September 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a miracle solution in a tube but it does work fairly well to a degree, I do not think there actually exists a primer that will remove evidence of pores completely and I have tried a fair few!

Iv'e had this one for quite some time and mainly just use on and around my nose, this product is best patted in for effectiveness, not rubbed on like a cream. A little does go a long way so even though the tube is by no means large it will last awhile. It has a lovely soft and smooth consistency (silicony) and makeup does glide on easily over top. It is good and does work to soften/blur the look of open pores but I don't find this extremely long wearing.

This is very comparable to Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm which I have and enjoy using too, it has a very similar consistency and feel, I'm not sure I would repurchase Porefessional as I don't use a primer every day and have a few others to try. I also have Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder which does a good job in lieu of a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bonnielouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this in UK Elle and was super excited to try it as i had heard great things about it. Was totally disappointed. If anything it seemed to make my makeup wear/slide off earlier than usual! Also broke out in tiny, very painful pimples around my t zone. This definitely doesn't work for oily skin, wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer does an amazing job of concealing pores..... but that's about it. It doesn't work as a basic primer. It doesn't help my makeup go on better or keep it longer lasting. I am willing to spend more money on better products, but to me it isn't worth the extra money just for a primer. I've used other primers less than half the price that have worked way better (ex: the elf primer!) I love it for covering my pores and making them look less noticeable, but besides that nothing else. Isn't worth the money for me. But if your pores are your main concern, then this is the primer for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by tylerrrlauren

First thing is first, the packaging is cute which pulled me right in!
It smells really nice, has a silky feel and instantly mattifies your skin.
It makes a perfect base for any liquid/powder foundation and I found it actually makes my liquid foundation go on much smoother as opposed to without a primer at all.
You only need a small amount to cover ypur entire face, but for 30$ there isn't much product in the tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was out looking for a primer and did a lot of research in primers and still found this to be rated a no.1 HG primer for most people. So I decided to order mine off benefit.com along with some other products - FREE Shipping to australia for orders over 125$ btw.

Anyhow, this did what it's meant to do. It concealed my pores and instantly matti-fied my face. It has a silky matt finish, which is lovely to touch. I have oily skin so this really helped with the shine. It says you can also use it on top of foundation to set it - ONLY do this if you have use it under as well. Otherwise your make-up will slide off and become patchy :(
In terms of making my make-up last longer, it's about 60% effective...

Similar feel to Lancome's primer. The only down side is the size. It's rather small and I tend to use a little more for my large face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I thought this gave my skin the most beautiful airbrushed look...for about 20 minutes and then my skin looked normal again: enlarged pores, fine lines and acne scars. This has a soft velvet feeling and it "fills" lines and pores, making them virtually undetectable, even up close. However, the effect does not last long. This would be a great product to use right before taking pictures to blur imperfections. I don't recommend it as a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed. Make up feels cakey over this. Maybe I'm applying this all wrong but I don't get the hype .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Elisalovesmakeup

this product is great, makes your makeup stay on for longer. it also smoothes out your poors which is good, but this is a bit expecive for what it does, but i love it anyway

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to make this primer work but it didn't. Every time I applied it, it balled up badly. I tried tapping it on my skin; seemed to work for a minute, then it balled up when I applied my foundation! Once I realized I was going thru a lot of trouble just to apply the stuff without making it ball up into a mess I discarded it for good. I'm too busy, no time for that!
I like the brand in general, but some of the products... oh geez Benefit, you can do better than that!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 More reviews by jadyxo

I don't know what's wrong with my skin... But if I put this all over my face, I'll break out. If I put it on my tzone only, I usually won't react to it. But lately it's been breaking me out there too :C So sad.