Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

So disappointed with this foundation. Bought in the shade 'light porcelain' as I have quite fair skin.
However...after this foundation has been on my face for about fifteen minutes it oxidizes so much that I look like I've had some sort of bad tanning accident.

It's really dry as well,absolutely no glow to this foundation once applied to your face. That's juts personal preference though, I prefer a dewy foundation to a matte finish.

It's dry, dull and it oxidises. Wish I could return it. I don't know why I ever stray away from my beloved MAC Face and Body.

I did a bit of research before buying the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hour foundation. I wanted a foundation that covers but also gives a matte finish (oil control). First time I applied this to my face I used too much product. It did sit well on my normal moisturiser and spreading it over my face was an issue. It really did look awful.

THEN I tried it again by first applying a primer and then applying the foundation sparingly. It sits wonderfully, has great coverage, lasts the whole day and controls oiliness completely. When applying, first start with minimum. You can always add more when you feel you need more coverage.

I do use different foundations for different days, seasons etc. but I will definitely buy this product again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Suitable for my dry skin. Does not go cakey. Enough coverage to balance out my high pigmentation. Lasts all day. Cheap. Bottle has a pump. Applies well with fingers and beauty blender. Have not tried a brush as yet. No SPF but it applied well over my Clinique Factor 40.

A long lasting foundation without the drying effect of ELDW (also a very good foundation but not wonderful for me).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is indeed very thick for a liquid foundation. I find the coverage to be very comparable to L'Oreal True Match, which I believe is medium coverage. Scars and blemishes are still quite noticeable. It feels thick, heavy and sticky on the face, especially after applying a second layer on problem areas. Feels a lot better after powdering the face.
I would prefer L'Oreals True match coverage and texture to this, though its more expensive.
Good foundation if you only have minor flaws- though same can be said for any foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loved this when I first brought it, has pretty good coverage, doesn't dry my skin out (I have pretty dry skin) and doesn't sweat off like other foundations I've used. But recently it has gone a bit sticky. I still love it though and gives a nice dewy finish :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE for me. I have oily skin, but this foundation was so awful that i think it would badly affect everyone. First of all, it has a really bad, strong odor to it. Pretty sure anyone who stood next to me noticed it. And when i put it on my face, it felt like literal glue. It was SO STICKY, and it made my face extremely shiny right away, as if someone rubbed chicken grease all over my face. And this was only after applying a light layer. I will admit that it had pretty good coverage, but thats still not enough for me to buy it again. I threw it out right away!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation as it is a very good coverage, whether it's 'full' i don't know but for me it definitely is compared to anything I've ever used before. The foundation lasts ages and doesn't sweat off like others (e.g. Wake Me Up Foundation). I wear it with a mattifying primer as I get greasy skin throughout the day but the foundation doesn't seem to make me particularly greasy either. It's great for blending and gives a really flawless finish and along with a good concealer it covers up my dark acne marks too. However I wouldn't build the foundation up too much as it will appear cakey due to it's thick coverage!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a great product for people with combination skin leaning dry, especially if you're after a slightly dewy finish. I have combination skin with a slightly oily T-Zone, along with eczema patches and very dry cheeks.

This foundation evens out my skin tone very well, however I need to build it over my redder areas because it is definitely NOT a high coverage foundation. If you have bad acne this foundation will not work well for you.

PROS:

- Light-feeling
- Sheer-medium coverage
- Buildable
- Dewy finish
- Very natural-looking
- Cheap

CONS:

- Not good for oily skin
- Will not cover acne
- Has a slight fragrance (I don't mind it personally, but others might)
- Will not last the promised 25 hours

I've been using Rimmel 25 Hour (we have the pump version in Canada) for a week now. The consistency over the week has become stickier and gooey BUT I still love it. The finish looks natural. It is neutral but leans a bit towards yellow. I wait a few minutes before I powder it. I usually powder one more time during the day. I get a higher than medium coverage. I use my fingers. I can't picture using a brush with this due to the stickiness. Does Not break me out and I have sensitive skin with easily clogged pores. Combo skin.

Amazing coverage that makes my face look absolutely flawless. Couldnt stop starring at my face. For those complaining about its tackiness I found it better if you waited for a couple of minutes for the foundation to ‘settle‘ then powder it lightly. Unfortunately this broke me out after a few days. Why do you have to fragrance it!!?? Why!???