July 22, 2014 | 1273 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Omega

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by belladonnawildheart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Omega is a great greyish purple taupe shade. The finish is smooth and matte. I used this with Shroom all over the lid and I lightly sweep Omega in my crease with a 217. Can look bruised on my skin if I dont use a light hand. For ref. NW20 and 20 in MUFE F&B

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great color, I'm NC 15-20 and I use this as a lid color or crease color depending on the look I'm doin. When browsing on the MAC website looking at shadows I'm always drawn to this color, then I realize I have it. I team this up with either painterly paint pot or the untitled paint as a base then use copperplate in the outer V and brule or bisque to blend and highlight. As I do with any eyeshadow though I reccommend googling swatches of the MAC eye shadows or checking them out it the store. Sometimes the website doensn't do the color justice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great eyeshadow and also multifunctional. I use it in the crease which is lovely as I am blonde with fair skin. Also this is great for my eyebrow! Love it! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a perfect crease base for me and my NC20-25 skin. It's really foolproof. Will always have this in my kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What took me so long to find this?

Omega looks soo boring, at first glance, but it's the perfect perfect perfect matte light beige taupe. At least to my eyes, Omega is very sliightly on the cool side of absolute neutral, but that's fine for me. If you're familiar with Stila Kamet, consider Omega's color a slightly more brown version of that shade.
If you, like I, crave understated neutral shadows to play up your eye color, you NEED Omega. I did havea bit of trouble getting enough color at first, but I find that if I lightly "rough up" the surface of my Omega with tweezers, it somehow "unlocks" the pigment.

This is a DEFINITE repurchase! In fact, I'm tempted to hoard Omega, but I could probably find a similar shade in a line such as Bobbi Brown, if necessary.
I know we just met, Omega, but I love you, and I'm ready to commit! ;)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! Think I found a replacement for Jane's Eye-Zing in Rock Star. Great basic light taupe color. Good saturation of color. Unlike Rock Star, I don't have to even use a primer to get good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was recommended to me as a brow filler at the MAC counter. I have very full brows and because they have a nice shape, it never occurred to me to use powder on them. I am so glad I listened though! It helps making me look more put together. I use an EcoTools angled eyeliner brush to apply it and it looks great. It looks very natural.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by pinktearose726

Well I had written a review on this one before saying I wouldn't repurchase because my skin tone changes by getting lighter in the winter. I'm a NW20 and pretty much don't like how my skin looks period in the winter, I feel I look pale no matter what I do, and bronzers just make me feel like an oopma loompa. I tried Omega again now and just applied it a bit lighter than what I do in the summer, when my skin looks alive once again, and it gives me a luminous natural daytime look for my eyes. It is the kind of taupe, skin gray tone that you see actresses on television wear. I like to use Groundwork paintpot as a base and use Omega all over the lid and the crease, with a lighter color like brule or bisque as a top color.
Edit- I must admit I did tire again of this color, but I found coquette to achieve the look I was going for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kimmerz4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying many things for my eyebrows, I was recommended this my a MAC artist. Been in love ever since. I've never really used it for it's purpose as an eyeshadow, but for eyebrows its works wonders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Recommended for my brows by an SA. Okay match for me (my eyebrows are like a light to medium brown that is cool-toned.) MAC calls it "muted beige-taupe." It's quite light compared to that description, though. Finish is matte, which is a pro to me, especially for brows. Good amount of pigment, as usual from MAC's shadows.

CONS: Being a N15, leaning to NC, this would be too cool for my lids for shadow. Mattes are not my favorite finish by MAC; they're generally a bit harder to blend. This is just a tiny bit too warm for me.

ALTERNATES: If you can wear this, you may like "Kid," which is very similar to this, but a tiny bit warmer (still cool) and just slightly darker. The only 2 things I've found that are cool enough for my ash brows are YSL's brow pencil that is a true taupe (slightly cooler than this) and Elf's wax/powder combo they have in "ash" (or even "medium.").

****The color on the lid in the first pic. looks a little warm compared to what it looks like on my lid.****