Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My container says Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads, but i'm guessing it's the same product as this one.
I screwed open the jar lid, pulled off the seal... and the top pads were not particularly moist - damp, but insufficiently moist. I was wearing powder eye shadow (no primer), non-waterproof mascara, and liquid eyeliner. I used at least 6 pads, and there was STILL eye shadow on my eyes. After i used over a dozen, the pads further in were moister. I know to keep opened jars of skin care pads upside down to keep the top ones moist, but i expected that in a sealed and never before opened jar the top ones would not be so dry. Even the moister ones were not good at removing the eyeshadow, and didn't even begin to touch the ordinary mascara or the eyeliner.
They did not irritate my sensitive eyes, but that doesn't make them worth keeping.
This was yet another FAIL and it's going back to CVS. I'm still seeking a good eye makeup remover.

Wow, I can't tolerate nearly any eye makeup remover. Seriously. Thank god I bought the tiny travel size of these pads at Ulta, just to try out, because they made my eyes sting and water like nobody's business. Ouch! I was so suprised, too, being an Almay product. Oh well. Immediate trashbin.

I know that the package says non oily but I do not think that is compleatly true. In fact theyWERE oily. I will never be buying these ever again. hit yes under this comment if you agree with me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for a couple of months now, and can't say I really care for them. They have only been marginally decent at removing my mascara and eyeshadow, not primer or concealer and that is if I really put pressure on the pads. This causes too much pulling on my skin. I find the pads to have an irritating texture because they aren't smooth, and so they scratch at my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used these for 4 years. I mostly just wear mascara, and started buying them while using a mascara that would never come off with just face wash. I switch mascaras a bit, but still use these if there's a little bit of waxy residue from my mascara. I also sometimes use them to take off face makeup...at some point I realized they didn't break out my seriously acne problem skin. I've tried the towelettes, but they did make me break out.
These remove eye makeup very well. They don't sting or burn, and they are not greasy.
You can also frequently find them in 2 for 1 packages or in "% extra" tubs. I don't think I've ever bought it at normal price...

After years of using Lancome Bifacil and Avon's eye makeup remover, I queried the board and learned this was HG for most of them! Good Housekeeping magazine gave them top award for this category so those reviews were good enough for me!

First, they have these wet round cottons in a nice, small plastic round container, not a package with a sticky to join it or close it. So economy-wise this was ideal for my small cramped medicine chest in the bathroom.

Second, one round can do both eyes! Just flip it over, and fold it for more substance and yes, it does remove hard-to-remove eye makeup. For instance, I use primer potion by Urban Decay and ordinarily soap and water just cannot erase that oily mess. These rounds not only removed the makeup around the eye, but they did not sting, nor did they leave any oily residue!

They have these in quantity of 120 for $8. It was a very good deal!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought the Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover pads by Almay were bad but these are much worst! I don't know if it's because I have sensitive eyes or what but these burned like heck yesterday when I used them. Not only that, the smell is incredibly strong.

I was really hoping to like them after reading great reviews on it. In addition, I was already disappointed with remover pads mentioned above...but sadly this one was a miss for me. I'm debating now whether I should just trash it or try it out a couple more days.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I do not like these at all! I don't have sensitive eyes at all and these burned and made my eyes water badly. I tried a few times then threw them out, won't buy again.

EDIT: I am now using the hydrating pads and those work so much better for me rather than the non-oily. I get zero redness or eye watering with them. I'm not sure why these are working for me rather than the non-oily but im so glad they do! Removes all my eye make-up so easy!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using this for like 10 years! They are the only brand of eye makeup remover pads that don't irritate my eyes, and are effective at removing eye makeup of any kind. These are cheap, they smell good, and are so convenient to use. I tried the moisturizing version, and those were awful, they left a greasy residue in my eyes and my vision was blurry all day. But these oil-free ones are my HG eye makeup remover.

I actually bought these pads again because they are less substantial than cotton rounds. I was feeling guilty going through so many cotton rounds every day (4/day - 2 for toner in AM/PM and rest for removing makeup). It just seems like a lot of landfill/waste. With the Almay pads, as they are much thinner than cotton rounds, I feel less guilty. It's probably not a huge difference but I do feel slightly better.

If used alone, the pads are not wet enough to remove most of my makeup (foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, liner). I have to scrub vigorously to remove basic, non-waterproof mascara if using just the pads. I soak these with Sonia Kashuk's eye makeup remover and the combination is great for removing all makeup. I will continue to buy these cause they're cheap (~$6 for two at BJ's wholesaler) and are a decent replacement for cotton rounds.