MISSHA M Signature Real Complete B.B. Cream SPF 25 PA++

4.1

on 2/12/2013 10:04:00 PM

I just wanted to start off by saying that this product is lovely. I just don't think it's for me at this moment because it's not as moisturizing as I need - at least not in the winter. I am going to re-visit it in the summer when my skin isn't so chapped from the weather.

Anyway, my application process is to use a small amount (pea sized) which I dot on problem areas and then blend with my fingers on top of moisturizer and sunscreen. Based on that, here are my thoughts...

1. Product Texture - It has a watery consistency which I find a bit drying and uncomfortable on the drier areas of my combination skin. However, on my oilier t-zone, it feels wonderful, and by that I mean that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any sort of makeup at all! This product is also very blendable.

2. Finish - The finish is natural without being cakey (even on my dryer areas). I have not had any problems with this sinking into pores, either.

3. Color - I'm a MAC NW/NC15. When I ordered this through Missha's US website, I purchased a full size of the color #13 (#13 does not come in a travel size) and a travel size of the #21 to try. I found the #13 to be too light and more appropriate for the absolute fairest of skin tones. The #21 color is just about perfect (maybe a tiny touch dark but barely noticeable).

4. Coverage is light to medium. My issues are redness from rosacea and under eye circles and both are reduced and blurred but not completely eliminated.

5. Longevity is I would say 8 hours at work.

I will update this review in the summer when my dry patches aren't so bad.

on 2/8/2013 10:21:00 PM

Avid bb cream user here. I've tried all of the Missha bb creams too...and THIS is my favorite one! High spf, medium to full coverage, for sensitive skin, not heavy, and lasts a full work day!

The color does tend to lean slightly greyish, but it's not so grey like Skin79. If Skin79's grey cast does not bother you, then this will not either. If you think Skin79 is too gray, this has a good balance of warm tones in it.

The finish is definitely more dewy. I have dry skin and it made me look like that, so if you have oily skin, it might be a bit TOO dewy for your liking. The humidity here didn't seem to make it "melt" on any parts of my face, but I did set it with a powder after I put it on.

The coverage is great. I did not have to use any concealer to cover a few acne scars that I have on my cheeks. If you have heavy scarring, you might want to try 2 layers or just 1 layer and concealer on the really dark acne spots. Let's be real, no matter how great a foundation, really dark spots are hard to cover up. I usually use SKinfood salmon dark circle concealer under my eyes, but this brightened up my eye area enough that I did not need it.

The scent? Very faint, if any at all. I can't tell honestly. It IS made for sensitive skin, so any little scent shouldn't bother you if you have sensitive skin.

Normal price is pretty high at around $45 for a pump bottle of 45ml (i think). However, Missha is always always having sales, so I highly recommend checking back and getting it when it's on sale.

For reference, I'm NC 25 in MAC, asian with yellow undertones, and I used No. 23 in this shade.

on 1/14/2013 3:58:00 PM

This my holy grail BB cream for sure and I have tried several (missha perfect cover, missha cho bo yang, BRTC gold caviar, Skin 79 hot pink & gold, Holika Holika, Liole, Skin Food & Garnier). I have combo skin (more dry in winter, oily in summer) & I use it with the missha blending primer in winter & a mattifying primer in summer. I'm on my second tube of this in #23 (NW 20-25) & I have a backup waiting. It has nice medium coverage and feels light and nourishing on my skin. It's far from matte, but not super dewy after it sets. I set it with a mineral powder to improve staying power. I get through a workday without patchiness, maybe a blot paper or powder mid-day on the T-zone. I recommend waiting for one of missha's multi-annual sales to purchase this for up to 40% off. Big fan of their snail line, cleansing, oil, eyeliner, and brow cake as well. VIP customer here:)

on 1/2/2013 2:36:00 AM

What I love about this product is that it makes me look like a movie star without so much effort. I have yellow undertones, and medium-fair complexion. This BB cream helps my face "shine" without making me look overly pale.

