Goody Spin Pin

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are really nice for short term use, but my hair is pin-straight and very silky so it doesn't hold for more than a couple hours. My hair is also pretty thin, so sometimes the end of the pins poke through the opposite side of the bun. Other than that, I find them easy to use and the make a quick pretty bun. I usually use them when I'm studying, so the elastic doesn't pull on my head and give me a headache, but I don't have to worry about moving too much and it falling out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I rarely ever give 5 lippies, but I'm kind of in love with these pins.

I have waist length hair that is very thick. I am a dancer, I've known how to pin buns since my first ballet class. The very secure buns I pin can sometimes hurt, but that is the price I pay for having such long and thick hair. These pins hold very well, all I need to do to create ouch-less, dance-proof buns with these, is supplement them with 2 large bobby pins. If you know how thick and course my hair is, you'd realize that this is quite remarkable!

I also work in food services, and I prefer to have my hair pulled up. I'm generally too lazy to "do" my hair in the morning, but with these pins, I can have a great up-do and am out the door in 5 minutes!

In addition to the excellent performance, I've been watching some youtube videos on up-dos. Styles that I'd never be able to create with my long hair, but with these pins, I have everybody telling me how awesome my hairstyles look.

On another note, I understand how some people have a hard time working with these pins. But with all due respect, I suspect that the reason is not the pins, but the lack of experience styling hair. I strongly recommend practicing more. I love these pins!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These slip and fall right out of my hair. I have thick but baby fine hair. It's prone to frizz so I get the Brazilian Blowout done every four months or so. I have tried to use these MANY times with zero success. I have followed the directions to the letter so the problem is not operator error.

These were a total waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hate. Just hate. I've tried this so many times. I've done it according to the instructions on the back, ive tried it the way some youtubers do it, ive tried different ways on my own, but NOTHING works. it NEVER holds my hair. i'll put it in then when i let go it'll just all fall down. My hair is naturally straight and thick medium length.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Chic buns have always defied me. In the past, I've tried to secure a simple side bun with about 50 bobby pins, they fell out within minutes. When I had to put up my hair for ballroom dance, it was a disaster. I had so many bobby pins on my head to rival a porcupine.

By chance, I learned about the Goody Spin Pins from Jean on extrapetite.com. When I saw that she had a perfectly messy bun within 2 minutes, I was amazed!

Since I have really thin hair, I decided to go with the 3 mini first. They worked well and held my bun, but I think my hair is just a tad bit too long for them. So I picked up the regular long pins and wow, I finally mastered the side bun. I can't believe how quick and simple it is now to make a chic bun. The best part is that two pins hold up the bun for an entire day! I gave the 3 mini pins to my mom since she has shorter hair.

I bought Goody Spin Pins because i heard great reviews from different people. So, i tried it out. I rushed home and followed the instructions. I made a bun and inserted the 2 spin pins. And i thought it will hold my hair but then, IT FELL. I tried again several times. It DIDN'T WORK. So, i searched and experimented. And found out that there are certain things you should do in order for it to work properly.
1.) You must make a PERFECT TWISTED BUN. Learn to make a perfect bun first before doing anything else.
2.) Insert the first spin pin at the end of the bun. Insert the other one at any point where you feel some spiky hair.
3.) When you twist the Spin Pins, be sure that your scalp will feel them.
4.) Continue practicing and never do this when you're frustrated. You'll just end up the wrong way.
I have been wearing the Spin Pins almost everyday now.
Hope this helps!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* My hair - Long (past the shoulder), thick and naturally wavy.
* Experience - When I first attempted to form a simple single chignon, it did not work. I either have too much hair or my hair is just way too thick for the spin pins to hold my hair properly. I then purchased another package (set of two pins) to try to see if four (4) spin pins would work and indeed, with four (4), my hair seems to hold up well. I like the fact that nothing is visible as the spin pins are pretty well hidden from view and they're fairly comfortable to wear.
* Tips - I like to form two (2) mini chignons and use two (2) spin pins for each.
* Bottom line - If you have very long, thick or wavy hair, using two (2) spin pins alone will probably not work. I would suggest getting more spin pins if you're intent on using them with long, thick or wavy hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These only work if your hair is not really long, If you are past waist length, forget about it!

Super love these pins. No excuse to have bad hair days anymore. It keeps my long, thick, wavy hair tamed and neatly tucked into place. Just be sure not to get the pins intertwined. It is super easy to put on. Even my school girl can do this already. Must buy.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased these after hearing a few good reviews and I always wanted something handy that can hold my thick wavey hair in a bun. These are great to have when you just want a simple bun and they HOLD! I hope this helps.

Video Reviews & Tutorials