September 21, 2014 | 1926 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This would be an excellent product if it weren't for the cheap & cheesy applicator wand. Instead of the fibrous brush you usually get in your mascara and/or lash primer, Dior gives you one made of white plastic- bristles and all. I suppose the idea is that the all-white brush is meant to be chic. Okay, Dior. After one or two months of continuous use, when I pull the wand out of the tube about 50% of the bristles lay flat against the wand and will not stand up again. And I'm not going to use my fingers to correct the problem, no matter how clean my hands are. And I shouldn't have to. With half the bristles flattened out in a crazy random pattern, it is difficult to apply the product evenly to say the least.
This is very frustrating because if not for the lousy applicator, this would probably be an HG product. I can see why it has so many positive reviews because the primer itself is actually quite good. Lash primer is a staple item for me, and I can tell you this one does the job better than most. But once the brush goes all wonky it's just gunk in a tube. For this price, the product should be so much better than this. No I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this primer works. it does what its suppose to do, to amplify my mascara results. it makes any of my mascaras turn my lashes into longer and thicker lashes. good stuff. would only repurchase if i cant find a better primer, the price is very steep. ive tried the l'oreal double extend tubes one and although it works, that one is a bit clumpy and drier. i only use this on special occasions, not daily for work. good stuff, had for a while and it has stayed moist in the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does not work. I have used this for the past six months and my eyelashes are not any longer. I have found myself not using this as a primer for mascara, infact I dont think I have used it at all this month...This does not add any volume it simply clumps the lashes together. Waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Laur0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot wear mascara without putting this product on first. It work sooo well! It should be in everyones makeup bag. The trick is to put your mascara overtop before it gets to dry...but you don't want to put it over top when the primer is to wet. It has to be "tacky". If it is clumping to much than you are not using a very good mascara over top.
Over time I did notice my lashes became much longer and thicker. I pay more for this product than buy less expensive mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Josefa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is most definitely my holy grail of lash thickening primer products. I decided to purchase this as I was not really happy with either Lancome's or Trish McEvoy's versions of lash thickeners. The overwhelming positive reviews on this site convinced me to make the purchase, and I am not disappointed. I apply this to my sparse thin lashes right out of the tube. In the time that it takes me to place the applicator back in the tube, I then apply mascara (CoverGirl Lash Blast) over it. I do one lash at a time. This product gives me super long, thick lashes with no irritation. There is no interference with the longevity of wear for my mascara either. This is a super effective product; one that I hope will not be discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jasminejones2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was sooo excited to finally save enough money and buy this product!...the first time i used it, i was so in love with it! but now im having second thougths... i dont think it really works like its supposed to after the first application...now im starting to think my lashes look better without the primer....ORRR maybe im just doing it wrong! i dont know what the problem is..i hope its me and not the primer because i would hate for it to stop working and i paid over $30 for it....the packing is very very veryyyy nice! i love it and it last for a very long time! the brush is a little wierd, but i can deal with it. I dont really like that the product doesnt really dry clear as it claims..and i have to put so much primer on my lashes to get the dramatic look that i love. Overall, i am going to say that this product is amazing..but only because i paid over $30 for it.maybe im just using it wrong.i dont knowwwwww

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this doesn't work well for me for some reason despite it's great reviews. I find it just makes my other mascaras look more clumpy (in a way my lashes do look thicker, but also clumped). Tried using it nightly for it's supposed conditioning/plumping benefits, and have noticed no difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by nena923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only gone through one tube of this, but this stuff is truly amazing I love it so much and I look forward to buying it again. My lashes really looked like fake lashes and so pretty. So if you just want bam lashes I would definitly recomend this primer it is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Yes , this is a very very good product. It works, plain and simple. The wand is very effective and the effect on lashes after mascara is truly lovely. Get some.
I have realized that primer is everything - primer for lashes, skin etc - they work .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by x0xAmanda

I've gone through over 7 tubes of this and I'm still buying! It's crazy expensive but definitely helps my overall eye look--I look like I'm wearing falsies, with ANY mascara! I put on a few coats of this (4 or 5) and then I immediately put the mascara on. It doesn't leave my lashes looking gray like some other lash primers and it keeps them big and conditioned. I love it!