September 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipstain

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been wanting to try a lip stain since I FIRST laid eyes on them and I first had the revlon and cg one..THEN I came on this one which was 2 dollars cheaper (5.50) at walmart. So of course since I was buying I product I had never tried I went for the cheaper one. I bought this in blushing.First of all I compared what came out to the lid and look pretty much the same so I dont know if the others are different but this one is u get what u see. Which usually DOESNT happen with lip products. But unfortunatley with me mauve is the only thing besides a bubble gum pink color that looks good on me, but it has to be a CERTAIN color mauve. But the color didnt seem to dry my lips out and I always exfoliate with my green by nature banana shea lip scrub so I didnt have ne problems with it not being uniform. I did add some of my barry m 100 (which if ne one has it know just a little goes a long way in toning something because its soooo bubblegum pink and opaque) but that seem to do the trick for me. So if u ever buy something that u dont like the color usually (unless its way off) u can add something to make it work for u. But I would def buy again IN A DIFFERENT COLOR. Alos def is a buildable color, let it dry and add more, just like if u were painting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

its an okay lipstain but its not as wet like urban decay lip envy is its actually kind of drying.i have it in cherry pop but i suggest mosturizing before putting on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mariana84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product!!! I generally wear lip gloss and after an HR or so it wears off and Im too lazy to reapply. This product solves that problem. While it doesnt last all day. A few hrs at most, it's still way better than gloss and not sticky like a lip stick.best part, it doesnt leave a nasty mark on my bf's cheek. It's goes smooth and the color is build-able.
Here is my routine
1) exfoliate, I use my mia!
2)apply chapstick before foundation
3)apply this at the end of your makeup routine
Warning, this colors are darker than the cap,but it's a stain.... Not A gloss.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Inexpensive.

CONS: These are so much darker and more intense on the lips than the packaging or display implies. Completely different color on the lips.

ALTERNATES: Laura Mercier has a nice lip stain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

While these are okay, Revlon's are better.

This lasts for a few hours at most.Doesn't apply evenly and takes a lot to get it even. This dries out my lips and I thought I could apply chapstick to remedy that. I was wrong. My chapstick actually took some of the lip stain off hours after I applied the stain! I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Inexpensive.

ALTERNATES: Laura Mercier has a nice lip stain.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by svensaki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this stain in Feelin' Rosy. The color of the plastic tube is a clear light rose, but when I tried it on, it's a terrible bright opaque red!!! Good thing I have steady hands since once it's on like a magic marker pen, it's nearly a permanent stain that wouldn't come off completely with my make up remover cloth or vaseline or a tooth brush! Don't color outside your lip line or you'll be very sorry! I guess I will have to wait for it to wear off completely. I'm returning this to Walgreens, not at all what I expected from the translucent packaging. What you see is not what you'll get on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by mh_ccl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The price isn't bad, and I do like the marker-style application, but that's about where the positives end. Although the color I picked was nice, this lipstain has absolutely NO staying power. When I put it one, it was gone within an hour or so. By comparison, the Cover Girl lipstains stay on my lips for hours on end. Based on the horrible staying power, I will not repurchase the Maybelline lipstain.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kristiwashere

I have bought this in two colors - Wink of Pink, and Cranberry Crush. These definitely come across darker on the lips, which is fine by me :) Wink of Pink pulled more berry-tined, and Cranberry Crush was a nice dark red, definitely cranberry! I feel these have a great staying power - except when you're eating or drinking, but thats ok because I expect that from any lip product. Yes, these dry your lips out some, but i didn't expect anything else - it is a stain, not a gloss. I apply gloss over these, which I feel lessens the staying power (mostly because I tend to rub my lips together a lot) overall though, I want to try more of these! (Also, the price is great - $5.50 at Walmart, same as the CS lipsticks and glosses - I think thats a good value!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Walgreens yesterday when I went on a mini makeup binge (I also got another maybelline shinesensational lipgloss in peach sorbet, and a covergirl liquiline eyeliner in green glow, all 5 star products btw..) Walgreens had a BOGO 1/2 off on all maybelline lip products, so I picked up this lipstain (in Rosy , which is a neutral based pinkish red, very flattering for all seasons, and perfect if you want an "I just made out with my husband for an hour" color) for $7.49 and got the shinesensational gloss for 2 bucks, not a bad deal.

Now on to the review: This is my first lipstain so I wasn't super sure about application at first, but it comes in the convenient marker form so it wasn't too tricky. The first time I applied it, I ended up with a great lipstain, but also a ring of darker color on the inside of my lips, but after I applied it a second time WITHOUT smushing my lips together that didn't happen. The trick is to exfoliate your lips first, and then use chapstick about 5-10 minutes before hand (maybe when you first start doing your makeup in the AM), then wipe off all of the chapstick and shake the lipstain and apply it quickly. Be sure to let it dry for about 30 seconds to a minute before you add another layer or a gloss on top. Do not smush your lips together, and do not let the marker get to the inside of your lips, otherwise, it takes an oil based remover to remove the bright colored ring inside your lips.

The stain itself DOES last all day, and wears evenly if you have exfoliated lips, if you apply it properly, even through eating, drinking, and multiple chapstick applications througout the day. In fact, After my AM shower, yesterday's lipstain was still lightly there, since I hadn't removed it with oil based remover. *BE WARNED THOUGH* as with all true lip stains, you must exfoliate or else you will have red blotchy corpse lips, which are not attractive... Overall I am very impressed, and willing to try this in a few other shades as well. continued >>