April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. Indeed, I kept buying it, sure it would eventually do all the wondrous things it claimed it would do. I waited for the faint crows' feet that have found their way onto my face to diminish, for me to look rejuvenated. I waited, embarrassingly, for six months. It did not happen.

This is a moisturizer. It moisturizes the under eye area. If what you need is a nice under-eye moisturizer, then this is your thing. It smells nice and has a little plastic sticky thing that makes you feel that it's almost technical. It does not, however, diminish fine lines or dark circles even a teeny weeny tiny bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very expensive product. It did not improve under eye circles or fine lines and actually caused milia. Waste of money, I don't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

I got milia under my eyes from this .
It didn't moisturize at all.
I don't get this product at all. What a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mrsfriess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product caused multiple milia in my under eye area. I had to see a dermatologist. The milia only went away after being pierced with a needle. Stay away from this product if you value your skin and your wallet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Iveriniel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about this. My mom had a deluxe sample sitting in her drawer that she wasn't using, so I stole it. Unlike other reviewers with very sensitive skin, I have not had any issues with this. I only use it at night after I remove my makeup and cleanse my skin. It does smell like old grapes/church wine, which I never noticed until I read the reviews and then sniffed my jar. I'm 25 and don't have a ton of issues with eye wrinkles, though I am sort of obsessed with preventing them. It does make my skin feel delightful and refreshed, but that seems to be about it. When I wake up in the morning, I don't see any noticeable improvement, though sometimes I think it looks as though my tiny lines are actually worse instead of better. I still have some very tiny dehydration lines that this product hasn't lessened in the few weeks that I have been using it. I'll keep using it until the deluxe sample is gone, which for me will be a while since you need such a tiny amount. I still have most of my sample, even after two weeks of nightly use.

As for the jar, it doesn't really bother me. I wash my hands and face before using it and close the jar up immediately after use. I keep the jar on my nightstand so I remember to use it and it hasn't changed in texture, though it is not in an area that is completely exposed to any natural light.

I have noticed one thing that I am surprised no one else has mentioned: My eye lashes have grown a lot longer since using this, and I already had nice lashes! It is the only thing that has gone around my eyes that is new, so I am attributing the growth to it. Since noticing this, I have decided to try using a bit on my eyebrows to see if it will help them to grow more (I desire lush and thick super model brows!). I'll try to remember to update this if I see any results.

Perhaps the increased lash growth is because I smooth the serum/complex over my lashes and brow bone to spread it in. I think that may be the wrong method for putting this complex on now that I have read the other reviews that say to apply it in dots and let it spread around the eye or something like that.

Can anyone else comment on the increased lash/brow growth? Since I haven't seen a reduction in my few fine lines or any noticeable new brightness around my eyes, I don't think I would buy this again. I want something that is more moisturizing and offers better results in preventing future fine lines and wrinkles. Perhaps this would work better in conjunction with a moisturizer like another reviewer mentioned. Since I don't have another one, I'll have to wait to find out. :-)

EDIT 12/31/2010: This started to irritate my very sensitive eyes. I also don't really see much of a difference in my tiny wrinkles and think it might be making them look worse. While my eyes feel soft (probably from silicone that another reviewer mentioned), they don't look any different and I've been using it for long enough that results should show.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I wish they hadn't updated the formula on Advanced Night Repair Eye. This version was so much better. It really evened out skin tone under the eye, helped with dark circles and puffiness, and was very moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by beautywardrobe

Have been using this eye recovery complex for half a year. The price is quite expensive, got it at ~RM180 for 15ml. Although the volume is quite small, but it lasts for a long time. It is named advanced night repair but the instruction mentions that this gel can be applied both morning and night. This is how I'm using it right now, both morning and night. The texture is rich but not oily. At the first few weeks of using it, the fine lines under my eyes become less visible! As much as I'm so excited with it, the effectiveness does not progress further than that. After few months of using it now, fine lines under my eye is still there. I'm going to sway away from this and trying other eye cream like L'occitane or Origins. Probably I'm coming back to it but not so soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This product was replaced by Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On the plus side, this did at least moisturise my under eye area. On the minus side, it had no effect at all on dark circles (the primary purpose as far as I was concerned). My eyes aren't very wrinkly or puffy so I can't comment on that. My big problem with this product is the packaging. Pots are unhygienic, even if they come with a little spatula that either gets lost or clutters up the bathroom, and this particular pot is an ugly shade of brown that doesn't even serve a decorative function.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by gigisopo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have noticed that many reviewers have labeled this product as a "moisturizer". You're all wrong. This is not a moisturizer. It is a REPAIR. You must apply this along with your regular Advanced Night Repair before putting on your moisturizer. This will help heal the damage from every-day irritants from the inside out. While you sleep, your skin is at its most productive at repairing your cells. This REPAIR will work synergistically with your skin to rebuild your cells. Remember, this is NOT a moisturizer, it is applied before your moisturizer.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No