MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This blush looks very different when applied from what its look in the pan suggests. "Blushbaby" was purchased when I discovered that MAC's "Peaches" was a tad too orangey on my very pale skin. Although Blushbaby looks more like a mixture of beige and rose in the packaging, it's a perfect flush of peach on the skin, almost like the colour when I blush naturally. Simply perfect! Handling is easy because of its sheertone finish, you can build it up the way you want it. I'd definitely repurchase this baby.

on 3/2/2012 5:36:00 PM

Colourwise, this is a bit more pink than the picture above would suggest. As it is a sheertone it's difficult to over-do, but still has a decent colour pay-off on my skintone (NC15/BB porcelain).
A versatile neutral blush - would definitely buy again.

on 1/17/2012 1:02:00 PM

I purchased this for the first time yesterday and tried it on this morning and WOW, it was instant love! This is such a nice color that brings a whole new, warm life to my face. I've had it on for about 11 hours now and it still looks great. I can even say that this is the best match that I've found, ever. And I own highly rated blushes like NARS Orgasm. I am a NC15-NC20.

on 1/12/2012 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a decent replacement for MAC's all-time great blush Strada that was inexplicably discontinued, but ---- it's not quite the same. A good browny-pink shade for fair skin, but a bit too pinky for me. Still hoping Strada will come back ...

on 1/12/2012 3:29:00 AM

I reached this blush today after being in my old drawer for so long.. I didnt remember how much i like this color, im back to my first mac love and still love it so much. Is a pink nude, very blendable and light that gives my skin a really healthy glow.
Love the color again, I missed you blushbaby!

on 1/10/2012 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I reallllly love this. I have pink-reddish skin, and usually pink blushes make me look pretty ridiculous, and it emphasizes whatever pimple/flaw i have. This makes me look natural, a little tanned, and healthy. Its very hard to overdo this blush because it is SO NATURAL! :) This is now my everyday HG.

on 1/7/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I returned this. It just wasn't enough pigmentation. I had it for a few months and never used it. I realized I just didn't like the color. MAC has an amazing selection of blushes. For my skin tone, this is one that I can do without.

on 12/28/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The perfect blush. Makes me look naturally radiant and sunny. Very hard to overapply, and if you do it blends out well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Beige-pink (Sheertone)

I have the hardest time finding a blush that doesn't look disastrous on me. I have a bunch of MAC blushes in my hoard, but none of them were quite right on my skin; they were mostly too pink, or too red, or too plummy to truly constitute what I would consider to be not an apocalyptic tranny mess natural. I visited my local MAC counter with high hopes of finding a brownish blush and falling in love with it. Unfortunately, MAC's 'Blunt' had alterior motives and stole my heart and the 18-something bucks that it cost me to purchase it. Needless to say, I was devastated.

After a brief phone call with the (truly amazing) MAC ladies at the local counter in Belk, I discovered the true beauty of the store's return policy, so I packed that lying, devious harlot back into it's original packaging and made my merry way to the mall.

Finding the right blush, I've decided, is like dating: we always go for the louder, more 'standout' shades and leave the softer, plainer ones to wonder why good guys always finish last; and like the dating world, those louder, 'standout' selections usually leave you burned and with a sexually transmitted disease a foul taste in your mouth.

My first impression of MAC's 'BlushBaby' was not the best; the website calls it 'pink-beige', but the color in the pan clearly screams 'sick cat gray-pink'. I skipped over it and swatched about a dozen shades on my hand, but couldn't find anything that looked quite right. The attending MAC lady, probably noticing my striped hand and my frazzled appearance from my bad breakup with 'Blunt', hurried over to me.

"Let me know if I can help you find anything?"

I took her up on the offer. Yeah, I know it's their job, but I hate pestering the crap out of them bugging them when I know I should be able to make the decision on my own.

"Yeah, I kind of want something that looks pretty natural."

She dutifully leaned over the counter and took a tissue to one of the few blushes I hadn't sampled.

"Try this one, it's one of our best sellers!"

There it was, the Quasimodo of MAC blushes, smeared across the tissue. Not wanting to be impolite (I have my moments), I half-heartedly buffed the blush into the back of my hand.

Not to be over dramatic or anything, but time stopped for just a moment.

I signed off on the divorce papers receipt for my return and took my new-found-romance back to the car. Before I could even leave the parking lot, she was all over me. What can I say? It was love at first sight.

Ease of Application: 5/5

Product Quality: 5/5

Packaging: 5/5

Staying Power: 4/5

Overall: 19/20 (A+)

Notes: BlushBaby is great for the NC/20-NC35 (or NW15-NW40) range, but it might have some funky mixups with those who have super-yellowish undertones. Being as 'natural' as it is, you may want to skip it if you want a little more 'pop' to your look. continued >>

on 11/21/2011 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore this blush! I never would have tried this out but one of my friends was raving about it so I decided to check it out. And I'm so glad I did, because it's amazing! It's my first MAC blush but I love it so much I'm sure I'll be buying more.
It looks kind of brown and unflattering in the pan but on my NC20/25 (I'm in between the two) skin it's stunning! It makes me look healthy and glowy. My new favorite blush (before, it was Estee Lauder's Radiant Peach, which I still love.)

Could not recommend this enough. :)