August 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is one product I have been trying over and over to like, but after numerous chances, I hate to say that this product totally disappointed me. Honestly after reading such amazing reviews, I thought my only concern would be the annoying pump bottle. Unfortunately though, that was the least of my concerns. I'm a long time user of the Studio Finish concealer in the pot, which I find works amazing, but I wanted something a little more heavy duty that would hold up better than the Studio Finish. This application is nice. It's thin but still very pigmented and easy to blend. However, I don't find that it wears well at all. It just looks SO dry. and I have oily skin so usually I like products to be a little drier and a little more matte. This however, makes my skin so dry that a few hours into the day, I suddenly have very obviously dry, ugly skin where I put the concealer. Especially under my eyes. I also find that it gets patchy as it wears. My skin just looks like it's in horrible shape when I wear this. I've tried everything to make it work but I'm definitely going to go back to my Studio Finish concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupdiva224

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is best stuff on the earth!! nice coverage and blends really good

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by yassaminj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/ combination skin, and after using a different mac concealer that was drying my skin out, I decided to take my best friends advice and buy this one instead.

The price for this concealer was fairly high, but the reviews I had read were so great that I felt able to buy it with confidence in the product! I was so glad when I discovered how great it was! This concealer blends in perfectly with my skin and removes any blemishes and undereye bags without looking too cakey or orange. I would really recommend buying a good brush with this, such as the mac concealer brush, or I use the ecotools brush which I absolutely love! But I would really say don't use your fingers!

Unfortunately, there are some negatives to this concealer, one of which is the actual bottle itself which has been a bit of a difficulty for me. This is because the bottle has a pump and when you use the product a lot comes out at one time so I end up wasting a fair amount of it, or using it all up all over my face to not waste it because it was quite pricey. On the other hand, I would say its a good idea to squirt all of the product into a pot and use it from the pot so you can control the amount that you need on the brush in order to not waste it, which is what my friend did and it worked really well!

Apart from some problems with the bottle, the concealer itself is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone with any skin type that wants a good coverage under eyes or on spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by rosiejnes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

really good, quite good coverage
it does not crease and glides on naturally and smoothly to the skin and the shades they have match almost everyone!

it stays on for quite a long time but I did have to re-apply around the eye area as it does not really conceal that well around the eyes. I do love this product though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the best. I am so, so picky about what goes on my sensitive skin, and this is just it for me. No irritation. No breakouts. No smearing or melting. I don't ever want to try another concealer. It covers EVERYTHING and doesn't budge. It's all I use on the spots where it's needed - no foundation or powder to set it. Don't need it. It's thick and dries fast, so I apply a tiny bit at a time and blend quickly. It will get cakey if you over-apply, but I've used this for years and am comfortable working with it now. I'm NW15, cool and fair, and this is a flawless match.

I don't consider this expensive because my last bottle lasted me over two years with daily use. Yes, the packaging sucks and wastes a lot of product. Get a little sample jar from Sephora and dispense a pump at a time into it. When it's empty, disinfect the sample jar and repeat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted this to be an under-eye concealer first and foremost, and in that respect I think this wasn't great. The staying power was very good and it covered my dark circles well, but I found it looked too drying under my eyes, even though I had a decent amount of eye cream on and I don't think my under-eye skin is particularly dry.

However, I think this does a FABULOUS job of thoroughly concealing spots and blemishes without the need to touch up during the day. I also found this makes an excellent primer for eyeshadow.

I find the pump packaging dispenses much more product than I need, so I decant the extra product into a small tub which means none is wasted.

I would buy this again simply because of how good a spot concealer/ eyeshadow primer this is, but I won't be using it under my eyes anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is amazing. The formular is vert smooth,and it's very pigmented, doesn't feel too dry or too heavy on the skin. I like the product a lot, but the packaging is such a pain. This is the only reason I give this product 4 out of 5. It comes in the GLASS bottle. BEWARE, DON'T DROP IT. It will break and spill everywhere. Also, it comes with pump, so it's quite difficult to control the amount of product. It can be a waste. Overall, I love this comcealer. It performs quite well. I'm just not satisfy with the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Sherryanne300002

I really like this concealer I believe that it is a great under eye concealer if taken into consideration 3 things:
1. If you have dry skin it can be a bit flakey/clumpy/beady because it drys matt, everyone knows matt on dry=bad news. This can be avoided by using their light infusing moisturizer to mix the formula, or basically any moisturizer preferably a skin enhancing shimmer or shine provoking one. But with all that messing around and if your not really into spending time on your makeup you might as well buy the narrs creamy concealer or I find some drug store brands set with a loose matt formula looks less drying and cakey.
2. Unfortunately if you have lots of lines or creepy skin like almost all with the exception of sheer concealers it can become creasy and unflattering accentuating the very thing you don't want noticeable.
3. If you use a little under the eye and perhaps blend with the mac duo fiber blending brush that can be used for cream/liquid products as well as powder formula eyeshadows creams etc.

This is one of my HG concealers I do have to be careful and apply my own suggestions while using it. There are others that are also great including one of my favs shoppers drug mart 11$ QUO made in Canada under eye illuminating concealer = fantastic considering I am a makeup artist who have tried alotttttt of makeup on many different skins. I hope this helped for a prospective buyer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

goodbye dark circles!!!!!
Miracle concealer! I've been using this for the last 4 months and it works wonders.
I was addicted to studio sculpt concealer and since it was discontinued i was looking for something to replace it, and the truth is that, if i've used Pro Longwear since the begining, i would have never left it.
The formula lasts forever on my skin, doesn't melt, gives the best coverage for everything, specially dark circles that lately became my biggest problem.
I didn't find hard to blend as some reviewers said. The faster you work with it, the easier.

BUT, what the hell is that pump? You will definetly lose some product until you properly work with this pump. At least i lost a lot of them until i was familiar with it.
That MUST be improved by MAC.

The formula dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I was used to put concealer on every spot that i wanted to conceal, and then i worked with my brush. With Pro longwear, if you want the best results, i think you should not do this, it's better if you conceal right after putting on your face because the formula will dry fast and it will be harder to blend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sparksfly22

This concealer works wonders on dark circles, but the thing is, you have to be quick when blending the product or else it will dry REALLY quickly and look cakey. I HIGHLY recommend you trust your instincts when buying this product and finding the right shade. With me, the MAC sales associate advised me not to get anything under NW25, mind you Iam a NC 30. So when I went home and tried it on..... let me tell you, it literally looked like I had two DARK ORANGE eyes. It was horrible.