October 22, 2014 | 1880 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by haleyanna19

I like this powder, went and bought it this weekend after reading all of the awesome reviews on MUA, although it is too light for me. You gotta understand---I am one faaaaaair skinned gal, lol. I could sleep in a tanning bed and never get any darker than a sheet of paper (sucks, I know!) I wear a NC15 and I had to change because even that got too dark for me. anyway---it's a lovely product, I didn't have to touch up ONCE today, I stayed pretty matte all day. I put it on about 6 am, then got home around 3 and I took it off. I still could've went a lot longer, though. Point being said--it does its job! It's NOT meant for dark skinned ladies, though! haha

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by PrettyShimmery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I love the cute compact the powder comes in. I don't smell any fragrance what so ever (i hate scented powder F.Y.I.) I like that it was easily found at wal-mart for $8 and the powder itself is suuper soft. Update later to see how it goes.

Update:nevermind. i need to find something else. this is not going on my skin translucent anymore! i got a slight tan and that was it! this powder is going on white. such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Along with MAC's new Careblend powder, this is one of my favorite finds in the powder category in recent history. In my neck of the woods, it's not easy to find - even with a few Walmarts within (reasonable) driving distance, only one carries the full Hard Candy line. When I found this, I snapped it up, based on the raving reviews.

The packaging isn't the most sturdy, but it's not as flimsy as those of the other Walmart standby, Wet n Wild. Although sealed, mine didn't actually come with a sponge (oops, quality control!) but I don't mind; I generally don't use sponges anyway. The powder itself is almost creamy, but doesn't cake up, not even on my combination/oily skin. It mattifies like nobody's business, and despite its chalky appearance, doesn't come off white or ghostly, at least not on my golden toned NC25 skin.

I'm really astounded by the high quality of this $7 gem; it performs just as well, if not better, than its higher priced counterparts. In fact, I've yet to find a high end blotting powder that gives me the same lasting effect that this does. At half the price of MAC's Blot Powder, once on of my holy grail products, it's not just a decent alternative - it's better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is absolutely Awesome for me - I am an NC15 - it does not look chalky or white on me but then again I am already very, very pale so YMMV. This gives me a matte airbrushed finish and makes my skin look so perfect. It is a little bit drying so it must have silica in it - I will be running to this in the summer when I get greasy, but right now I have to go light with it and moisturize extra so my face does not feel tight (partly because I have just done a TCA peel - so again YMMV). The compact is SO cute and the sponge is kept separate from the product so it does not get your powder all gross. I may get a round sponge because the heart shaped one is cute but not so practical - at home I use it with a large brush to set my foundation and it's so fine that it goes on weightless. It's really nice for going out clubbing and keeping your face matte when you're dancing up a storm and getting sweaty. Love this! I will be very sad if they stop making this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For a drugstore product I am very pleased. Days I wear tinted moisturizer and have a blemish to cover...I use this product to set the concealer. I do not use the sponge included.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I truly love the long-lasting, mattifying effect that this powder has, however, the color just does not work for me at all. No matter what method I used to apply it, and no matter how much I blended and buffed, my olive-colored skin always had this sickly, whitish cast to it. Unfortunately, I would only repurchase if Hard Candy released some shades that would work with my darker skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had been using MAC Blot and Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse powders before this. I picked it up on a whim at Walmart and I love it. It controls oil very well, is never cakey and doesn't break me out at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colour is perfect for my fair skin. A little more coverage would be nice, but then again if it had more coverage it would probably go into the "mask-like" territory many heavier coverage powders can have. I'm pretty oily and it does an "ok" job at oil control ... still need to blot after a few hours. It's not as finely textured as my Lorac Wet/Dry, but it works the same for ALOT less $$$. I use a large powder puff and not the cute little sponge in the package. What I don't like is how the mirror is beneath the powder (flip up, flip down for powder, flip up, flip down ...). Also, the writing is cute, but distracting and takes up a fair bit of mirror. Overall, I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is the SHADE I was looking for in a pressed powder for SO long!!! I can't believe Hard Candy finally came out with this great mattifying powder. It's of great quality and i will keep on buying it forever (PLEASE, don't ever stop making it, lol!). It keeps your face matte and nice all day, without touch-ups necessary during the day, even with oily skin like I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is very light and doesn't feel cakey. It can make even the most shimmery foundations matte and lasted a very long time throughout the day. The packaging was a bit bulky and the sponge was useless, but the mirror was cute and the product lasted me over five months of using everyday. It was only eight dollars at walmart, which is really pretty good considering other powders I've used have been in the same price range and not so great or much more expensive. a good buy.