Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 9/9/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought the Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover pads by Almay were bad but these are much worst! I don't know if it's because I have sensitive eyes or what but these burned like heck yesterday when I used them. Not only that, the smell is incredibly strong.

I was really hoping to like them after reading great reviews on it. In addition, I was already disappointed with remover pads mentioned above...but sadly this one was a miss for me. I'm debating now whether I should just trash it or try it out a couple more days.

on 9/7/2011 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I do not like these at all! I don't have sensitive eyes at all and these burned and made my eyes water badly. I tried a few times then threw them out, won't buy again.

EDIT: I am now using the hydrating pads and those work so much better for me rather than the non-oily. I get zero redness or eye watering with them. I'm not sure why these are working for me rather than the non-oily but im so glad they do! Removes all my eye make-up so easy!

on 9/5/2011 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using this for like 10 years! They are the only brand of eye makeup remover pads that don't irritate my eyes, and are effective at removing eye makeup of any kind. These are cheap, they smell good, and are so convenient to use. I tried the moisturizing version, and those were awful, they left a greasy residue in my eyes and my vision was blurry all day. But these oil-free ones are my HG eye makeup remover.

on 9/4/2011 12:03:00 PM

I actually bought these pads again because they are less substantial than cotton rounds. I was feeling guilty going through so many cotton rounds every day (4/day - 2 for toner in AM/PM and rest for removing makeup). It just seems like a lot of landfill/waste. With the Almay pads, as they are much thinner than cotton rounds, I feel less guilty. It's probably not a huge difference but I do feel slightly better.

If used alone, the pads are not wet enough to remove most of my makeup (foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, liner). I have to scrub vigorously to remove basic, non-waterproof mascara if using just the pads. I soak these with Sonia Kashuk's eye makeup remover and the combination is great for removing all makeup. I will continue to buy these cause they're cheap (~$6 for two at BJ's wholesaler) and are a decent replacement for cotton rounds.

on 9/2/2011 6:56:00 PM

This is a pleasant product, no stinging or anything like that, and maybe it works well for water-soluble mascaras--but it could not make Maybelline's waterproof Full & Soft mascara budge even a teeny bit.

When they say oil free they mean it! These pads are so get at removing my eye makeup without making my eyes irritated. My mom also uses them and she is a contact wearer and she loves them! I like how much moisture there is on the pad, but sometimes they can be a little dry. However, I picked up the CVS brand version of these and beware they suck! Just pay the few more bucks and get these, I don't think you'll regret it.

on 8/30/2011 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These do a good job at removing eye makeup. The pads are ultra thin so if you wear a lot of eye makeup you may go through them pretty fast. They do make my eyes sting a bit so I wipe over with plain water on a cotton ball when I am done. These are the first eye makeup pads I have used so I have nothing to compare them to but other than the stinging they aren't bad.

on 8/13/2011 7:38:00 PM

I have been using this for years! It is a wonderful product. It takes off my eye make-up easily, and it does not make my skin oily.

on 8/13/2011 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this! Works amazing and gentle on eyes!!!

on 8/5/2011 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this as a free sample from ulta and thank god i did because i LOVE IT! it takes every trace of makeup off even my urban decay 24/7 liners which never come off easy. i can't believe i didn't stumble on these before. i love everything about it except i do wish the pads were a bit bigger but there's always gonna be at least one flaw.