Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

I repurchased this 3 times and will keep doing so. I have to keep rebuying because it dries out after about a year or so, but other than that it's perfect for all my liner needs. Just the right shade of dark brown (MAC dipdown was too light, too warm and too soft for me, and BB Espresso was too dark and too cool), perfect consistency, last all day, doesn't smudge and washes off easily. It's all I use for tightlining and it really makes my green eyes stand out. Tried fluidlines in various colors and LM bleumarine intended for this purpose (didn't work for me), and came back to this. For good I guess. I'm ok with the price because of the quality. I use LM flat eyeliner brush for tightlining and MAC 209 (pointed) and Paula Dorf angled brush for all other kinds of lining.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I feel torn about this liner. It has the usual great BB ink quality, and it's a gorgeous color for me--a dark, olive-tinged brown that really sets off my slightly warmer brown eyes beautifully. But it is so hard (for me) to apply because it's so dark and makes such a strong line--it's tough to make it work (for me) for an everyday look. I'm always putting it on and having to work off the edges with an eye makeup remover pen . . . . I'm going to keep it because it looks so great (also because I don't have much choice--I bought it at Bergdorf's) but will save it for special occasions and evening events.

I really like this liner but I wish that it didn't smudge. It looks very nice on. I can wear this if I add She Laq-Benefit over it, but if I wear this alone, it will smear :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite of BB's gel eyeliners. It's brown, and it never comes off. Until you take it off. Believe me. I train horses for a living, and I have been out in the 105 degree crazy ass weather we have had, sweating like you wouldn't believe. My hair has been a mess but my eyes look great! I use this with Maybelline Full and Soft Waterproof and at least my eyes don't look melted like the rest of me does.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The color is a soft brown, not too light, not too dark.
The texture is the most long wearing I have ever tested in my entire life. Waterproof, smudgeproof, sweatproof !! Besides, the product lasts for ever and has good preservation properties as the years go : I bought the BB Long Wear Gel Liner more than 3 years ago and the gel is still soft and useable.
An adapted brush applicator is indispensable to apply the product.
The only little defect : the packaging is not very handy ; it would be better if a brush applicator was provided with the product.
Although it is expensive, the price is not really a defect because it is a good investment : it is top-quality and it lasts for years.
Definitely a must have !! I also have it in black, graphite, ivy... and plan to buy more colors !! :-)

Great product! I like it a lot better than MAC fluidline dipdown. BB liner stays put better, and does not smudge a bit.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Similar to tingy, this is my first gel eyeliner and it is so good that I've ditched all but one of my pencils (can't bear to part with MAC's Buried Treasure). Broken record here, but this liner is a beautiful everyday brown. It applies easily and stays put all day. What more could you ask for? I can't believe it took me so long to try this. Will definitely be checking out BB's other colors!

This beautiful e/l gives a dense and smooth line and lasts most of the day. I used this for my wedding and it looked lovely in photos. It actually looks like a soft-toned black, but not as harsh as black - much more neutral. The tiny pot looks small, but there's actually loads of product! I love this - but I also like Clinique's Black Honey, which comes with a tiny brush that I find quite useful. I do prefer BB's to Stila's, which I bought in 'Gray' and was very dry - not as silky smooth as this one. Stila's dried up after about a year and I've thrown it away. I bought it round about the same time as BB's and used it a similar number of times, so Stila's shouldn't have been more exposed to air than BB's. I'll be repurchasing this one! I also have this in Violet Ink.

This was my first ever gel liner I am totally hooked on it now! I've totally ditched pencil liners ever since I tried this.

Sepia Ink is more natural than Black Ink, which looks quite harsh on me. I would really recommend this shade for every day use.

I am looking forward to buying other shades because this really has good staying power. Even though abit pricey compared to M.A.C, I think it is worth paying for such good product.

This stuff is awesome!! It goes on easily with the Bobbi Brown brush and doesn't smear. The color is gorgeous. I have green eyes and like the brown eyeliner shade. No matter how hard I try, pencil eyeliners smear on me. This one is just perfect.I love it!!!!