Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

After seeing a lot of positive reviews, I decided to give this a try. For the positive sides, this eyeliner tip is very precise and easy to draw on. However, it is a little pricky, but this is not too much of a concern.

The negative sides, this eyeliner doesn't stay on well. It doesn't smudge, but it just fades. When applied, it is a nice opaque line, but after it dries up, it fades to semi-opaque. After a few more hours, the inner corners disappear. I often have to use another brand of eyeliner to line it up on top of the Stila's one.

For the price, I don't think it deserves all 5 stars and there are better Japanese brands for eyeliners in the market with more intense color-staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a major disappointment for me despite the reviews.

invested in this for a friend's wedding but it did not stay all day. i have oily eyelids and the liner at the end of the eye just disappears and fades at the end of the day.

the brush was also quite hard and the colour payoff was not really good.

and its considered expensive and i expected it to work. but no.. no go for me ..

This is my first experience with a pen liquid liner and I've been hugely impressed by how easy it is. The tip is long and soft and gives the ability to create either a very fine line or to work it into something more dramatic.

I have this in Midnight and I love the dark inky blue. It lasts really well, but i haven't tested its waterproofness yet. It comes off easily with cleanser and I haven't had to scrub away at it with eye make up remover.

Like a lot of other Stila products I can see myself 'needing' more colours.......

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this after reading so many review but I think it honestly doesn't live up to everything it claims to do. I'm starting to think maybe I got a bad batch. I'm pretty great at applying eyeliner it was the first makeup product I started using many years back when I started wearing makeup. I have perfected gel liner, felt tip, and brush tip. But this pen is just too thick for my liking. I can't do a precise sharp thin line without coming out super thick. I have really mixed feelings about this eyeliner. The color is true black very dark. The finish is perfect because it's not that shiny or too matte. It's just the application I don't like. Also, I don't consider this waterproof at all!! I mean it does stay on and can last all day, but I can easily remove it with just a dry napkin and it will come off perfectly no smudge or nothing. Also during hot days my eyes tear a lot due to lasik surgery I've had years back and my eyes will look like a panda if My eyes get teary. So this is definitely NOT waterproof!! But the lasting power like any eyeliner it's there as long as you don't run your eyes or get water around your eyes. I will probably give this product another shot before I actually list this on my "trash products list" just because I do like how intense the pigmentation is and the finish, and although it's not waterproof it doesn't smudge or fade thought the day if you just leave it alone.

Overall, I am not happy with this liner. The application was good and easy. The color is pretty, I got blue color, but it faded after having it for a week. The color on the skin remained to be the same when first applied. I have oily eyelids and the liner would not stay on after two to four hours.
I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first eyeliner that has lasted through an event and even into the next day. It is a bit difficult to take off, must rub softly with an eye makeup remover, but that just means it's working like it should. I have oily skin/eyelids and the other pencil liners never last. They fade pretty quickly. I use those for quick outings where I wear minimal makeup. I save this one for a date night or party. I've tried lots of eyeliners, and this one has lasted the longest!!

My holy grail eyeliner I use every day and have in so many colours. Despite the price seeming a bit steep, I really believe it is so worth it! The black is such an intense black and the felt tip makes it a dream to apply. Definitely waterproof but when you're ready to take it off its easy. Love love love this eyeliner

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

$22 for an eyeliner might seem steep, but considering where mass market prices have been headed the last few years it really isn't.
This lives up to the claims; stays all day, yet doesn't require a jackhammer to take off. It is smudge proof, waterproof and basically idiot proof. The felt tip glides on easily and doesn't smudge even on hooded lids ( mine.) it is perfect for the cat eye; with minimal effort and a little flick at the end you can achieve a clean, retro wing.
I wear this in black- for years I avoided black, thinking it too harsh for my coloring ( fair, freckled, red hair) but it blends beautifully with my mascara and doesn't look garish ( I keep my eye makeup light and go with a red lip.)
If you find brush tip liquid eyeliner unwieldy give this a try for ease of use and smudge proof wear.

I bought my first stila eyeliner last April at a warehouse sale. It was on sale for $12,so I instantly bought because I heard great reviews about it. And I did not regret at all. It lasts ALL DAY to me. It is really easy to do an everyday eyeliner on my hooded asian eyes. The one downfall for this product is, overtime, the tip of the pen becomes really weird. Maybe it's because the product is running out..? Overall, I would re-purchase this product again because it's one of my favourite eyeliner pen.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After trying several drugstore liquid eyeliners, I've found this one to be my all-time favourite! It glides on so smoothly and precisely, and the colour is very intense, not to mention it's one of the few that have rarely smudged on my double eyelid crease, which keeps me coming back! Make sure to always shake the pen before using to keep it from drying out quickly.

Pros:
- sleek, practical design
- extremely fine tip (no feathering)
- very pigmented and long-lasting
- little to no smudging

Cons:
- not entirely waterproof
- bit pricey

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty