April 18, 2014 | 1077 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Okay, we all know that there is a very real struggle called Asian short sparse straight lashes. Not to mention my eyes are so small that when I smile my mascara tends to smudge. That's why Lancome's Definicils was my HG for a very long time.

But let's admit it, over 20 bucks for a mascara? I had to find a DS alternative. I tried the rocket. It's very nice, but there are days where I reach for my definicils over it. Based on a friend's rec, I tried this out.

Spoon shaped wand: brilliant..I can reach all lashes, even the shortest one in the corner without taking out my eye.

Wet, buildable formula that's waterproof and very very black: what more do you want?? It also holds a curl so well and looks super dramatic, like a ghettofabulous Diorshow.

Doesn't transfer with wear: YES!

And the kicker? 5 whole bucks. Yes. I will repurchase. This is one DS mascara where the hype is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm asian with very short eyelashes with no curl and VERY oily lids, I use this every day and curl my lashes before I use it.
I really love this mascara a lot, the wand makes it very easy to get all my lashes very thoroughly from the base to the tip by switching up which sides of the wand I use,
it's not very thick but when it dries it goes very waxy and you can't do a second coat or else it'll clump. Just build it up lots while it is still wet, you will get amazing length, curl and which lasts a long time
The only downfall to this mascara is that due to my oily lids, even this waterproof mascara smudges onto my lower lash line which I can't stand the look of at all. I expect this with all waterproof mascaras though so I overlook this because the length and curl you get from this is just purely amazing, you definitely need a makeup remover to take this off but again it's a small sacrifice to me that I'm happy to make! (and I only use waterproof mascaras to I'm used to this)
I finally bought a different mascara that I'll try though after using this for a few years religiously because I know that some asian mascaras are notoriously water and smudge proof which is what I really really need but I recommend this to absolutely anyone who doesn't usually find smudging a problem

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade "blackest black"
This is a nice mascara! I was looking for one that would volumize and hold a curl. When I applied this, I was so surprised how long my lashes got!! I did notice they were slightly less curled at the end of the day, but it still did a good job, and it didn't smudge near as much as my maybelline full-n-soft
mascara. So overall, I would've like a little more volume, but it's still an amazing mascara!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lilo9802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara because I was almost out and needed some more. This mascara did not work for me at all. My lashes were extremely clumpy and terrible looking. I really wanted to like it, but that was not going to happen. I've had the mascara for a good 4 months and have used it maybe three times: when I first got it, about a week later, and today is was still as wet as when I got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by vampyvicki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG drugstore mascara. I absolutely love this! It makes my lashes look amazing. It thickens, volumizes and lengthens. Just one coat of this makes a difference but I love really dramatic lashes so I usually apply two coats. Because it's waterproof, it doesn't run or smear either so that's a huge plus. Haven't found any drugstore mascara that comes close to this so I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It's thickening and lengthening for my very sparse and short lashes. The blacks are very black.

CONS: This clumps up a tiny bit on the ends of the lash if you are not careful. Curved brush is a little clunky. Formula is a little too wet for me, but not bad if you are careful til it dries

ALTERNATES: I prefer the nonwaterproof version of this. It clumps less. I just cover it with Clarins Double Fix. For lots of volume and good length, Milani's Runway Lashes covered by Clarins Double Fix to waterproof it. And Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara stays on very well for nonwaterproof.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by VanessaluvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this stuff. I was wearing contacts and it transferred in my eye and....lets just say I have to open a new pair and throw those out. It's also IMPOSSIBLE to take off!!! I hate how it feels on my lashes .the only good thing about this is that it Holds a curl pretty well but it's not worth it. Save yourself a few bucks and skip this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by fresh1fierce1feminine

Great mascara :) It held my eyelashes curl very well, and also the waterproof helped it stay very well! The brush gives eyelashes a great boost of volume and length, without clumps too :) only issue I have ever had with it is that sometimes the formula is slightly watery and smudges, but one dry its fine! A tip I used if that happens, is before appyling I wiped off the excess on a brush with a tissue and went on fine! I will most likely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MissPandamonium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have very troublesome asian lashes. The type that are short, point straight down, barely there lashes.
This mascara does add volume, length and can hold my curl. Which is a miracle.
However, upon first application it tends to flake off into my eyes. Which is very irritating.
But once it has dried, it stays put all day and does not smudge or melt off of my oily lids.
It is a great mascara, though I can't say it is my HG mascara. I'm still on a never ending search for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

As much as I love the look and drama that this mascara gives my puny lashes (no clumping, great lengthening, curl hold, and volume), the biggest drawback is that it often ends up smudging and leaving small marks on my upper eyelids. Given that this is a waterproof mascara (and therefore takes extra effort to remove at night), this is a deal-breaker! The whole reason I would wear waterproof mascara is to get that extra long-lasting, non-smudging finish. Since this doesn't reliably do that, even though I love it otherwise, probably won't be re-purchasing. I do have oily skin (and eyelids), so that's probably why this is a problem for me. And I notice it more when I'm not wearing any eyeshadow.