BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 1/24/2015 1:03:00 AM

I read so many great reviews on this product and was super excited to try it. I loved the way it looked and felt on my skin the first hour or so but after that it made my face look greasy..I felt as if my makeup was sliding off of my face. So disappointed! I've been on the hunt for the perfect primer and this definitely was not it.

on 1/23/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know this is not marketed as an all over face primer, but that is how I use it.

I have oily skin. I'm always struggling to find a primer that doesn't make my skin even more oily. I don't expect perfection, nothing is perfect. I just want good results. I've tried all sorts of primers for oily skin but nothing seems to ever work.

After moisturizing my skin and applying my sunscreen (I let these each soak in) I apply this primer all over my skin and then my makeup. Works great and the best I've found so far.

I've used 2 tubes of this so far, and I rarely buy anything more than once.

I like the squeeze tube. You can dispense how much you need and get the last bit of it out.

It's a bit expensive. But what isn't at Sephora? I use this primer daily, a *good* pea size amount each time. I've had my current tube about 6 months and it's about 1/2 empty. Which surprises me actually. I thought I'd use it up a lot faster than I have.

Texture is nice. It's smooth and blends out easily. It doesn't seem as slippery as a regular face primer, so that may be what makes it work for me?

It lasts all day just fine. I've not noticed it moving around on my face at all.

on 1/23/2015 7:06:00 PM

This product is so good if you appreciate what it does. The amount it minimises pores is crazy leaving an airbrushed finish when you apply foundation over the top. Definitely worth it

on 1/23/2015 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didn't used to use primer before I purchased this, but now I understand why people do it. It gives a nice soft clear canvas for the foundation to set.

Packaging- I love the packaging and the name equally of the primer, it is fun and girly. It comes in a box which is nice and I believe it comes with instructions or tips. Though over time I found that the screw cap of mine sometimes got stuck which meant I used to half screw it on which would probably effect the product.

Feel/Wear-You only need to apply a tiny bit of the primer where ever you like on your face. So you don't run out as quick as you thought you would. The primer smooths your face over and makes it have a matte ish finish, which I like. I can't stand having a shiny face or nose. It doesn't feel heavy both before I apply foundation or after, when its sets it doesn't feel like I have any primer on at all, which is great because I hate feeling cakey, I am not sure how well it would deal with mineral foundation best to ask the Benefit ladies.

Price- The price of the primer in the UK is £24.50 which I am totally happy to pay as most primers are around this price, though it would help if the tube was a little bigger.

Overall I totally recommend the primer to both people who don't/ never have used a primer and those who have always used one. Honestly its a lovely product and I believe its Benefits top selling product.

Update- I have found another primer I like which is Too Faced Primed and Poreless which I prefer, it smooths away shine better, and I just generally think its better as the tube is bigger and its cheaper, buy 50p aha!. Though I still would purchase this again, I prefer these two primers over smashbox primers.

on 1/21/2015 12:00:00 PM

This stuff was so hyped up that I had to try it. I use the Too Faced pore stuff (cream in pink tube, too lazy to go look at name) every once in awhile. I figured this was pretty much the same since the consistency and color were exactly the same but gave it a go anyways. I was right. Both products don't do much when applied before makeup. They seem to do more when applied after routine and look awesome for about an hour tops. After that my makeup looks worse, more oily, foundation slides off more quickly, and no difference in appearance of pores whatsoever. Waste of money on both accounts. Still searching for a way to cover my massive pores for longer than 5 minutes.
By the way, I've watched tons of videos and read reviews which led me to try every application "trick" out there: patting it in, topping with powder.....all of it! Nothing changed.

on 1/21/2015 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have some large pores on my cheeks, nose and between the eyebrows, nothing too much though and I thought I'd give this a try.
It feels very smooth and nice on the skin, it does make the pores look smaller, the smell is good, the packaging is really cute BUT if I accidentally spread it a little bit on other areas or if I blend it too much (if it makes sense) it makes my skin look so dry, like I've been wandering in the desert for a month without water or sun protection.
The price is also too much for such a small tube.
I don't think I'd buy this again.

on 1/18/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have HUGE pores and this is a miracle. I was very sceptical of this going to break me out cause it's filling my pores but it didnt! (Because it's oil free) I paid $37 for the big tube and I'm not even half way through the bottle and have had it for 2 months! I've also spent $12 on the little bottle and it lasted me 3 months so I feel the big tube will last me quite some time! Highly recommend

on 1/17/2015 12:18:00 PM

Ive heard great things about this product, every youtuber seems to use it and benefit is a hyped up brand.
I picked up a free sample a few days ago and used it this morning. First impressions i was amazed. It made my skin so soft and looked great.
After applying my liquid foundation on top, along with powder to set, i had no problems.
It was only a couple of hours later that my skin became extremely oily and my makeup was so greasy. My face was shining, my makeup had gone so patchy and was literally rubbing off if you touched it.
I am so dissappointed because I've just had to spend the day at work with a greasy face and disgusting makeup. Would not buy again, cannot see the hype.

on 1/9/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually purchased the big tube, without trying out first, because they don't sell this in my country. Silly me. I have tested this in all seasons of the year, with all skin need (dry and oily) and with many foundations and creams. I just refused to give up on it. I always like to test by applying to one side of my face only. Well, side with this primer under the foundation:
-Has pores as visible as the other side when applied
-Has pores more visible than the other side 6 hours later
-I slightly more matte when applied
-Is oilier (!!!) than the other side a few hours later
-and therefore the foundation actually lasts for less time in the side with the primer.
When the foundation breaks down, it gets patchy and obvious.

So, what a mess... Indeed it feels wonderful when applied, and it really feels like it could do something for the pores. But it doesn't. Huge waste of money for me...

on 1/5/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product!

The packaging is cute but nothing to shout about but its nice. The price point also isn't great (£24.50 for 22ml) I find all benefit products over priced though to be honest.

This product is a creamy, silky cream like formula with a beige colour to it which smooths and blurs out the pores brilliantly. It lasts around 7 hours on my skin.

This is probably best for combination/oily skin as it keeps the skin matte but if you have dry skin and would want to use it, I can't see why not as its not drying at all (on me)

it has no smell to it that I can detect and it's gentle and doesn't irritate me!