July 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by delirious

I can't bare to not moisturize my eyes after a whole day of eyeliner. I wanted to give this producta try but it honestly doesn't do much for me. I have a bare wrinkle line and I'm nearly done with this product but nothing's improving. Rather disappointed in this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SkincareAficionada

I bought this with the Advance Night repair, and I must say I was very disappointed by this product. It doesnt hydrate the skin very much, and it leaves the area quite dry, which is really odd. The presence of silicones maybe contributes to that. Does it banish my circles? NO! But the 3 lippies is for the fact that they fill in line quite well :D

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ariellephan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am young and have no lines and.or dark circles underneath my eyes so I can't see any visible result from using the eye cream. The smaller top makes it a bit difficult to get the cream out and sometimes it got stuck under my nails so boo to the packaging. The price is a tad more expensive than clinique. What I don't like about Estee Lauder and Clinique is that they don't disclose ingredients list despite their claiming to be noncomedogenic etc brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Eleos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot.

My mother bought it for herself, but found that it irritated her eyes (she has sensitive allergies), so she gave it to me.

Although I don't have any wrinkles (I'm 23), I'm obsessed with preventing them, and I like to get rid of the bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. This product does just that, and I love it.

I like the little plastic thing that comes with it because it helps me to ensure I don't put too much on. I like the way it smells, and I can feel my skin tighten soon after I put it on under my eyes.

I would definitely buy it again, but from reading the reviews from others I would likely not use it for wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by holidayyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. This is my first luxury eye treament products. I have oil seeds under my eyes + have combination skin (oily especially at the under eye & cheeks), had been careful in choosing eye treament. Got generous samples & fell in love with it after the 1st application. It is not too 'rich' for me & I love the gel texture that melts on to my skin so ever quickly. I had been using it since Sept 2010 & my eyebags had been kept at bay so as the dark circles. Another thing I noticed is there's a slight 'tightening' sensation. At first, I thought it's a allergy reaction but turns out to be nothing. I would think that it's working its magic :P

The only downside of this is its packaging. I would prefer to have it in a tube coz then I wont need to 'dip' my fingers in it - i'm too lazy to use the applicator :P

Other than that, I LOVE IT! Cost = worth!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. Indeed, I kept buying it, sure it would eventually do all the wondrous things it claimed it would do. I waited for the faint crows' feet that have found their way onto my face to diminish, for me to look rejuvenated. I waited, embarrassingly, for six months. It did not happen.

This is a moisturizer. It moisturizes the under eye area. If what you need is a nice under-eye moisturizer, then this is your thing. It smells nice and has a little plastic sticky thing that makes you feel that it's almost technical. It does not, however, diminish fine lines or dark circles even a teeny weeny tiny bit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very expensive product. It did not improve under eye circles or fine lines and actually caused milia. Waste of money, I don't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

I got milia under my eyes from this .
It didn't moisturize at all.
I don't get this product at all. What a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mrsfriess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product caused multiple milia in my under eye area. I had to see a dermatologist. The milia only went away after being pierced with a needle. Stay away from this product if you value your skin and your wallet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Iveriniel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about this. My mom had a deluxe sample sitting in her drawer that she wasn't using, so I stole it. Unlike other reviewers with very sensitive skin, I have not had any issues with this. I only use it at night after I remove my makeup and cleanse my skin. It does smell like old grapes/church wine, which I never noticed until I read the reviews and then sniffed my jar. I'm 25 and don't have a ton of issues with eye wrinkles, though I am sort of obsessed with preventing them. It does make my skin feel delightful and refreshed, but that seems to be about it. When I wake up in the morning, I don't see any noticeable improvement, though sometimes I think it looks as though my tiny lines are actually worse instead of better. I still have some very tiny dehydration lines that this product hasn't lessened in the few weeks that I have been using it. I'll keep using it until the deluxe sample is gone, which for me will be a while since you need such a tiny amount. I still have most of my sample, even after two weeks of nightly use.

As for the jar, it doesn't really bother me. I wash my hands and face before using it and close the jar up immediately after use. I keep the jar on my nightstand so I remember to use it and it hasn't changed in texture, though it is not in an area that is completely exposed to any natural light.

I have noticed one thing that I am surprised no one else has mentioned: My eye lashes have grown a lot longer since using this, and I already had nice lashes! It is the only thing that has gone around my eyes that is new, so I am attributing the growth to it. Since noticing this, I have decided to try using a bit on my eyebrows to see if it will help them to grow more (I desire lush and thick super model brows!). I'll try to remember to update this if I see any results.

Perhaps the increased lash growth is because I smooth the serum/complex over my lashes and brow bone to spread it in. I think that may be the wrong method for putting this complex on now that I have read the other reviews that say to apply it in dots and let it spread around the eye or something like that.

Can anyone else comment on the increased lash/brow growth? Since I haven't seen a reduction in my few fine lines or any noticeable new brightness around my eyes, I don't think I would buy this again. I want something that is more moisturizing and offers better results in preventing future fine lines and wrinkles. Perhaps this would work better in conjunction with a moisturizer like another reviewer mentioned. Since I don't have another one, I'll have to wait to find out. :-)

EDIT 12/31/2010: This started to irritate my very sensitive eyes. I also don't really see much of a difference in my tiny wrinkles and think it might be making them look worse. While my eyes feel soft (probably from silicone that another reviewer mentioned), they don't look any different and I've been using it for long enough that results should show.