October 1, 2014 | 1862 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

This is a great on-the-go base color but you'd definitely need a heavier powder to layer on. I tried just using it on its on (due to its claim you can wear it in place of foundation) but it just didn't sit right. I did notice parabens and alcohols in the ingredients list but was told it was minimal and needed for preservation. However, I still heart LUSH products and every store I've been to has great sales people that are truly helpful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am absolutely in love with this product, it has won its place in my holy grail products stash. Although I would not categorize this a foundation because it simply does not give enough coverage, it is a great tinted moisturizer. I mix this at a 4:6 ratio with a pump of Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. Less than pea size amount is needed for one application. It is quick to apply and easily blendable. It gives my normal/combination oily skin a natural finish and stays well put throughout the day. Do not expect this product to hide your dark spots or problem areas, that is what a concealer is for. I recommend to set with a light powder after application to be safe since the consistency of this product is rather creamy. It is sold around $15, which I think is reasonable considering most foundations and tinted moisturizers are much expensive at sephora. The small jar will last quite a while, atleast until the expiration date.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by volarelibre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this! I have oily/combination skin and I always have trouble finding foundations that work well with my skin. I bought this three days ago I believe and I tried it on for Thanksgiving day. I used a foundation brush to dab a little on (straight, no moisturizer mixed in.) and blended. Added some finishing powder and was done. My boyfriend LOVES it! He hates when I wear make up that looks too heavy or thick. It evens out my skin but has such a nice natural finish that could go with any look or be transformed into any look! I ADORE it! I would definitely buy it again!

ALSO, did try to use it as a primer for my eye makeup. DID not work at all! So that is a downside to this. It would work to cover my eyes but I would need a primer added on. But it is only a base. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I was pleasantly surprised by this product - it's quite amazing. I have it in Dark Yellow and it is a great match for my skin tone. It looks a bit too light going on but it oxidizes and matches me perfectly. I apply it like a foundation using a Sigma F84 and set it with a powder foundation (I use Cargo BluRay) for a bit more coverage and a flawless finish. I first saw this in DulceCandy's channel and I must say - she puts way too much on. I use no more than a pea-sized scoop (using a metal spatula to keep things sanitary). I may use a bit more than that on days when my skin needs more coverage but not nearly as much as DulceCandy! They don't have a wide choice of shades and I"m not really a fan of the packaging but it works very well for me. I've been using it for a month now and it hasn't broken out my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mailytvu

I wanted to like this. I am really into natural cosmetics. However, when I read the ingredients, they included parabens (I bought it without reading the list since I was so excited about it). From my understanding, LUSH was supposed to be a company dedicated to using fresh, natural ingredients. I know they need to preserve their product somehow, so they should have used safer alternatives. I also don't like the packaging because it's not hygienic.

I used a foundation brush and mineral powder to set. It looked decent for maybe an hour. It slid around my face and made it really shiny. I had to blot my face every few hours. It smells a little weird too.

Overall, if you have dry skin, this would be good for you since it has an actual oil in it (soya bean oil). Like I said, I heard awesome reviews about this and I really wanted to like it, but I ended up disappointed with another hyped product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by beautyflo

Dulce Candy raves about this product and I was opting for a less chemically treated foundation I took her recommendation and went to Lush straight away. And it's AMAZING!
I am using light yellow which matches my colour tone perfectly and the coverage is superb! My pores (esp nose area) are minimized!

Yet I did not follow what Dulce Candy said on mixing the Lush colour supplement with day cream. (In her video she actually used quite alot of the colour supplement - one finger scoop which I dont think you need that much, although everything eventually absorbed into the skin) I just took a finger tip of colour and warm it up by gente rub, then tapped it into my face. IT WORKS FANTASTICALLY!

Best foundation so far! ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i have this in jackie oats and i have to say im really impressed!! i only wear powder when im wearing this as you dont need foundation, it looks amazing and is great if you are porcelain white like i am, the jar appears small but has so much product in it, have no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Was initially a bit disappointed with this as mixed with moisturiser it made my oily skin really shiny (no great surprise as I can't really wear TM anyway). Anyway, another reviewer suggested wearing it on its own and BINGO - a great light foundation which is perfect for a quick pick-me-up after the gym applied with fingers to tone down red areas on my nose etc.
Not the most hygienic packaging, but I do agree with Lush's policy of using glass rather than plastic etc. Glad to have rediscovered this one.
Edited - found this really does "go off" and had to chuck most of it out. Guess a necessary side effect of a more natural brand - deducted 1 star.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by oxfordjrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Very pleased with this foundation/colour supplement/tinted moisturiser/whatever. It is pale enough for my skin tone and feels nice and soft. It doesn't look orange or over the top but gives very nice even coverage. Lush should definitely bring out more make up products. Would I repurchase? Definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by livieTree

I'm NC15 with well behaved combination skin. I don't normally break out unless its "that time of the month", or I'm really stress. So over all i don't need coverage. However I do tend to prefer medium coverage. The one I got is in the color light yellow. The color selection is also quite limited. Anyway, I picked this up hoping it would be something between a TM and a foundation.

The texture of it is odd. To me its like a whipped cream kind of texture. There is definitely air in this, and its easy to pick up more than needed. Something I really enjoy about it however is that it blends really really well. The down side to this is that I find that its too sheer. It is slightly buildable but barely. Since my skin tends to be well behave this is fine. I use it to mix with my more full coverage foundations. And to me the finish is semi-matte. I do like it but it can be a bit cakey. Which is weird because it has close to no coverage.

The packaging is a jar. Meh. Not a fan. Not for hygienic purposes I just don't like it. Its an overall okay product. But I wouldn't call it a nessesity but most likely won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No