September 2, 2014 | 1869 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutly horrible. Please do not use this product, trust the reviews on here!! This product left my hair feeling more dry then it did to begin with. I started washing my hair everyday because it says it lasts for 7 days and I'm in the process of trying to get it over with! I really wish I had read these reviews and saved myself the aggravation. Like I said my hair feels more dry and also feels like there is some kind of sticky residue left in my hair that just makes it extremely easy to tangle.
I would never recommend this to a family member or friend

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Obviously, the only positive reviews for this are by Garnier employees...shame on Garnier!!!!!!!! The good reviews are by people who joined up for one day, stayed on for one minute and never came back. So VERY SHAMEFULL GARNIER!!!!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by KeshieShimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am responding to this review:
"sgml on 8/16/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by sgml

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been relaxing my wild hair for 20 years and I've tried everything in my quest for frizz-free hair. This product worked very well - left my hair soft and smooth to the touch and dried very quickly. I use Phyto to relax my hair every 6-8 months and I can use this as a great way to retouch for very little $$."

It is funny that you would try to use it on relaxed hair when the instructions clearly say this: Do not use on relaxed hair. Touch up or not you will overlap your hair. I am calling this a Garnier employee write up!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cbredenbeck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Re: DON'T DO IT! Update 7/29/11: Nine months after using this hair-destroying product and I almost -- ALMOST -- have a normal head of hair again, although much shorter than I would like. The ends are still breaking off from what's left of the damage, but the hair on top has grown out -- people can plainly see and point out the "line of demarcation" between the product-caused damage and new growth. On top: Shiny and dark auburn brown. The ends: Dull orange and the consistency of cotton candy. Do NOT USE THIS PRODUCT, and please ignore all the shills for Garnier who are posting here -- they only want your money; they don't care about your hair!

DON'T DO IT! You'll ruin your hair!!! It pulled all the color from my dark brunette-dyed-auburn hair, turned it to the consistency of insulation, and utterly removed any shine or body. It's been two months and it's finally -- FINALLY -- growing out a little, and I had to cut my bangs so short it looked ridiculous! But I had to do something, because the hair was breaking off two inches from the scalp! Don't do it -- you'll regret it. Twelve bucks, ten minutes -- and six or more months of ruined hair as you wait for the damage to grow out. SHAME on Garnier -- I will never buy a Garnier product again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kelleym27

Thank God I came here and checked the reviews before applying this to my long, wavy, beautifully highlighted hair. I would be distraught if my hair was damaged like almst everyone that reviewed. And the few 5 lippy ratings are suspicious indeed! Thank you to all of you who wrote honest review and saved my hair, I am forever in debt to you all.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by BrittanyHildabrant

This is the worse product I have ever purchased for my hair! This product is suppose to smooth hair not fire it! Before I used this product my hair was decent, it had frizz but I could deal with it, now I have more split ends than I ever have before. I had to cut two inches off my hair and I still have damage to my hair. If you are smart you will not waste 12 dollars on this horrible horrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by crinaldi

3 months after using this disgusting excuse for a product and my hair is still a mess. Broken, hay-like, brittle and just plain awful. I have tried everything from deep conditioners, coconut oil, protein reconstructors and nothing has helped. To be frank, it should have all been cut off and re-grown. I cannot believe this product has not been taken off the shelf yet. It literally has ruined my hair, which was smooth, soft and healthy prior to making the worst mistake of my hair life. Do not use!!!!!!!!!
UPDATED: hair still awful cap of hay. this stuff has completely fried my hair to the point of no repair. Going to get it cut off and start anew. BUYER BEWARE: if you want fried hair that is damaged brittle and overall a dry mess, knock yourself out and buy this sh*t product!!!
UPDATE: Finally after an ENTIRE YEAR later, my hair has grown back and all the damage left from this horror product is gone. It literally took that long to fix the damage. I am shocked this product is still on the shelves.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrid stuff that needs to be taken off the store shelves immediately!!! Totally ruined my hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by CandiceRK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I signed up for makeupalley today just to leave this review. Please please do not use this product. My hair was fairly wavy and a little frizzy. With blow drying and straightening it was beautiful and soft. Now it is a brittle yucky rats nest type mess! I am so upset :( I read the other reviews too late..what do we do now?!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by anfranklin2

I dye my hair from a darkish brown to a deep auburn, and love my color. i also have lots of frizz and lots of waves, it takes forever to blow dry and straighten my hair. This seemed like a perfect fix!
AND it's not! It completely drained my color, and its just really really rough hair now. it's a little more shiny than usual, but it's nothing better than when i actually blow dry and straighten my hair with Premeir Edit serum and Herbal Essence straightening spray.
I will NEVER use this again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No