Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 11/10/2014 6:04:00 PM

I've been searching high and low for a long-lasting foundation that wouldn't settle in my 53-year-old fine lines and that would give me a dewy finish (I am SO over mineral foundation!!). I tried several high-end products but gave this a try because of the positive reviews on MUA. This honestly is an HG product for me. Coverage is medium, buildable to full - but still looks like skin. I think the best part is that it covers my undereye circles so much better than any concealer I've ever used, and it doesn't budge OR settle into my fine lines! If I'm doing full makeup, I finish it with Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder and mist with MUFE Mist & Fix (another HG for me). But it's great on its own without powder. I'm quite fair and use shade 100.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was my first foundation ever! Even though I've tried many other foundations, from drugstore brand to high-end brands, I've stayed using this one since! It's very good value for starters, and it also blends well and ends with a soft satin finish. I find that it gets a little greasy even on my dry skin, so I need to pat it down with a bit of pressed powder and use primer beforehand. After that, it's pretty heat-resistant and lasts a long time! I wouldn't say that it's "25 hours" as claimed, but it seems to last a good 8-10 hours.

on 10/31/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have found a sample of this foundation in some magazine, so decided to give it a go. Didn't expect much to be honest but let me tell you... WOW! Little sample was enough for two applications but i had to get more. And I did.
I applied it with fingers, classic foundation brush, RT buffing brush and RT miracle complexion sponge. Each time face looked flawless. However my favourite way is the sponge. I have some redness on my face, I get occasional breakout and have rather large amount of scars (10 years of acne leftover ). This foundation evens out nicely everything. Don't get me wrong, you can still see little scar dips if you look up close, but so much less then with any other foundation I've used before. Coverage is medium but buildable. It dries to a semi-matte/satin finish. You definately don't feel it sitting on the face. It did not beak me out or clog pores.
The color range is not the greatest as you can imagine since it's a drugstore foundation. I got this in 100 Ivory and it's quite good match for my complexion (for reference i used NC20 in Mac Studio Sculpt).
What surprised me the most was the lasting power. Usually after 10hrs working day my foundation wears off a bit, looks little patchy but this one...NOT! It looks just like minute after appying it. I do powder my T-zone as it gets oily but when I don't, forehead looks shiny but foundation is still there. Does it last 25 hours? I did not try and I'm not going to-usually I take my make up off as soon as I get back home. 25hrs or not it has enough lasting power for me.
For £7.99 you get the quality of a high end brand foundation. I actually prefer Lasting Finish 25h NUDE Foundation to my Clarins Skin Illusion foundation.
It is definately worth a try.

on 10/29/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have to say I am really surprised at how much I really like this foundation! They do need a little more variety of colors for darker tones, but I have been mixing with a darker shade of MAC face & body foundation and it is working out great. The coverage is medium/full using a blending wedge and it really does last longer than others I have tried. I'm definitely going to buy again!

on 10/27/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have bought several tubes of this stuff and realize that I now need to write a review! This is probably one of the few medium-full coverage foundations offered at the drug store that are suitable for my skin type (normal-dry). It is a water-based foundation so I avoid using a brush with this formula. I place a dab on my finger tips and apply directly to my face. It provides good coverage which lasts a long time. I can't say for sure if it lasts 25 hours since I don't wear my makeup that long but when I come home from work my foundation still looks great. I've even had people ask me if I retouch my makeup at work since it lasts so well. A few downsides: it oxidizes like crazy. I actually gave up on this foundation for a while until I decided to start wearing it with a foundation primer. Since then, I haven't had any problems so just be aware. Also, it is heavily scented so if you are sensitive to smells, this may be a deal breaker. The shade selection is so-so. I wear NC20 in MAC foundation and the True Ivory matches me perfectly in the Match Perfection foundation. In this one, I mix the True Ivory and a tad of the Soft Beige to create a good match. Or I just wear the True Ivory and add an extra bit of bronzer powder afterwards to even things out. Finally, not all of the drugstores in my area stock this foundation so I have to make sure and stock up at the ones that do. It runs around $8 so I try and take advantage of BOGO 50% off sales when they're happening. I hope this helps!

on 10/24/2014 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The one I bought was in the glass bottle with the red lid, I'm pretty sure they are the same product though.

I bought this to try and find a foundation that lasts through my 8 and a half hour shifts at work. I decided to give this one a try, and I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out. When I put my makeup on I try to get the oil off my face, I've been trying green tea bags and that seems to work well (it sounds well but it's apparently a good toner), then I used a silicone based primer, as this foundation is silicone based. I think some people may find it a little harder to find a colour that matches, I'm pretty sure I've found lighter colours in the Match Perfection range. I bought 2 bottles of the 2 lightest shades and mixed them together.

I did find the consitency to be a little strange, maybe it was just me, but it seemed more sticky than other foundations I've used, it is better to use a wet sponge I've found to get it to apply/blend better. Even after having it on for a little while it still felt the same way so I put on a little bit of powder over the top to get rid of the feeling (I use Maybelline Fit Me). I am guessing the consistency has something to do with what makes the foundation last longer.

I have a few lines on my face where my makeup creases, I have found that the creases have definitely reduced with this foundation quite a bit. And I have definitely found that it lasts a lot better than other foundations. I wouldn't say it has 100% staying power, but I found about 80-90%. In saying that I work in a pet store where I can sometimes be active, and it does get a bit warmer, so if you're doing a job that is less... sweaty... or even a different skin type, then it may last even better. But I'm quite happy with the results of it and I will definitely buy it again.

on 10/14/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I have been really fed up with drugstore foundations recently. I have tried so many and the closest I had come to my ultimate was cover girl stay fabulous and even that had been looking cakey on me recently. I had tried this product years ago but was never that impressed but recently they have re released it with new packaging so I gave it a try as it was on sale. I am not normally a big fan of Rimmel but This foundation is AMAZING!! It soaks into the skin making the face look flawless! The texture is not too thick or thin, it covers blemished wonderfully and last all day! I am an oily faced girl and this did not get shiny at all and stayed perfect even at the end of the day. It is a must try! Especially since atm it is only $12. So happy I have finally found a foundation that I love <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad. Goes on beautifully but doesn't last. I tried using primer underneath and I never skip out on moisturizer but nothing seems to make it last all day. It goes on quite opague but my skin is very oily so it just dissolves it I suppose. I would recommend this product to someone with less oily skin for sure.

on 10/3/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have never tried any Rimmel product before so I was pleasantly surprised. The only negative thing is the size of the bottle; it's so small!

on 10/2/2014 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is an amazing foundation! It applies really smoothly, and looks incredibly natural. I prefer this to my Armani luminous silk and YSL touche eclat. Has a really good color selection for pale skins. I use the real techniques buffing brush to apply it. Love it.