April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by tmill

This is a great liquid liner. It stays on all day, no flaking or smudging. I like that it doesn't goop on my lashes when I apply it like other liquid liners do. It's a very dark, inky, bold black.

This is a very easy liner to use for the cat eye look because the tip is so fine you can draw extremely thin, precise lines.

I like that I don't feel like I need to struggle to get color out. I've tried a couple of other liquid liner pens (Jordana, ELF, Revlon) and they seemed very dry. I couldn't get them to work very well. With Stila, the color was there the instant it touched my skin. I store mine upside down (point at the bottom) to make sure it doesn't dry out. I can't say I've had a problem with that, it's just paranoia. :)

I will say if you are a beginner with liquid liner, this is probably not the one to start with because the color appears so easily and is so bold. It can be unforgiving if you aren't used to using liquid liners.

The only strange thing I find with this liner is that when I start running out (seems a little dryer with application and the finely drawn lines require a little more time to achieve), it tends to stick to the metal part of my eyelash curler. I usually wait about 5-7 minutes after applying the liner before I curl my lashes, so it's not like I'm doing it before it has time to dry. When this happens, I just touch up the places where it came off and I'm good to go. I guess these are the 3 things (dryness, harder to get fine lines, sticks to eyelash curler) that let me know I've got about 2 weeks left before I need to buy a new one.

I wish the price point were better ($20), but in terms of a liquid liner, this is definitely my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I've tried this liquid liner in black and dark brown, and I can say that it is a great dupe for my HG liquid liner from Dolly Wink. I still prefer the Dolly Wink eyeliner because the tip of the applicator is a bit more precise than the Stila one, and the Dolly Wink one is a few dollars cheaper than Stila's liner depending on where you purchase it. However, the Stila liner is really great. It goes on smoothly, is highly pigmented, and lasts all day. The tip is quite precise, and can create either thin or thick lines.

Again, this liner has not replaced my Dolly Wink one, but it is easier to find in stores, and is a really good liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very very happy that I found this liquid eyeliner. It's incredibly black and inky, and I don't mind that it has a somewhat glossy finish. I swore off using liquid eyeliner for years due to my monolids but recently I've been wanting to experiment with winged eyeliner. The tip of this eyeliner is really thin and easy to control, and the formula dries just fast enough to avoid smudging if you blink immediately after application, but also not so quickly that you aren't able to fix any mistakes. It lasts pretty well throughout the day, although my eyes have a tendency to water so it probably doesn't last as long as it could. Definitely recommend this liquid eyeliner if you're looking to make the switch from gel or pencil liners!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by elliestorm

Holy grail!! I hate that its 20$ but the product itself is amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tatumparks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first felt tip liquid eyeliner I tried that wouldn't smudge or flake off throughout the day. It's a nice pigmented black and the applicator is pretty good, even if it's a little flimsy. I use the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner now and I like the tip on that one a lot more. This is a great liquid eyeliner though, it works well and stays on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by samanthasundloff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All the reviews are true... This is THE BEST. I've searched and searched for a liquid liner that doesn't budge when I get teary eye corners (happens all the time. Ugh) and this liner IS IT!!! I've tried every liner out there, this is HG status. Ps--this is the first review I've ever written on a product, but I just had to with this liner! That tells you how good it is!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tranevon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My holy grail liquid eyeliner! I have the problem of my eyes constantly tearing up ALL THE TIME, and this is the only eyeliner that doesn't budge at all no matter how much I tear up. It's super dark and black, which I love, and the felt tip is super easy to use, whether I wing out my liner or not. I use this every time I feel the need for top eyeliner & it's the best.

The only negative about this product is that you have the probability of getting a defected liner. I've dealt with two of them already when they're not pigmented at all and is slightly dry when new. No biggie, just exchange it for another one!

Other than that, it's a definite must try! I preferred gel over liquid once upon a time, but this liner changed that aspect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by s13n9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BUY THIS. Buy this now. If you're a beginner to cat eyes, BUY THIS. If you're a cat eye pro, BUY THIS. If you're buying a gift for someone who even remotely likes makeup, BUY THIS.

I've tried tons of drugstore liquid liners and all have failed me. Either by being runny, or in horrible packaging, but mostly they dry out before i can even finish my 2nd eye. Not cool. This Stila liner is none of those things.
It's a perfect size pen that has a satisfying click when it's closed. It has thee perfect felt tip that is not so hard you're scared you're going to need an eye patch, and not so soft that it requires hand control like that of David Copperfield. This one simple pen gives you everything from the thinnest more precise line to the thickest more exaggerated stroke. But most of all, this pen has cut my eyeliner time to mere seconds and i've even gotten to the point where i don't have to redo- or touchup with q-tip. It CAN happen, ladies.

This comes off soo easy with my Clinique Take The Day Off Balm or any remover. But it also stays in place aaalll stinking day! It's amazing. The first night I wore this I fell asleep in it and woke up with perfect cat eyeliner! I've been using this for a month every single day and there is no drying out in sight!

I know the $20 price tag up front feels steep, but it's worth it for the time you save in application and touchups. So seriously. BUY THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a little over 3 years now. My skin is generally very oily but now it's more of a combination/oily because of acne medication. With that said, my eyelids have always been very oily and pencil liners or eyeshadows would just run all over my crease.

I saw a lot of good reviews for this on various sites so I decided to give it a try and got one for around $20 at Sephora.
The first time I tried it, it glided right on, very smoothly and nice. The colour is also really nice and dark. The pen also gives me a lot of control since I like to draw my line very thin. I let it dry and when I blinked a few times, it didn't smudge on my crease at all!

It STAYS on for the whole day! I don't use eyeliner that much nowadays so I've had mine for well over a year now.
When I used to wear eyeliner for school every day, it lasted me around 6-8 months?
I don't remember but it lasts very long for me!

I don't use a primer before applying this btw! Once I tried to use a primer, I think it was the hourglass veil mineral primer, and for some reason, the eyeliner wouldn't stay put and smudged all over my crease.

It works very well even without the help of a mattifying primer but if you really need it, you can use it too!
I've repurchased this product almost 5 times now and recommended my friends to this eyeliner as well! It's my favourite eyeliner and the only one I'll use :)

One thing to watch out for is to care for it because I've purchased one before and for some reason, it dried out completely after 5 days :?! Not sure how but it only happened to me once. I don't have any problems with it drying up anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by DiniBlini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear eyeliner every single day. I wear it because it makes my eyes pop and especially since I wear glasses it defines my eyes. I recently bought this because I wanted Amazon free shipping and a seemingly random purchase has become one of the best beauty purchases I have ever made. The tip is nice and thin so you can really control the line you are drawing. It also retains its shape after using it multiple times. The finish is nice and dark but isn't glossy though so take note. It's basically fantastic EXCEPT it's pricey at USD20.