July 30, 2014 | 1960 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one product I regret buying.

First off, the balm to this breaks easily. It broke off when I was applying it. So that sucks.

Second, the lipstain itself dries out very quickly in the packaging. Plus it broke off too!

Color wise, I was satisfied. I forgot which one I got, but the color was great! I just wish it wasn't breakable. Maybe if the packaging changes, I'll give it a try again. But no. $10 gone to the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Angelique71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Twilight and really wish I hadn't. The colour seemed to sit unevenly along the centre of my lower lip, making my lips look dry and cracked - even with the balm. So my lower lip ended up looking darker than the top lip, it really looked as if I was wearing two different colours. Nice packaging and lovely colour, but it just isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Victorian when it was on sale at my local drug store. I like the idea of this product where they put lip stain and balm into one. Because lip stains usually dry lips out, the balm is suppose to help that problem.

The staying power is there for sure. I do not need to reapply during the day from 9-5 at work where I eat and drink. The color is a lovely pinky mauve so it really touches up on my natural lips. The stain dries out really fast and does not transfer to the surfaces where my lips touch.

The problem lies in the design of the product and somewhat in the formula. The balm cannot be twisted back so I am really careful when using it. The marker type of applicator can be tricky to use. I cannot apply it evenly and it is hard to tell how much product does the applicator deposit. The marker head also feels a bit dry out after a few uses. I hope it does not stop working.

The stain can easily settle into the lip lines if you do not have perfectly smooth and exfoliated lips. It also dries my lips during the day so I am forced to apply the balm every few hours. I tried to put one layer of lip balm first then the stain then the balm again. This seems to give me a better result in terms of dryness.

This is my first lip stain and I would like to try some other ones. I just think the product has much left to be desired. Unless I am really on the go, I probably would not repurchase this in the near future.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Review for Gothic.
A good idea in theory. No discernible taste or smell. The colour would look awesome if it wasn't so splotchy on my lips. No matter what, the colour on my upper lip was always lighter than that of the bottom one; reapplying seemed to do nothing. Any dry patches will turn out darker. The tip also dries out pretty quickly. A bit drying on the lips (the gloss doesn't stay on long), but that is kind of expected with lip stains. Glad that I got it cheaply in a Revlon gift box with a few other products and didn't pay full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by SweetCheeksCA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this lipstain in Gothic, and I love it! I'd like to try Flame next.
I tried out the NYC lip stain and did not like it at all. I love the Revlon Stain because it comes with a moisturizing balm at the opposite end of the stain. When I apply one coat of this to my lips, if they aren't moist, it really absorbs the color and does not dry my lips out like some stains I've tried. And it stays on for a good while. Sometimes I'll apply this before liner and lipstick, just for extra staying power when eatin', drinkin' and smoochin'. This is awesome to pair with a clear gloss because it won't transfer if you allow it to dry completely between coats and before applying the gloss. I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by cacleghorn

This is the best lipstain ever, period. This product should have a 5.0 rating.
Longwear is most important to me when choosing lip colors. The color stays very bright for 4-5+ hours, and takes 8-10 hours to fade totally. And when it fades, it fades evenly.
It's not very drying. (I wear it every day and my lips are normally dry, but still soft and never chapped.) It's easy to define corners with the pen. And do you know that moist inside of your lower lip that lipsticks can't cover? This lipstain naturally fades into that spot so that I can smile without a clear line between where the stain ends and the inside of my mouth begins.
I wear both flame and passion. Passion is a natural, dark pink and makes my lips look freshly bitten and licked; and flame is a great everyday red.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Victorian. The color, when applied with a light hand is beautiful! The staying power....not as impressive. It rubs off just as easily as a lipstick but seems to stay in my lip creases. It's not noticeable and it kind of looks like I just ate a sucker. Which isn't a bad look but for a product claiming to be a lip stain, it is a little misleading. It also seems to dry my lips out incredibly! Even with the balm on top, when it wears off, I find myself with really rough and dry lips just inside my lip line where I tend to apply it more liberally. I love the applicator, It makes lining the lips with a separate liner unnecessary. But I won't continue to use this because of the dryness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just Bitten Lipstain.
I have Passion and Frenzy. Both colors are beautiful. The smell is amazing. Staying power is great. However, the packaging is not very good. Frenzy leaks out a bit inside the package. Also, both are very drying. Definitively not for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

These are my go-tos for lip color, and I have about a dozen of them in every color. They really have long staying power, don't rub off too much (especially when kissing), and help accentuate the shape of my lips with clean lines. Really easy to apply fast in the morning, and they last virtually all day! I reapply if I'm going out at night. Can't go back to those thick lipsticks or glosses that feel so heavy compared to these! Please don't discontinue these, Revlon!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

I think this is a good concept for a product, but I think the staying power of the formula and the packaging could be improved. I used Lust which is a nice mauvey beige color. I keep buying different brands of lipstains, hoping that they will last for several hours, but so far, no dice. Doing normal activities like talking and eating, this product fades quickly and needs to be reapplyed every hour. I like that it is a two sided product with the stain on one end and a balm on the other. You almost need a balm over it because stains can be slightly drying. However, I wish the balm was a twist up kind and not just a little stick placed on the end of the wand. When I opended it for the first time, it broke right off! I managed to stick it back on, but now I have to use it VERY carefully for fear of it falling off again. So not a big fan of the package design. Overall, this product is adequate, but needs improvement.