July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by xmidnightsunx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have prominent under eye circles plus very dry skin so I had tried a ton of highly-rated concealers with no luck; everything either didn't cover, vanished, or dried out my skin. This blew me away with its coverage and flawless finish.
Pros: a tiny amount provides excellent coverage, nearly invisible, won't dry out skin, lasts all day, minimal creasing easily fixed with finger.
Cons: packaging, requires careful blending with a brush (if you're the dab & go type, this isn't for you)
This is a stellar product but my only other complaint is that the shade I'm using (NW20) seems to get darker after I've been wearing it for a few hours. When sampling, I recommend putting your usual shade on 1 eye and going 1 shade lighter on the other and then comparing at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Let me start by saying my under eyes don't go well with MANY products. I bought this while visiting my family in the US and buy most of my products when I go there. I saw this on soooooo many youtubers videos so I figured it might work for me too... WRONG. It was soooooo drying. I haven't had issues with my Kat Von D full coverage concealer I just wanted something a bit more brightening. This was brightening and illuminating, but man this stuff like sucked up all the moisture from the cheeks and under eyes (was going for a Kim K highlighted effect.) I am very disappointed, I REALLY wanted it to work. I do have VERY dry skin, so I am super cautious about what I put on my skin, as it can also be sensitive. I didn't bother giving it another shot, if it was super drying with lots of moisturizer, can't even imagine what it would be like in winter when my skin is at its worst! I would say price is pretty good for the amount you get. Recommended for those without super dry under eyes. Not for me. Also I actially like the packaging. I didn't find that too much came out, but then again I am super careful with the way I pump, because I was aware that others said a lot came out at once..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Narieh14

pros:
i am a big fan of this concealer as it is full coverage and lasts and lasts all day. it covers EVERYTHING and doesn't dry to a cakey finish as i though it would. The finish is good: not too shiny and not too powdery finish

cons: mac gave me the wrong shade??? i went in thinking that they would give me a nc20, which is the yellow based shade, but they gave me a nw20. it ended up looking a little too pink for my skin. i can still work with it but i recommend going out into the natural daylight and seeing if it is the right match for you, as it is a pricey product. also the pump is really annoying. it was probably made for professional muas, not regular people at home.

overall i think this is a great product, just double check you have the right shade!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by AnotherFabulousGirl

I don't quite know how to put my thoughts into words. I have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with this product...
You see, this concealer does exactly what it is supposed to do : IT STAYS.
But for some strange reason, the color just doesn't match my skin tone. I went to a couple of different stores and all of the MUAs told me I should buy NW20 for my under-eyes. This didn't really surprise me, it's the color I have gotten all of my other MAC concealers in too.
So I finally decided to splurge on yet another concealer (I'm a bit of a concealer junkie), but it's a really strange color. It seems to me that it is WAYYYY pinker than the other ones that I own (studio finish & select moisture cover)
If I'm really, really careful when applying and only apply it exactly where it's needed : it looks okay. But the second I blend it down, even if it's just a little bit, it looks like I've got two black eyes and it draws even more attention to my under eye circles... Not really what I was going for...
The reason that I still gave this product a high score is : it does what it's supposed to do : stay. And it has a pretty nice and buildable coverage too. I also like the packaging. I just love pumps! (Even though it pumps out way too much. What I do is just put it in a little container and use the leftovers the next day) It's just the color that didn't work for me. I'm just going to have to get another color or mix it with something to make it match my skin tone a little better.
I hope this review was (slightly??) helpful?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use a lot of MAC products but I do use their foundation and this concealer. I feel that the price is reasonable but that's subjective, if you normally shop at CVS it probably isn't, but if you normally shop at Sephora this is almost a steal. I like the pump bottle and very rarely do I waste concealer with the small amount that it pumps. It covers very well (I get occasionally acne, some dark marks left over from that, undereye circles, uneven skin) and doesn't flake even on the drier areas of my skin. The only weird thing- and this isn't enough for me to take off a lippie, it's just odd- is that this is one product that doesn't work all that well with my Beauty Blender. It works great with my Shiseido foundation brush but when I use the Beauty Blender it's just not as nice of a finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by csjones85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so disappionted with this concealer. I watched several youtube videos before buying to ensure it worked well and get ideas for appyling. I tried applying with my fingers, seven different brushes, and two different style sponges. No matter what, my blue-ish undereye circles were still very visible. This product also looked dry and cakey about 30 minutes after applying. It did crease. I am not a make-up novice and tried many different techniques to apply this but it simply didn't work at all for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite concealer I've ever tried! I put this on top of revlon whipped foundation and it looks flawless. I apply this with my fingers to certain areas and stipple it into the skin and it covers everything. It lasts all day and doesn't budge or cake. The price isn't bad for such a good concealer and it is high end. The color range is wide so you should be able to find something that matches. Only complaint is the pump dispenses too much product. The MUA at Mac gave me a little jar to pump the concealer into so I don't waste any which is a great idea and saves me product. Great concealer for my oily skin, gives medium coverage alone but full coverage on top of my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

super great coverage!! dries to perfection on top of foundation. I tried using this as a "foundation" because a yt guru uses it as that and when I tried it, it looked horrid lol. but it looks great over foundation and set w powder. the smell reeks! yuck. but it goes away once applied to the face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't believe I've waited so long to buy this. I'm actually using this as both concealer and foundation. Over my face I mix it with MAC Strobe, and under the eyes I mix it with MAC Fast Response. This helps with the issue of two much product coming out. This is also working as an e/s base just as well as anything else I've tried.

It wears all day and looks very natural as long as I don't over do it. I generally don't need a powder with this but will powder later in the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by svsv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC Pro Longwear is hands down the best concealer I have ever used and one of the few products I keep on repurchasing.

Originally I bought this concealer when I had terrible acne. And when I say terrible I really mean it. My skin was really oily back then and no concealer I tried would stay good looking through the day. I'm not saying this was a miracle maker, but it was definitely a lot better than anything else. It's also the only concealer I find that gave me full coverage back then. However, you do need to put on two or more layers before the coverage is flawless. I never really cared that much, so I've just always gone with one layer as it's good enough for me.t

I have now gotten rid of my acne with Accutane, but I still have some persistent scars I want to cover up. My skin type has gone through a drastic change because of the medication, and is now quite dry which means I had to change up a lot of the products I used to use. This concealer, however, has stuck with me for the whole time. I used it during Accutane and I'm still using it on a daily basis!

Only problem with this concealer is that I don't think it works that well under the eyes. It does cover up well and doesn't really crease, but I find that it's a bit drying on that area. Concealers with a more creamy and moisturizing concistency seem to give a better result, at least for me.