July 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only eye primer I've found that works for my oily lids!

I mean, I must have been born with the oily eye gene, because this Nars primer still only works for me if I put a MAC paint pot immediately on top. But thankfully I finally found this solution!

Both products are really expensive, but really it's the only way I can wear eyeshadow without getting embarrassing white creases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

At last - I have found my HG eye shadow & liner primer. I have tried them all - literally. From high-end to low-end, the well-known and the obscure: Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, Concrete Minerals, Tarte, Etude, Sephora, ELF, MUAC, just to name a few. None of them worked for me. Until now. Not only does my eye make-up actually stay on, it still looks great 15 hours later. Now when I wear make-up, I don't have to keep checking the mirror to pat away migrating or balled up remnants of shadow or bring an eyeliner pencil in my purse to retouch it. This is an amazing product, and I could not be more thrilled to have found it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

I absolutely adore NARS eye primer and is by far my holy grail! My eye shadow has never lasted so long. The consistency is smooth and goes on as such. A light layer provides the perfect base. It does not add colour to my lids but that's fine because I'm not looking for that. I have repurchased and will continue to do so because it is fabulous. If you have oily eye lids like me, this is a must try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

This primer DOES work (on me at least). I remember my eyeshadows lasting up to 15 hours with this (and then i removed my eye makeup so it could've lasted longer). But i have some issues with the formula aaand packaging (as usual with all NARS products).

Formula...if it makes eyeshadow last 15 hours, what's left to complain? I don't like the consistency of it. This is an eye product, meaning it will be distributed all over the delicate thin skin with fingers. It HAS to be more liquid than this! I have to thug and pull on the eye area every day with this primer. Not good in long term eh?

Second, ah yes, the packaging. I think NARS should redesign ALL of their packaging. It's way way worse than a regular drugstore brand. First off, this velvety texture they use on their products isn't useful at all; it gets dirty after a day of use. (especially the white parts) And the doe foot applicator? For an eye base? I wonder who came up with that idea :)

Formula should've been liquid and package should be just a simple tube (a black one with NARS logo). Although i love the staying power, i'll give other brands a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by friedawg

I purchased this because for some reason my UDPP (which I had trusted for years) decided to start creasing on me (it might have been faulty or otherwise sitting around too long before opened). The product is much more fluidy than UDPP, is white in the tube but dries completely clear in a matter of seconds.

The primer works wonderfully and my eyeshadow will stay crease-free for just under 12 hours on my very oily eyelids. It is really easy to apply (just a regular sponge applicator) with no-fuss packaging, and you can use it sparingly so I can imagine one tube lasting awhile. Simply pop a tiny bit on your eyelid with the applicator and blend out quickly with a finger.

Unfortunately this is very expensive if bought at the Australian RRP so I think it's only worth it if purchasing from overseas or online.

If you're looking for an alternative to the UDPP then this is definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I just got this as a GWP from Sephora and used today, at first I thought it was too oily feeling, but I waited a minute and it seemed dry, So I applied my eye makeup and it went on smoothly. It seems to me that it immediately sets the shadow and you really can't blend the shadow out as it is already set. I do like it for the staying power. Only cons are the price and the fact I feel like I better get my shadow on correctly the first time otherwise you can't really correct any errors afterward. Not my HG ES primer, I still prefer my Two Faced one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm out right now and I need more!!!!! I absolutely love this stuff! It's so smooth and blends like a dream. I've found a drug store brand that's almost as good that will suffice until I get my hands back on this, but please believe it is so worth the money!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Riotrachael

Love. I cannot go a day without this, I'm now on my second tube. The first one lasted me 6/7 months and I used it practically every day! Definitely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by nfa160

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am now using the second tube of NARS eye shadow primer. In a nutshell, I previously used LancĂ´me concealer alone under my daily eye shadow and it caked easily, so I looked up reviews for popular primers that prevented caking and made eyes shadow last. There were many reviews mainly on Urban Decay and Nars. I went for Nars. A tiny lentil size amount is needed, put on your hand, then dab in your finger and gently apply it inside out on both eyes, and I use a smaller amount under the eye too because I go for a smoky look with grey, khaki, and medium tones, not only black for the evening. I put my foundation on top, then another concealer layer. The eye shadow is placed perfectly, although it is a bit difficult to apply as it doesn't run as smoothly as it would without primer. But, the results are satisfying. Eye make up lasts longer, and no caking. I purchased one tube which lasted around a year and I'm still using it despite the fact that I purchased another tube. I am very happy with NARS eye shadow primer. Note: if you put more than a small amount, you won't get a desired result. Less is more with this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lauractinapay

On my third tube of this despite the annoying packaging (had to chop this in half when I cannot get anymore product out. I put the remaining product in a tiny jar with the lid closed very tightly) and expensive price. It works on my super oily eyelids. It prevents eyeshadows from creasing. UDPP, Too Faced, Bare minerals, etc. do not work at all!