December 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by FleursFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate. Just hate. I've tried this so many times. I've done it according to the instructions on the back, ive tried it the way some youtubers do it, ive tried different ways on my own, but NOTHING works. it NEVER holds my hair. i'll put it in then when i let go it'll just all fall down. My hair is naturally straight and thick medium length.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chic buns have always defied me. In the past, I've tried to secure a simple side bun with about 50 bobby pins, they fell out within minutes. When I had to put up my hair for ballroom dance, it was a disaster. I had so many bobby pins on my head to rival a porcupine.

By chance, I learned about the Goody Spin Pins from Jean on extrapetite.com. When I saw that she had a perfectly messy bun within 2 minutes, I was amazed!

Since I have really thin hair, I decided to go with the 3 mini first. They worked well and held my bun, but I think my hair is just a tad bit too long for them. So I picked up the regular long pins and wow, I finally mastered the side bun. I can't believe how quick and simple it is now to make a chic bun. The best part is that two pins hold up the bun for an entire day! I gave the 3 mini pins to my mom since she has shorter hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jericafrani

I bought Goody Spin Pins because i heard great reviews from different people. So, i tried it out. I rushed home and followed the instructions. I made a bun and inserted the 2 spin pins. And i thought it will hold my hair but then, IT FELL. I tried again several times. It DIDN'T WORK. So, i searched and experimented. And found out that there are certain things you should do in order for it to work properly.
1.) You must make a PERFECT TWISTED BUN. Learn to make a perfect bun first before doing anything else.
2.) Insert the first spin pin at the end of the bun. Insert the other one at any point where you feel some spiky hair.
3.) When you twist the Spin Pins, be sure that your scalp will feel them.
4.) Continue practicing and never do this when you're frustrated. You'll just end up the wrong way.
I have been wearing the Spin Pins almost everyday now.
Hope this helps!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My hair - Long (past the shoulder), thick and naturally wavy.
* Experience - When I first attempted to form a simple single chignon, it did not work. I either have too much hair or my hair is just way too thick for the spin pins to hold my hair properly. I then purchased another package (set of two pins) to try to see if four (4) spin pins would work and indeed, with four (4), my hair seems to hold up well. I like the fact that nothing is visible as the spin pins are pretty well hidden from view and they're fairly comfortable to wear.
* Tips - I like to form two (2) mini chignons and use two (2) spin pins for each.
* Bottom line - If you have very long, thick or wavy hair, using two (2) spin pins alone will probably not work. I would suggest getting more spin pins if you're intent on using them with long, thick or wavy hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ladyfey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These only work if your hair is not really long, If you are past waist length, forget about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by louise143

Super love these pins. No excuse to have bad hair days anymore. It keeps my long, thick, wavy hair tamed and neatly tucked into place. Just be sure not to get the pins intertwined. It is super easy to put on. Even my school girl can do this already. Must buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I purchased these after hearing a few good reviews and I always wanted something handy that can hold my thick wavey hair in a bun. These are great to have when you just want a simple bun and they HOLD! I hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about this I was very skeptical, I mean how can you expect these weird spiral pins to work? I decided to give it a go though when I saw so many good reviews on here. I'm really glad I did because this is probably one of the most useful things I own now. I have very long hair (it reaches my stomach), and it's always difficult to put my hair up completely. I was surprised that this completely held up my hair. Sometimes a few pieces of hair can pop out because I have layers or because I didn't do that great of a job putting it up. When this happens I just usually use a bobby pin to hold it in place. Other than that this thing is perfect and I'd highly recommend it! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ADORE this product!

I will always own these..they are so easy to use and being someone who doesn't like to bother with bobby pins these are just perfect for me.

Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I do find these easy to use, I'm pretty good at getting my hair in a bun with bobby pins, so that's not why I like them. This is why I think spin pins are great: When I put my hair in an elastic and put it up with regular bobby pins or a clip, the weight of my hair gets pulled by gravity, and by the end of the day the hair on the top of my head is plastered down and my scalp is sore. Somehow, spin pins distribute the tension better and get me more loose height at the top of my 'do. They are also so comfortable that there feels like there's nothing there. I agree with the posters who have noted that you need to catch the hair in the bun as well as some of the hair on your head. I still can't believe that they stay put by themselves without an elastic. I have no problem keeping them in my curly, fine-textured but dense, shoulder-length hair. The one problem that I sometimes run into is that if I don't position the pins properly, the ends of my hair can stick out. But if that happens, I just re-tuck the hair into the bun and reposition the pins.