It can be a bit cakey if you don't apply it well. This was my problem when I first used this(I'm a newbie). But then, I studied how to apply this BB cream to make it look even. I dotted very thin layers of this BB cream all over my face before I spread it out with my fingers. The result is like magic! I love it. I have big pores on my nose, and sometimes it can look like craters filled with make-up. But using this BB cream with the application technique I said, and setting it with a good powder, makes me look like a movie star. :)

It is expensive though, for a college girl like me. :)

on 1/1/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I can't rave about this bb cream enough. The consistency is creamy and it looks much like a traditional primer right out of the tube. I use a pea-sized amount to prime, and then one more light layer mixed with a tiny bit of foundation to get the perfect color. The coverage is great and lasts all day, at least 8 hours with minimal touch-ups (I use refreshing spray to set my makeup). Since I began using this bb cream, I truly believe my skin is looking its best. Removing it can be a pain, but as long as you have a good make-up remover and face wash there shouldn't be a problem.

on 12/12/2012 10:47:00 PM

Compared to other BB creams that I've tried, this one is very light weight and doesn't make me feel greasy after a few hours. While it doesn't provide enough coverage to hide my dark circles, I don't mind because it gives my skin a great glow and covers red blotches well.

on 12/11/2012 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE 09/3/2013
Now that it is getting warmer and I have found a better moisturizing and exfoliating combo, I decided to give this bb another go this week. Colour me impressed! I still think this highlights dry patches and makes my skin look older, I suppose I have yet to find an ideal application method and amount for this product, so for the time being I have been using it as a primer under my Revlon Colourstay and have been loving it for this use. I find using the Missha as a primer under a foundation leaves me with flawless healthy looking skin, without leaving my skin feeling tight and mask-like which I often get when using Revlon alone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My goodness this looks awful on dry skin! When first applied my skin looked decent. I was thrilled at first actually as shade 13 matches my skin perfectly. As the day progressed, I looked in the mirror and it was quite apparent I was wearing a makeup product and one that refused to blend at that. Granted this was my first day wearing it and I admittedly did not moisturize before applying. I will have to report back once I give this another go.

When I compared with my Missha Perfect Cover in 21, this has a much lighter consistency and slightly less fragrance (yay!). It is more easily spreadable on the skin given its thinner texture and does not feel nearly as heavy or oily on the skin. In fact, I dont feel this product at all when I wearing it. This seems to have a heavier grey cast when first applied when compared to Perfect Cover, but once it oxidizes on the skin the cast disappears and is not a concern. This is a much less pigmented and less covering product than Perfect Cover. There is no sparkle, sheen or dewiness that I can detect, but perhaps I do not apply as much as other people who have stated it's lovely dewy finish. I want dewy too dammit! Redness and discoloration is minimized but not altogether erased giving the impression of having nicer skin.
This review is merely my first impressions of the product, but thus far it is a dud apart from my loving the colour. I will give it another go on exfoliated and moisturized skin and report back. I really want to like this product as it is easily assessable in Toronto, cheap, lighter than other BBs and not nearly as fragrant. Fingers crossed I find a way to work with it. For now, my Skin79 VIP Gold continues to sit in my top rank.

on 12/10/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in a free mini set from Missha when I made my first purchase and I was excited to get this since it's marketed for sensitive skin. It's by far the worst product I've used for my skin, other than Revlon's colorstay foundation. This caused me to breakout something sinister all over my face. It's shocking how many postules formed on my cheeks and forehead. I normally don't have major issues with foundations breaking out my skin, since I am meticulous in my makeup removal regiment, but this was completely out of the ordinary. I ended up tossing it. If you are acne prone, do stay away from this product! There are far better bb creams out there like Holika Holika and Skin79.

#21 was a tad dark (I'm NC10/15) and had a runny consistency, but that didn't bother me. Coverage was medium, but on oily skin it felt uncomfortable; it made it even oilier.

I love the colour (no.21 for a fairer skin tone) and consistency of this product. It provides a medium coverage which is exactly what I want. Nothing too over the top and heavy but not too light that makes it pointless.
BUT!!!!! I suspect that this BB cream has caused me to break out slightly. Strangely enough I continued using it, hoping that it was just a short term break out due to stress or crazy hormones. But after half a year of using it daily, I do think that this BB cream is not really suitable for me. Which is sad. Because I have another full bottle of it!
Having said that the MISSHA signature real complete BB cream could be responsible for my break out, I think that it is highly probably that any BB cream that provides this level of coverage would clog your pores and not be entirely good for your skin. Hence, I am going on a BB cream fast for a while and try to avoid it or use it when I absolutely must (like on a date or night out).
So I would recommend that you try it for a few weeks and if you dont get a break out, it is possibly a great BB cream for you.

on 11/23/2012 11:11:00 PM

I really, really wanted to like this BB cream! The packaging is so-so. Since the consistency is very thin, it leaks out once you open the cap. It's a pretty good match for my skin tone because the BB cream is very yellow (I have it in shade natural yellow beige, I am an NC35 in MAC). It has a nice, natural finish (not dewy, not matte). Your skin really looks bright when wearing this BB cream.

What I don't like about it? It makes my very oily skin even oilier, even topped with setting powder. But what I really hate about this product is that it broke me out so badly. I do not recommend this product for people with acne-prone skin.