MAC Matte - Omega

4.6

This is probably the most versatile eyeshadow I own!
I initially bought it as a contour colour for my very fair skin, and now use it to fill in my eyebrows (works so perfectly!) and as a regular eyeshadow. It's so perfect, I'm no doubt going to hit pan on this multiple times.

on 5/10/2011 3:47:00 PM

looks amazing to fill in eye brows for those with light ashy brows. i love this color.

on 4/12/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, and it's turning out to be the color I use when I just want to slap something on and get out the door. It requires very little blending and gives my eyes a little oomph without a lot of work. I've been using it as a lid color, but after reading other reviews, I'm going to try it in the crease. With Omega on my lids and brown/taupe liner (WNW Taupe pencil), I'm good to go. I've hit the pan on very few products in my life, but I can see it happening with Omega.

on 4/4/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The is a mighty fine light gray-brown eyeshadow. And silly me, I'd put off buying it for a long time since it looked sort of blah in real life and online. But I finally succumbed due to Mac's ever helpful free shipping offers-which frequently draw me in like a siren dooms sailors to the rocks- and it turns out to be a brilliant neutral crease color for my light, peachy redhead's skin. Oddly enough, it's a better mlbb crease color than my warmer light brown crease shades (soft brown, bamboo, kid) due to the cool tones contrasting against my skin better. And it's better for my nc20 skin than copperplate since omega is a much lighter, cool brown as opposed to copperplate's dark, almost true gray tone. And there's the extra bonus pleasure that Omega can be used as a brow shadow should I want slightly darker, more dramatic brows. Very nice, indeed.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Omega is a great greyish purple taupe shade. The finish is smooth and matte. I used this with Shroom all over the lid and I lightly sweep Omega in my crease with a 217. Can look bruised on my skin if I dont use a light hand. For ref. NW20 and 20 in MUFE F&B

on 4/2/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great color, I'm NC 15-20 and I use this as a lid color or crease color depending on the look I'm doin. When browsing on the MAC website looking at shadows I'm always drawn to this color, then I realize I have it. I team this up with either painterly paint pot or the untitled paint as a base then use copperplate in the outer V and brule or bisque to blend and highlight. As I do with any eyeshadow though I reccommend googling swatches of the MAC eye shadows or checking them out it the store. Sometimes the website doensn't do the color justice.

on 4/2/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great eyeshadow and also multifunctional. I use it in the crease which is lovely as I am blonde with fair skin. Also this is great for my eyebrow! Love it! I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/29/2011 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect crease base for me and my NC20-25 skin. It's really foolproof. Will always have this in my kit.

on 3/21/2011 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

What took me so long to find this?

Omega looks soo boring, at first glance, but it's the perfect perfect perfect matte light beige taupe. At least to my eyes, Omega is very sliightly on the cool side of absolute neutral, but that's fine for me. If you're familiar with Stila Kamet, consider Omega's color a slightly more brown version of that shade.
If you, like I, crave understated neutral shadows to play up your eye color, you NEED Omega. I did havea bit of trouble getting enough color at first, but I find that if I lightly "rough up" the surface of my Omega with tweezers, it somehow "unlocks" the pigment.

This is a DEFINITE repurchase! In fact, I'm tempted to hoard Omega, but I could probably find a similar shade in a line such as Bobbi Brown, if necessary.
I know we just met, Omega, but I love you, and I'm ready to commit! ;)

continued >>

on 3/19/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! Think I found a replacement for Jane's Eye-Zing in Rock Star. Great basic light taupe color. Good saturation of color. Unlike Rock Star, I don't have to even use a primer to get good coverage.

Top Rated MAC Products