Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Liquid eyeliner scared me deeply! I had seen my friends use liquid and didnt like how it looked on them faded, flakey, and vague. I dont even remember why I chose this liner, as a beginner it was an expensive gamble. OMG! I loved it! It was super black, precise and lasting. It seriously is the perfect eyeliner I HIGHLY recommend this!!!

Background: I bought this in the colour Intense Black. I use it to draw a thin line on my upper lash line, often creating a wing at the outer corner. I have used it almost daily for around 7 months and it's only just starting to wear out.

PROS:
* Genuinely is an intense black colour. Unlike some other "black" eyeliners I've used, which come out as more of a dark grey.
* Easy to use. I find it's simple to create a thin, precise line with the felt tip.
* Long lasting. This product is waterproof and lasts 9+ hours on my eyes before it starts to fade.
* Reasonably priced. I paid AUD $20 on BeautyBay.

CONS:
* None?

I love this eyeliner! I have ordered another one and am eagerly anticipating its arrival :)

Note: I have oily lids but I use an eyeshadow primer (e.g. Too Faced Shadow Insurance) which also helps this eyeliner to last longer.

on 11/28/2014 12:04:00 PM

The mother of all liquid eyeliners! I have the intense black and it's everything you could want in a liquid eyeliner!

on 11/23/2014 10:48:00 PM

On my second tube. THANK YOU EYELINER GODS! This stuff is AHHHHMAZING. I have had all kinds of eyeliners, high end drug store etc etc. This stuff does not move. It stays on all day. Everyday. No smudging. Surprisingly though comes off easy in the shower. Haven't been in a pool or anything with it though. I'm pretty prone to black oily eyelids and this has been a lifesaver :-) definitely will not be disappointed.

on 11/22/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This liner is the besssst. I work 9-10 hours a day and it doesn't budge, and I have oily lids. It's super dark and the brush of the pen is awesome. Nothing bad to say at all!

on 11/22/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not great with liquid eyeliners, but this is worth the effort. Almost everything smudges on my oily eyelids, but this one definitely stays put all day and more. It's amazing. I'm not a fan of the price, but considering it actually works, I'd pay full price for it again.

on 11/18/2014 12:58:00 PM

I bought this a few months back (6 months maybe?) and was using it on the daily but then I stopped using it for a few months when I went on a pencil liner kick. I also wanted to see if it would dry out quickly or how the tip would last so I feel like I am now ready to report back.

I wasn't sure I'd like the tip at first because I tend to like brush tip applicators (i.e. Physicians Formula, Kat Von D) better because I can get precise and sharp lines. I was pleasantly surprised with this one because I can still achieve the same results with this tip. I did notice that after many months of use the tip is starting to wear down a little bit, but not all that much. I am still able to achieve sharp lines so I'm very pleased. It also hasn't dried out yet so I am very happy with that too. I found with the brush tip versions like the PF and KVD tended to develop a dried coat on the brush that I had to wipe off every now and again, so the fact that I don't have this type of maintenance to do on a felt tip brush is great.

The formula is very good. Its darker than the Physicians Formula and comparable to the Kat Von D. I don't need to draw over any lines to get it to full opacity. It goes on easy and smooth and dries quickly. I wears well all day. I don't experience much flaking or smudging or transferring. Normally, if my eyelids are particularly oily and its been a long day, you can see the product starts breaking down but its still not a big smudgy mess. My eyes have a tendency to smudge everything so for me this is a great product.

I would definitely recommend this product, and will be repurchasing! Its more expensive than any drugstore liner, but the ease of use and the longevity of the formula make it well worth its price.

on 11/16/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to liner. I am constantly cheating on this product with other liners but other ones ultimately prove to be inferior (Tarte, Givenchy, Benefit, D&G, Rimmel... just about every other liner on the market) and I always return to Stila.

In conjunction with UD's eyeshadow primer this truly lasts all day for me and I have extremely oily lids. After the 12-hour mark it begins to flake but I prefer that much more over raccoon-eye smudging.

I also LOVE the applicator on this... It's a felt-tip pen that is very controllable and forgiving. Other liners have an applicator that's either too thin or an annoying brush that makes it extremely difficult to create thin lines.

Will always repurchase.

on 11/13/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've tried a lot of different brands/types of eyeliners, and thus far this one is my favorite. Despite my many years of using eyeliner and often doing a kind of subtle cat-eye, I am far from expert at applying this. This applicator makes it a LOT easier. Not compeltely foolproof, I still have to take my time and keep some q-tips handy for when I inevitably mess it up a bit, but it helps a lot. The point is fine and it spreads evenly, easily, so I am able to get a nice, medium-sized line, fairly quickly. It is waterproof as it claims, and once it dries it kind of sets, so if you mess up wipe it off QUICK, or else you will probably need to remove it all with an eye makeup remover. The only real downside I can say for this is that it isn't the darkest black I've ever seen. It could be a bit darker, for my preference. But, all other things considered, still my go-to.

on 11/11/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Based on the reviews on here, I bought this and have been really pleased.

It's easy to apply and lasted all day - through a gym class and cycle ride home (with the wind making my eyes water).

Excellent

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches