November 27, 2014 | 1537 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by nelehhx

And yet, another MAC product disappoints me terribly whilst messing up my skin. Shocker.

Yuck, ew, never again. To the people who told me to put this on my under-eyes... there is a special place in hell for you. I did this on a date. A DATE. I assumed that the myriad of positive reviews could do me no wrong and applied it and went. And then I got home and looked in the mirror and realised that I had just wasted the previous 3 hours of my life because no dude wants to date a chick with gross under-eyes THAT AREN'T EVEN CONCEALED THAT WELL.

I have very pale, sensitive skin. I am oily but have dryness around eyes and nose and this stuff looked disgusting on me. Sunk nice and deeply into any eye creases, clung to dry patches, sunk into pores, aged me 20 years, generally looked heinous. It also broke me out, hooray! Oh and the packaging is awful, one pump dispenses enough product to make me and the rest of my very large family look completely dreadful. I have since replaced it with the NARS radiant creamy concealer which looks absolutely gorgeous (praise be to NARS).

Occasionally I forget how bad this stuff is and use it again. When doing this I like to reserve at least an hour afterwards so I have time to sit down and think about all of the other huge mistakes in my life that I repeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My only regret is not purchasing this sooner! I've tried so many concealers that cake and dry me out that I would literally just give up on concealers. But this stuff is amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by gossipgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AMAZING PRODUCT!
The concealer blends beautifully, has an insanely good coverage and stays on sooo long! I prefer it a lot over studio finish concealer. All in all I absolutely love this concealer but there are some downsides as well:
First of all i hate (!!!) the packaging its made out of glass and two of my concealers already fell down and broke, which is sooo annoying! And also the pump is really bad, a lot of product comes out, too much!
And the concealer oxidizes, but it isn't bad. It doesn't bother me.
Overall i would recommend it although there are some downsides.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by kaedegordon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am actually flummoxed at how many people swear by this product. it was gluey on me, had very extremely poor coverage, the pump is inferior. is there something wrong with me? why does it work for everyone but me???? goodbye cruel world

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mamminstagram

Pros:
- Great converge
- Great colour range
- Lasts long

Cons:
- Pump distributes too much
- Price a bit high

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by awdorkable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the best concealers I've tried..and I've been through a lot. I'm a N18 and ended up getting NW20 to cover up dark under eye circles. It definitely brightens up the under eye area well. This concealer is alot more liquidy than im used to, but it blends well. I am starting to get fine lines under my eyes and this concealer doesnt draw more attention to them. To apply, I use a concealer brush to get into the corners and then my beauty blender to even it out. Like a lot of other reviewers, I have issues with the pump. It distributes a whole lot of product that ends up being wasted.. As you really only need a tiny amount to get decent coverage. Overall, a great concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Les281

Love/hate relationship. I love it for its coverage but if not used properly can look cakey and drying. The best way that ive found that works for me is by mixing it with a more emollient concealer. Here comes my trusty select moisture cover also by mac and I use that to mix it and apply one eye at a time b/c since it is drying if you don't work w/it fast enough it can be hard to blend. This is my current HG for looking "glam" concealer just wish it wasn't so difficult to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

I can't use this on it's own , its far too drying , I have to mix it with a more emollient base or els e this literally cracks on me. It also breaks me out big time , I was wondering why my skin could never be clear and alas this is the culprit ! After I stopped using this , my skin cleared up.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really would love to like this product because it covers EVERYTHING! I bought it for my under eye area (I am NW30, which is a little bit orange and it makes a wounderful job on my very dark circles), but it dries me like crazy and I end looking like an old lady. If I put tons of eyecream before It kinda work..
But the thing I HATE most is the packaging... That pump...it's a lost of product.. Mac should fix it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ill start with the bad.

the pump. yes it can be annoying to have to steady your finger so the product doesnt come bursting out like a ready zit. i think ive mastered pumping it out and it takes concentration!

ive noticed it can look a little drying but ive never worn a moisturizer under so it may be my own skin.

i dont think mac makes a foundation that doesnt oxidize. even F&B oxidizes a smidge on me. so you can clearly see where and what i tried to conceal. also i am pretty pale.

now the good,

it does have awesome coverage

it will last ALL day so if you need something long lasting this will do it wonderfully.

im pretty sure it didnt break me out. i didnt wear it long enough to make a judgement.