September 20, 2014 | 1694 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer does an amazing job of concealing pores..... but that's about it. It doesn't work as a basic primer. It doesn't help my makeup go on better or keep it longer lasting. I am willing to spend more money on better products, but to me it isn't worth the extra money just for a primer. I've used other primers less than half the price that have worked way better (ex: the elf primer!) I love it for covering my pores and making them look less noticeable, but besides that nothing else. Isn't worth the money for me. But if your pores are your main concern, then this is the primer for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by tylerrrlauren

First thing is first, the packaging is cute which pulled me right in!
It smells really nice, has a silky feel and instantly mattifies your skin.
It makes a perfect base for any liquid/powder foundation and I found it actually makes my liquid foundation go on much smoother as opposed to without a primer at all.
You only need a small amount to cover ypur entire face, but for 30$ there isn't much product in the tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was out looking for a primer and did a lot of research in primers and still found this to be rated a no.1 HG primer for most people. So I decided to order mine off benefit.com along with some other products - FREE Shipping to australia for orders over 125$ btw.

Anyhow, this did what it's meant to do. It concealed my pores and instantly matti-fied my face. It has a silky matt finish, which is lovely to touch. I have oily skin so this really helped with the shine. It says you can also use it on top of foundation to set it - ONLY do this if you have use it under as well. Otherwise your make-up will slide off and become patchy :(
In terms of making my make-up last longer, it's about 60% effective...

Similar feel to Lancome's primer. The only down side is the size. It's rather small and I tend to use a little more for my large face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I thought this gave my skin the most beautiful airbrushed look...for about 20 minutes and then my skin looked normal again: enlarged pores, fine lines and acne scars. This has a soft velvet feeling and it "fills" lines and pores, making them virtually undetectable, even up close. However, the effect does not last long. This would be a great product to use right before taking pictures to blur imperfections. I don't recommend it as a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed. Make up feels cakey over this. Maybe I'm applying this all wrong but I don't get the hype .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Elisalovesmakeup

this product is great, makes your makeup stay on for longer. it also smoothes out your poors which is good, but this is a bit expecive for what it does, but i love it anyway

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to make this primer work but it didn't. Every time I applied it, it balled up badly. I tried tapping it on my skin; seemed to work for a minute, then it balled up when I applied my foundation! Once I realized I was going thru a lot of trouble just to apply the stuff without making it ball up into a mess I discarded it for good. I'm too busy, no time for that!
I like the brand in general, but some of the products... oh geez Benefit, you can do better than that!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 More reviews by jadyxo

I don't know what's wrong with my skin... But if I put this all over my face, I'll break out. If I put it on my tzone only, I usually won't react to it. But lately it's been breaking me out there too :C So sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I bought this in a sample size at the benefit counter at myer; it came with 3 samples; this, that gal primer and girl meets pearl.
i don't use this for my pores because i don't have any, i use this over my active pimples and acne because it seems to make them more 'flat'. by that i mean that they are huge and 3D like on my face, sticking out looking like a third eye, and when i put this it creates a flatter surface.
it works in my opinion (but for that purpose). my foundation doesn't slide off my face. foundation longevity isn't compromised. foundation colour isn't changed because of it.
no 'balling' of the product when i put my foundation on. does not disturb by moisturiser underneath (moisturiser i use is clinique acne solutions moisturiser)
powdery texture, velvety almost, smooth to spread over my face. very light lemony scent that leaves in a short amount of time. you only need a little bit to smooth over your face.
i have not broken out from this product and do not feel as if it clogs my pores. it is light in texture too. colour is beige.
squeeze tube with a small tiny hole for the product to come out of, very hygienic and can control the amount that comes out.
i would buy this again though i know it is expensive for the full sized bottle. to my knowledge it is between $50-$60AUD at myer. but the large tube would last quite some time because you only need a little amount.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by annabellsxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

didn't do much for my pores. did make my skin smooth for foundation. over priced for the quality.