April 19, 2014 | 1646 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ladyfey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These only work if your hair is not really long, If you are past waist length, forget about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by louise143

Super love these pins. No excuse to have bad hair days anymore. It keeps my long, thick, wavy hair tamed and neatly tucked into place. Just be sure not to get the pins intertwined. It is super easy to put on. Even my school girl can do this already. Must buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I purchased these after hearing a few good reviews and I always wanted something handy that can hold my thick wavey hair in a bun. These are great to have when you just want a simple bun and they HOLD! I hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about this I was very skeptical, I mean how can you expect these weird spiral pins to work? I decided to give it a go though when I saw so many good reviews on here. I'm really glad I did because this is probably one of the most useful things I own now. I have very long hair (it reaches my stomach), and it's always difficult to put my hair up completely. I was surprised that this completely held up my hair. Sometimes a few pieces of hair can pop out because I have layers or because I didn't do that great of a job putting it up. When this happens I just usually use a bobby pin to hold it in place. Other than that this thing is perfect and I'd highly recommend it! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ADORE this product!

I will always own these..they are so easy to use and being someone who doesn't like to bother with bobby pins these are just perfect for me.

Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I do find these easy to use, I'm pretty good at getting my hair in a bun with bobby pins, so that's not why I like them. This is why I think spin pins are great: When I put my hair in an elastic and put it up with regular bobby pins or a clip, the weight of my hair gets pulled by gravity, and by the end of the day the hair on the top of my head is plastered down and my scalp is sore. Somehow, spin pins distribute the tension better and get me more loose height at the top of my 'do. They are also so comfortable that there feels like there's nothing there. I agree with the posters who have noted that you need to catch the hair in the bun as well as some of the hair on your head. I still can't believe that they stay put by themselves without an elastic. I have no problem keeping them in my curly, fine-textured but dense, shoulder-length hair. The one problem that I sometimes run into is that if I don't position the pins properly, the ends of my hair can stick out. But if that happens, I just re-tuck the hair into the bun and reposition the pins.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mlschoenfeld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw the Goody Spin Pins in a magazine. I went online to find out more. I read the reviews here at Makeup Alley, and visited Ebay to see the ten for $3 spin pins. I did not immediately order online. I had to think about it... Then a few days later, I was at the local drugstore. I spied the Goody version, and got the "light hair" color and brought it home and used it the very next day.

I thought the packaging was excessive. So much cardboard for two little wires -- I guess that's how they justify the price -- but at least there were three basic hairstyle suggestions included.

My hair is just past my shoulders, medium texture and wavy. Not a lot of it, but it develops a very nice volume if I scrunch it while wet. I read reviews by ladies with bone straight, fine hair. Apparently, the spin pins slip out for them.

Stayed in just fine for me!

I pulled my hair into a ponytail, without a band, and just kept twisting, until the tension wound my hair into a bun. At this point, I would usually use two hair sticks to keep my bun in place. This time, I twisted the pins in. No visible means of support. Better then two chopsticks sticking out of my head. Sometimes, I'd forget the hair sticks were there and get hung up on something.

I went about my usual daily activities. I forgot the Spin Pins were there when I went to bed. I slept with them in! Totally comfortable. In the morning, I realized I had slept with them in. Don't try that with two long sticks poking out of your head!

My ponytail often gets in the way when I exercise. I have to hold the end so I don't roll over it while doing Pilates exercises. I consider the spin pins to be my newest exercise equipment. Now I understand why I read about them in a Pilates magazine.

Even though these little guys set me back $7.39 plus 6% sales tax, I consider it money well spent.

I will get another pair or two and try a hairstyle that I've never mastered -- the twist. It looks so elegant, but I've never been able to get the hang of it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Lost a pin while jogging two blocks from work to the bus stop. It did not keep my hair up, and ultimately, my hair would fall out in a mess. A pony tail was much neater. I have long, past the shoulder, length straight, thick (very thick according to my hair dressers) Asian hair. I tried it for several weeks, and it just refused to work as promised.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ShadowDreamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium thick, shoulder length hair and I think these are the greatest invention ever! I am horrible at styling my hair, even using a hair tie to make a bun is difficult for me since my hair never stays in the bun. However, since my hair is layered, I know I'll never get a perfect ballerina bun out of it, but I'm already happy that this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by pree11

I love it. I have thick curly hair normally and when i straighten it is slick. i love it to hold my hair without styling. it is one of the few things that can hold my heavy thick hair. and when my hair is straightened it is a little less secure but still works so well. i love it, but i can understand that it will not work for slicker finer hair... sorry guys