October 21, 2014 | 800 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by plumsandmaroons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have sensitive,acne-prone skin. my acne was usually in the form of stubborn comedones-on my cheeks-, i barely had big break outs,-usually once in two month, in my period- , i used some medication before - not as drugs, just creams-it was going ok for a while and then going back to its stubborn version again.

so i went to pharmacy and had a skin checked, the man said i have intensity under my skin and it need to be come out,and it can be worse for a while, he said 3 to 4 weeks, and i just accept this and started to use this.

i am using effaclar duo europe version with avene cleanance gel, and avene thermal water.i had no major break-outs before i start.i m on the 10th day, so this review will be updated until i get good results of it.

first week
-a little bit dryness on the cheeks
-a HUGE break-out on my cheek, came out of nowhere,it doesnt heal, it s just drying and becoming a scab, seems like it wont go for a long time.
-little zits come out, i can feel the skin is pouring out.
-redness..
-after the 4th day, skin starts to get smooth, and pores are getting tighter visibly

second week
-pores are almost invisible
-soooo many new break outs, and not only in the cheek area, EVERYWHERE!

- i had to stop using it daily cause it was hurting my face and making it really sensitive, so i stop using it for about 1 week or so, and then only used it when i feel my skin really needs it. it does the same thing (makes the acne come out ) and it heals, and i stop using it until i need it again. Now i am using it 1-2 times a week. If i make it 3 my skin starts to hurt. It is not -a so gentle- treatment, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this treatment paired with the cleansing gel so obviously I use them together... twice a day... I could not be more satisfied with the results... I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. Breakouts twice a month are the norm. This treatment duo cleared my skin in a month. Back in the days I could only archive such performance by staying on a gluten free diet. I used to say that no matter how high-end your skin care products are they won't make half the difference a right diet would. Well here's an exception.

A little bit about the product's look and feel. Both the treatment and the gel cleanser have a very pleasant smell... I'd say it's something of jasmine and lime blend. More lime than jasmine but not overpowering at all. Quite unexpected from an pharmaceutic product, they usually smell terrible. The cleanser cleans very well but makes very little lather.. . if it was more lathering I would have bought two and use one as a body wash as I have back acne too. The treatment comes in clever packaging - I don't have to worry about squeezing too much, it also has a mattifying effect but is a tiny bit drying so I still have to use moisturiser on cheeks.

The bottom line: This skincare answers all my calls: effective, good smell, non-irritating, good packaging. My favourite form all the french pharmacie brands.

PS: Please bear in mind that I am an European customer. It is a major factor to consider. I buy all the french brands from pharmacies in Eastern Europe where I live and they are identical to those in France... I once tried buying the same products in USA and they were very different from what I expected. Different smell and different ingredients (!) listed on the package.. Sad but true. Maybe we could photograph the packaging (showing the ingredients list) and post it here on MUA so we can compare. I was researching this matter and apparently a lot of french pharmacy brands have these variations going on...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Biggest thumbs up. I've been usin this product for about 2 months and It has done so much for my face. The price I think is a bit expensive for 40ml... I am almost out. It's cleared most of my breakouts too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by AngieTheCosmeticManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I was so hyped to use this product after reading the reviews. I tried the cleansing gel wash which feels nice and smooth when wet on the skin but leaves it dry. The moisturizer gives me a "bad tingle" like I have scratches on my skin. my mom felt the same thing however this product is a life saver for my sister. I have used the product for close to 2weeks now and all I have is dry skin worse than before. I think this product is either an epic fail or a life saver... you will never know until you try.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by karaduquette

DONT BUY THIS. Woke up with red blotchy rashes all over my face. So mad. This stuff is poison.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Hannah1809

I have heard rave reviews about this product so i thought i'd give it a try - I have combination skin which can sometimes be prone to minor pimples. Worst decision ever!!! This product gave me a rash all over my face after only two days of use. It hasn't given me any more pimples however i now have very itchy tiny bumps all over my entire face. I must be allergic to one of the chemicals in the product. So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Parichella

Hi, I started using this 1.5 weeks ago and my skin looks terrible. Is this the purging phase. I went to shoppers and the lady who sold the stuff to me said it was def the purging phase and to continue. I saw her yesterday. Can someone please help me! I have a bunch of pimples and bumps on my face right now and I've never experienced this before. Please help if anyone knows what's going on.. Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was prescribed this by my dermatologist for my sensitized, clogged up and broken out skin. I've been using it for about a month now and I have about half the tube left over. I use it after the Effaclar gel cleanser, applying it all over my face, not just on spots. It claims to unclog pores, which I haven't noticed that much, but it definitely does NOT clog me up more, irritate or break me out. It has been effective, but don't expect overnight results. Give it at least a week. The La Roche products for acne-prone skin, I've noticed, are about gentle, consistent care for sensitive skin, and definitely work. The only downside to this is the slightly steep price at about 12 pounds and the painful burning if it comes in contact with an open wound or scratched up pimple on your face. It does burn a lot, but only has a positive effect even on those pimples/wounds. Definitely recommend this, and will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by NicoleLov3ly

Love this! It is amazing. I live in Minnesota, US, and my skin is horrible, the weather changes, stress and I have had cystic acne. I thought I would always have acne on my face. This was a game changer! I got this as a gratis item from the La Roche Posay training I had attended and immediately wanted to try it! After using twice a day for two days my skin was immediately different. My pores were smaller, blemishes significantly smaller and I was getting great compliments from friends and family! It does have micronized benzoyl perioxide and micro LHA which is more effective than Salicylic Acid. However IT IS NOT A SPOT TREATMENT, during training I was told by the vendor that you apply a very THIN layer to all over the face. Make sure you are using a great moisturizer because it can be drying. I follow up with my LRP Anthelios sunscreen during the day and at night I use Tarte Maracuja Oil.. You can purchase this at select Target stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I hade a huge acne attack on my chin and after reading the reviews here I bought this cream and used it morning and evening. After two days my attack was almost gone!! Wow! It works on me. And now I have been using this everyday for three weeks and I'm still satisfied.