November 24, 2014 | 2026 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just another boring color from Mac.Everybody swears by cork and put it in their fave lists. So i decided to get it. I bought it with Era thinking i can use them everyday without looking overdone. But i was wrong. Era is too light, it disappears on my lids and cork gave me dirty, ashy look (I'm NW20 by the way) . Nothing special just boring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Cork to accentuate the crease and deepen existing colors there. It works wonders in a neutral daytime look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by NicoleBattaglia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first mac eyeshadow that I ever bought. It is the perfect crease color. On my lid I use a champagne pink color, then cork in the crease. However, on some skintones, it is probably very sheer. I have always heard that this color is good for contouring your cheekbones. If I ever hit pan and run out of this color, I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lcharles9808

I also use this eyeshadow as an eyebrow filler. It stays on better than an eyeliner and does not smudge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Everyone raves about this being an awesome eyeshadow but I can't sing its praises enough as an eyebrow filler. It matches my red hair perfectly and complements my complexion so nicely. If you have dark strawberry blonde hair or light auburn, or any red hint in your hair, consider this eyeshadow for your eyebrow needs. If they ever discontinued this, I can honestly say I would buy at least 10 of them because it's perfect for me and I've been through probably 3 already. Considering the other reviews about this as an eyeshadow, it's clearly an awesome shade for more than one need - highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my 2nd Mac e/s ever (after Satin Taupe) and my favorite ever since. I use it almost every day, either on the lids (with Espresso in the crease) or in the crease with pale, pink, or coral colors on the lid. It's also excellent with Shale. I would describe this product as "bronzer for the eyes". It has the exact same red/brown tone as most bronzer and really helps my NC20 skin look alive, especially when I'm having a pale day (or month). Shadow is soft, easy to apply with fingers or brush. Not very long lasting so use a primer.

If you're looking for shades to work with the red tones in Cork, I (or rather MAC live chat) suggest:
lighter: Expensive Pink, Naked Lunch, All That Glitter's, Arena or Motif
darker: Espresso or Embark

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

I actually use Cork for my eyebrows. I am NC25 and its a perfect brow filler shade for brown hair. As others have said, this shade works well as a crease color for blending an everyday look and fading and smoking out darker e/s. I have been using it for years and havent left its side yet..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by theodoradb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to crease colour for day time looks, coz it's not too dark and it's not too light for my skin tone, it's just perfect. (NC 30-35 for reference) I like layering this over soba sometimes for more depth in my crease. It can also be used to fill in brows and although I've only had this colour for a few months it's already dented coz I use it so much. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this as a all over lid colour and espresso in the crease for a every day work look. Easy to apply and a lovely colour , easy to pair with a wide range of colours too. It has a nice sheen to it for those who don't like to much sparkle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kimchichick

Packed on, it's a neutral, medium brown -
When blended out, it turns into a slightly reddish muddy color.

UPDATE: I love this for contouring my cheeks - since the face is naturally more red than the eyelids, Cork works as a completely non-reddish color for the cheeks.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No