October 22, 2014 | 2051 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by windycina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing. This foundation is amazing. I have the number 12 and it's perfect for my pink undertone. It's like a second skin, light, silky, and it gives my skin a flawless look. Really: my skin but better. The coverage is light to medium, but it works brilliantly even in my very dark under eye area, prepares my skin for the concealer. It's really astonishing, best foundation on my skin. Used it on a friend for her wedding day, even if there's SPF (summer wedding): she was amazing, the foundation acted really well all day, and it's good in photo. Would DEFINITELY buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by laurencordina

I absolutely love this foundation! I stumbled upon a YouTube review of it and boy am I happy I did. The girl that reviewed it had acne prone skin with acne marks and it made her skin look flawless; that was the only reason I purchased it is because she and I have similar skin types and it looked so great on her.
Since it is only available online and I wasn't sure of my color, I called the Sephora 1800 number and one of their beauty associates helped me get the perfect color which is 03.
Some of the other reviewers say that it is sheer and light coverage, but I find it to be a pretty buildable coverage when you just add a little bit of concealer to the problem spots (in my case acne marks).
Unfortunately, it is not my holy grail foundation, I have been yet to find that. It seems to make my T-zone oily after about 4 hours and it does settle into my fine lines around my mouth. I've found that it applies much better with a beauty blender rather than my Sigma F80 that I was using.
My skin is currently going through treatments (I'm alternating photofacials and glycolic peels every two weeks) which could be the reason why the foundation isn't exactly making my skin "flawless" per say.
Regardless, I will definitely be buying this again (even with the unnecessary hefty price tag) because I think it is an amazing foundation and has great potential for my skin once I get finished with my treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KseniyaLed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE!!!! This is my second bottle and I love it so much!!! The most natural finish you can get, I am serious! It just melts into your skin. I have very oily skin but it's not bad though, does not melt away. I do have to use blotting sheets but I usually do with any foundation. I put it on at 6:30 am and at 8 pm it still looks great! I kid you not!! It covers acne, acne scars, discoloration, etc... not completely covers it but if it would, it would look unnatural... One HUGE minus is the price but it's worth it. A little goes the long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have quite oily skin as of late and have been looking for a foundation that keeps me from getting super shiny. I didn't expect much from a product that is "underwear for skin" ...how could that possibly have enough coverage or lasting power? Well, it does. I have tried EVERY long wear foundation, somehow this one beats them all. It makes my skin look so good and naturally perfect. It doesn't have more than light-medium coverage, though, so I would avoid if you need a more fuller coverage formula. If you're looking for your-skin-but-better in a LONG LASTING formula, look no further! It is worth every penny of it's outrageously expensive price <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by zapster18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very sheer, very lightweight foundation. I love the smell and the look of it when it is freshly applied. I use fingers then a round kabuki foundation brush to buff over everything in circular motions. However, it doesn't stand up too well in very humid climates or if you're prone to perspiring, like I am. I like it but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with very oily skin, or who is looking for a medium to full coverage, super durable foundation. I usually switch to Diorskin Forever when I know I'll be out the whole day and need my base makeup to last from morning to evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MajBrittm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to a department store here in the Netherlands trying to find a more moisturizing foundation than the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation, as i found it too drying for my skin. Due to the consisting freezing temperatures, my skin has gotten extremely dry and unfortunately the foundation was too mat for my skin.

I bought the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation, and luckily the SA added a sample so i could try it out for a couple of days before using the bottle in case it might break me out.

When i got home i tried it and i really loved the finish of it, slightly dewy but not too dewy but the coverage was not what i was used to with the Chanel one. But i layered it and it made my acne scaring less noticeable and it just looked more clear.

The SA gave me a generous sample, i've used it for 4 days, but as the days went on i got less enthusiastic. It didn't break me out at all, i even think that it cleared my skin out. But it might also be due to the fact that i wasn't using the chanel foundation anymore, and that my break outs got caused by that foundation.

Now back to my point, i applied the foundation around 7 am, worked for 4 hours and when by the time i got home and was looking at the foundation i saw that it sat on dry patches and nearly disappeared on the non dry parts of my skin, and the non dry parts aren't oily at all. So that was really disappointing, especially since this did not cause any break outs and it looks really nice when just applied.

Maybe it was due to the fact that i did not use a primer or setting powder, but i don't take the time for that in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I am a bit sensitive to scents but this one has an extremely faint one, its tolerable. I feel like it makes me break out, like one pimple on my chin once in a blue moon, but its completely worth that stupid pimple for the flawless coverage it gives. I have received quite a few compliments whenever I wear it and it really does look like your skin. It provides medium coverage which is buildable to full, I feel, without looking cakey whatsoever.
However, if you have very dry, flakey skin I do not think it is for you because one day I was experiencing some flakeyness due to acne products and harsh winter winds, and the foundation emphasised them so much (I was the only one who noticed but still...).
My one complaint is that it oxidizes on my skin way too much! But honestly I just bring it down and use fake tanner and Im good to go, its that beautiful on! LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

This foundation is one of my favorites. It's a light coverage foundation which is build able. It has a semi Dewey finish. It looks very natural and it lasts all day for me with a powder touch up on my t zone. I love the fragrance as well. My only issue is the price so whenever I feel like splurging I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I wear foundation, my goal is to look like I just have really good skin and not look like I'm wearing makeup. That can be very hard to achieve because several things come into play. The foundation has to be a spot on color match (which is why I often need to mix shades). It also needs to be light coverage and not too dewy and not too matte (neither looks natural in my opinion). I am always searching for my "Holy Grail" foundation. Lingerie de Peau is described as an invisible foundation that wears like a second skin. Of course that description drew me in.

Packaging
I love that the bottle is heavy and sleek looking. The pump on this is also really good. It allows you to dispense a little product if you want (rather than pumps that only allow you to dispense a full pump of product).

Color
02 Beige Clair is around N25. 01 Beige Pale is around N15. Both have a neutral undertones. There's a pretty big jump between the two. 31 Ambre Pale is around NC15 with a yellow undertone. I generally mix 31 and 02.

Texture, Coverage, Finish, and Fragrance
I have read over and over (on blogs and reviews) that this is a "sheer, light coverage" foundation. I completely disagree with this. I think many people mistake coverage with texture. What I mean by this is, LdP is a very thin, fluid foundation but it has a lot of pigment. In my opinion, this is different than a sheer foundation (which would be a foundation that doesn't have a lot of pigment regardless of whether it is thin or more viscous). A foundation can be thin and fuller coverage, thick and sheer coverage, etc. It all depends on how much pigment there is.

On me, LdP is medium to full coverage but I like to sheer it out to light coverage. It has a beautiful satin finish and gets ever so slightly dewy throughout the day. I should also mentioned that this is quite fragrance (floral-y I think). That doesn't bother me but I know some are sensitive to that.

Staying Power
Although I am combo/oily, this lasts all day on me when set with powder. I recently wore it for ten hours on a ninety degree day and by the other day there was only minimal fading and shine.

In a Nutshell...
If you love natural, skin like foundations and aren't bothered by fragrance give this one a go. The shade range is limited but the formula is divine.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not impressed. I am a foundation junkie. I got this foundation as a gift. I was extremely excited to try it and only got disappointed. It's overly fragrance, which is the number one thing that is irritating to the skin. I also did not like there were only a few shades and my closest shade (02) was a little too light. I did like like it oxidized and color changed to match me a little more. Still I can't get use to the smell of it. I didn't think the formulation was any better than makeup forever's HD foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No