, and it is the ONLY concealer I have ever tried that doesn't crease (I've tried a lot). My only, only, ONLY complaint is the glass tube (I haven't broken one yet but they day is coming) and you really have to master the pump or else you'll waste a lot of product. I have used many different techniques with this over the years, but I find that patting it on with my ring finger and then blending it out with a damp beauty blender gives me perfect, flawless coverage. I will die if they ever discontinue or change the formula!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have a love-hate relationship with MAC Pro Long Wear.
It has so many good qualities.
The coverage is perfect for my hereditary dark under eye circles. The shades are also pretty easy to match (it's MAC, after all). I love the liquid texture, not to mention the staying power which is pretty good. If set with powder it can last morning to night (without the powder it creases like every other concealer).The cons can be really shitty.
Firstly, it sets really fast and it's not easy to blend. You may have to go through trial and error, so here's how I apply it: start evenly spreading some product with your fingers around the eye area and then blend into perfection with a MAC 130 and other dual fiber brush. Apply powder right away so it doesn't set into your fine lines. A setting spray or MAC Fix+ will make it more natural since it can look very high coverage and dry.
One thing I detest is the finish after oxidation... It turns into a whitish, disguting grey if worn for too long.
Then there's the pump. You will waste a bunch of product unless you master the pump. Also, I don't understand why the packaging is made of glass, I broke mine once and it's so unnecessary.
I wish I didn't need such heavy coverage, I don't think I will ever be truly happy with a high coverage concealer because they are so hard to work with and none of them looks perfect. They all have pros and cons. I cannot apply this concealer without 3 other tools/products so I will never say it's wonderful. It's okay, nothing more. I can turn it into something reasonably good with great effort and it shouldn't be like that when you pay 18€.

Best concealer i have ever used. I have a scar on my face and this leaves it barely noticeable. Most days i just wear this over scars and blemishes.

This is the best Concealer! So many others don't stay, they're like colored chapstick. How is that supposed to work? I like how heavily pigmented this is, because I don't have to use a ton, and it stays!
What's really awesome is that, if I moisturize just right, I can use this as a foundation, using very little to cover my whole face. I barely have any makeup on, it's full coverage without being heavy or cakey.

The con is that if I don't moisturize adequately, it feels a bit dry, and if I over moisturize, it begins to separate after a while. It's still better coverage & staying power than the profx Foundation, though.

The pump really sucks, its extremely difficult to control the amount that comes out. Most times, I get a full pump when I needed a little dab. It's a teeny tiny bottle, so I really don't want to waste any.

I will certainly repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products