July 25, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Coconut Foot Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by gogobardot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a simple, no-fuss product that works. I use it whenever my feet need a little TLC and so far, my feet are in great condition. I have not gotten into the habit of using it regularly, but I will start now that the cooler weather has arrived and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

It has a nice warming effect when you rub it in, and I'm a sucker for anything coconut. The scent is mixed with peppermint which is nice and refreshing, but it does smell pretty strong.

I would only use this before bed (or paired with socks during the day) since your feet will be quite sticky afterward.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm very ambivalent towards this foot creme. I simply adore Burt's Bees products as a whole, but I don't love this one. I guess the best way I can review this is to make a pros and cons list.

PROS:

-It softens the feet REALLY well. It's a great product for people with severely cracked/damaged/rough feet.

-It gives a warming sensation, which feels pretty nice.

CONS:

-I dislike the smell. I usually love coconut-scented things, but there's some other scent in this product that turns me off.

-I REALLY dislike the texture and the feel of the creme. It's greasy, yet it oddly feels rough when I put it on my feet. As I rub it on my feet, it feels like I'm using chalk. I can't describe it so well, but I hate the feel of this lotion.

-I like to wear socks immediately after applying foot lotion. This lotion STAINED my socks.

I won't be buying this again ... And I don't think I'll even finish the tube I already have, unfortunately. I give this three lippys because it does soften my feet really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sunshyndrmr

I love this product. I use it a lot in the summer. In the summer my feet take a beating in the pool (they get torn on the bottoms) and get rough. When I wore boots all the time my feet were so soft. I use this at night, let it set a few mins and then put on socks. Works wonders. I don't think I'd ever be able to use this in the day time since it doesn't soak in like a regular hand lotion would. very thick. A little goes a LONG way.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 More reviews by slkendall

The smell of this product has to be strong to cover the smell of the lanolin in it, which has a horrible sheep-y smell. It is basically moisturizing sheep wool grease. That could possibly be the undertone some people have mentioned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Worst. Foot Lotion. Ever. I did not like this at all. It is extremely greasy and does not absorb. You could never use this without putting socks on after to help it absorb. But even when I did that, my feet had a gross, sticky residue on them the next morning. They weren't particularily soft or moisturized, just sticky.
I bought this because I love the smell of coconut and I like other Burt's Bees products, but this is terrible and it went right back to the store. I bought the Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion instead and I like it alot

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

I love me some coconut and this product smells so yummy!! Interesting to note that you can actually eat any of the Burt's Bees products because they are natural, but I think I'll still pass. ;-) This is a thick, almost jelly like cream that is wonderously moisturizing for dry cracked heels. I love nothing more than to slather this on at night, don a pair of socks and then wake up to great smelling and super soft feet. Make sure to do a good washing the next morning before putting shoes on because even after a night, not everything sinks in. If you don't, let me warn you - your shoes will be slippery. Even thought this is called Coconut Foot Cream, there are actually two dominant smells: coconut and peppermint. The coconut oil is super moisturizing and healthy for your skin and the peppermint oil is relaxing to the senses and helps recharge your skin. A tube of this is around $8 and can be purchased at Whole Foods, Longs/CVS and Target. It lasts forever and ever, but even if it didn't, this would still be a great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this creme about a year ago and found it extremely hard to spread on. Even though it worked, I just found the texture to be a bit much so I stopped using it after maybe 3 tries. Recently I read that glycerin can be mixed with water. Since this has a heavy glycerin content I decided to try mixing it with water and tried it last night. I squeezed some product in my hand and then added a couple of drops of water and it worked perfectly. Went on with no problems. I also am not thrilled about the smell of the creme. It has a slight coconutty smell but also a stale water smell. I had to wash it off of my hands quick because the smell really bothered me. I'll continue to use it on my feet since it does make them nice and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by illekkelli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, I must say that I just recently ran out of my old tube of this (the one that was more like a tooth paste tube than the new packaging which is plastic and easier to squeeze). It is greasy and a little like Vaseline, but it really works. My husband mainly uses it and his feet are very dry and or itchy. He loves it. When I bought the new tube in the new packaging, I noticed that the smell is slightly different. It still smells strongly like coconut, but there is an "after-smell" that smells like dirty dish rags (for lack of a better description). I don't know what they did to change it, it's very mild, but it still bothers me. My husband isn't as picky as me. Either way, I will still repurchase because it works, my husband loves it, and I put socks on after and before bed, so the stickiness doesn't bother me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by celymoon

I'm not a fan of this stuff. It's very oily, sticky, and takes forever to absorb. The scent reminds of tanning lotion mixed with bengay. I bought it after I tried the peppermint foot lotion (which I loved) and couldn't find it at Target. I will admit that it does leave my feet soft, but that's after a few hours of having this stuff absorb. I would pass on this stuff and go for BB's Totally Theraputic Foot Creme -- it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by underether

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, I love the smell and I find it thick but not unpleasantly greasy. I have only been using it for a few weeks but it seems to working quite well so far.