August 30, 2014 | 1791 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by angiehalim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

De-Slick is the only reason that I love URBAN DECAY so much.
I would never going out without sticking this lovely spray.

at first, this product is such a disappointment because it's still breaks out and making a strange feeling on my skin. then i read the review about this and like everybody else, i figured it out the magic.

first, i finished all my skin care routine
then..
1. i spray de-slick on my sigma F80 brush about 15-30cm.
2. i lightly tap in on the back of my hand for a foundation tap
3. put in on my face
4. do the rest of make up
5. after finish, spray it all over again about 60cm. do it on Tzone and Xzone.

Tadaaaa.... the magic will still worked 18hours to me.

oh ya, I wouldnt re-buy itu again, not because it's bad. but I want to try another setting spray by urban decay. Such as Dew Me, All nighter or B26.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mvaldovinos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been so disappointment. I read and seen you tube reviews on this and more than half of them raved about it. I have really really oily skin and I hoped this would work for me but it was an epic fail. I tired it all week this past week and still saw my skin very oily, it didn't even help one bit. I would never buy this again. Maybe the people that raved about it don't have really really oily skin and it worked on them, but NOT ON ME. I'm returning it ASAP

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've felt like I've done everything in my power to make this work and I just can't. First off, my face is an oil slick. Second, I've tried over my foundation, under it, shaking it a ton, spraying numerous different number of sprays (ie only once, three times) with different distances, with or without powder, I just can't do anything with it. It makes my foundation splotchy (I wear liquid foundation and sometimes use a setting powder, I've used it with both instances) and doesn't prolong anything enough for me. It feels good and it does take the powder look away, but also in a bad way. I don't get it honestly. Maybe if you have dry skin and have some oily t-zones, this would be for you, but I don't get it. If someone can tell me otherwise, please do?

Oh and I even took a lippie off the new packaging as it gets dirty so easily. ew.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! I have normal to oily skin and this keeps my makeup on better than any primer. Will purchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In attempts to make my makeup last all day, I decided to give UD's sprays a try. UD's All Nighter did not work well with my skin; it didn't make me break out but it didn't make my makeup stay on at all. De-slick actually helped make my makeup stay on longer and all day.

I spray it over my face before applying makeup and after I am done but before putting on mascara. I use waterproof mascara, so nothing happens when I spray after mascara, its just a preference. Overall, I love how it leaves a dewy finish on my face, not heavy, no smell, no irritations, no stinging and def works to keep my makeup staying on all day. No touch ups!

As for the oil control part, mm, i think all nighter does a better job at oil control. I still blot during the day, at least twice to keep my face lighter. When I don't use de-slick my face actually has less oil...so it's like they say, sometimes when you strip away all the oils on your face, the face naturally wants to make more oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oil skin so I'm always looking for products that promise to keep my skin looking matte. I used it as instructed and didn't keep me from getting shiny at all. I do however like using it around mid-day after blotting to freshen up my foundation, but I think spraying water on my face would have the same effect. Would not recommend, and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I quite like this. Although it isn't amazing at controlling oil, it certainly keeps me less shiny than if I hadn't used it. It does a good job at keeping my makeup intact too which I'm impressed with. Although I haven't noticed it to be drying, I'm not keen on the fact that the second ingredient is alcohol as I'm not sure it's that great for my skin. I think I would perhaps look into trying other options that are better for my skin but for now I find this to perform well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MissMiaMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got super oily skin, and normally my makeup like melts off my face, and I get mascara and eyeliner all over my face. I've found skin primer helps a lot. I put on oil free moisturizer, primer then foundation then I spray my face with two sprays. Then I put on a heavy, loose setting powder, eyeliner and mascara. I then spray it again. My face does still get shiny, but way less shiny, and my makeup stays in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does absolutely nothing. My skin is still oily within a few hours. I've tried this everyday possible with every product and nothing. I actually think this made me oilier. It didnt keep my makeup on any longer either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This product does actually work, but I am finding it a bit drying for my skin. I apply a few sprays to my face once I am completely done with my makeup and I do see a positive change in how well my makeup lasts throughout the day. However, my combo skin has been a bit more dry recently due to a new cleanser (glycolic acid) and once I apply this to my face I look a bit cakey? Maybe I am imagining it, but I am going to try out the All Nighter Spray once I'm finished with this bottle. I know they all contain alcohol, but maybe the others have less than this one. Still, this product does what it says!!