April 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Very nice natural blush for my NC30/35 skin tone. I have to build it up cuz theres not that much pigmentation at first. One of those blushes that look great if youre doing a neutral eye and it adds a pop of color on the cheeks w/o being overwhelming

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

This is a very natural pink flush (but looks peachy on my cheeks). It is very sheer so I need build up the color with a few more swirls with the brush. MAC blushes are a bit chalky compared to the NARS blushes or TheBalm blushes which are more finely milled and silky to the touch. Sleek black packaging. But I still love this blush for the natural beautiful color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very natural looking and not too pigmented (it'd be great for someone who is just starting out with make up), staying power is good and the consistency is great, no surprise there. Works great on light to medium warm skin tone, however, I liked this blush better in the shop because of how the light affected the color. I was looking for a dusty pink, sheer, very natural blush but when I got it home and looked at it in the day light, I found that it was more of a brownish light terracotta with a hint of pink, or at least that's how it shows up on me. So I was disappointed but then I found an old favorite lipstick of mine (Retro by Mac) which I haven't worn for a long time and when I applied that with Blushbaby I fell in love (with the blush and the lipstick all over again). So I'm keeping it after all.
With all that said, Blushbaby looks very natural and great for everyday wear. But I'm still searching for the perfect dusty pink, no shimmer blush for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

gahhhh...this was my first MAC blush and it just didn't work out for me. The color looks nice in the pan, but was very sheer and muddy at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by justinswifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this blush!! It's seriously one of my faves :) It has the perfect amount of warmth for your cheeks. A little goes a long way. It's very neutral so you can wear it with almost any makeup. I'm a NC20 and it's amazing on my skin. It's a little pricey at $19.95, but I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my wedding blush! The MAC MUA at my wish for a really natural blush tried this on one of my cheeks, and a slightly rosier one on the other. I liked blushbaby better.

I have worn it untanned on the wedding - it looks awesome in the pictures in the sense that it is not visible I wear blush, but my cheeks are flushed. (I hate clownish blush on wedding photos!)

I wore it tanned on the honeymoon, too, and it was less noticeable and after some time I switched to Coralista for feeling so summery - but it was still a very nice blush.

I am happy to have this blush! I would describe it as the most subtle flush on cheeks a blush can give. I have light olive skin, fyi.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't have a lot of blushes but I decided to buy this one because of all the rave reviews and I'm glad I did. It is definitely a "my cheeks but better" and more defined kind of look. I like that I don't have to worry about matching it to my eye or lip color. This is good for those of you like myself who don't feel the need to but so many blushes and just want one to do the job and make you look good doing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Blushbaby is my new go to blush when I'm on the run or don't want to do a full on face. Perfect for a wide range of skintones in my opinion. In the pan it looks like a basic pinkish beige hue....nothing special. I've passed on it so many times thinking "Well its so plain, why would anyone buy it?" I was very wrong! It's very natural, perfect for a classic girl who doesn't want to look like she's wearing makeup. It doesn't overwhelm my face or look like I'm wearing blush. I'm loyal to MAC blushes. My favourite blush, Strada was discontinued two summers ago. It's been impossible to find a substitute. Blushbaby comes close even thought it isn't as pigmented as Strada. My mum and I are two different skin tones, she's more of an Olive skinned tone with a yellow undertone and I'm a NC25 (with a tan NC30/35) most of my blushes are way too much on my mom who likes to be more subtle and natural. So she purchased, Blushbaby! It looks great on her but as well on my skin tone which is lighter. I've been sneaking it for months now... it's the most amazing colour & since it is a sheertone it gives a hint of colour but it is so subtle that you really can't tell. You can build this up if you want more colour. I really adore this blush, I usually contour but since using Blushbaby I don't contour anymore. The blush on it's own is amazing. Gives you just an nice natural radiant colour. If you are new to makeup & blush give Blushbaby a try especially if you don't want to stand out. I had to purchase my own since my mom is away for the next 4 months & took it with her. I can't wait 4 months to use this, I needed it in my pro-palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by inndria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first MAC blush and totally fell in love with it!
I'm an NC30 asian and the color is so perfect for my everyday natural look. It gives me just the right amount of color on my cheeks.
I have very oily skin and sometimes a few dry patches, but like any other MAC products that i own, it won't accentuate those dry patches!

It has a matte finish so if i want to achieve a more shimmer or dewy look, i would dab a little liquid highlighter like high beam before applying the blush or simply apply glow powder over it.

However, due to the sheer color, i don't think it will suit people with much more darker color because they will not 'pop'. Also, if you're looking to achieve dramatic and bold look, this is not the blush for you.

The reason i won't repurchase is that the blush will last me a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not surprising most reviewers here are medium and warm-toned. I'm NW20 and have a lot of redness on my cheeks, but my foundation covers it pretty well. Anyway, it doesn't work on me. It's too ruddy and muddy! I wanted Blushbaby because it looked similar to my DIor 849, but Blushbaby definitely has more brown in it. The pinkness is barely visible as all that shows up, albeit still nude, is BROWN. Time for a refund!

P.S. As for the packaging I don't know why there are so many complaints. No mirror + no brush is fine with me. I actually like the simplistic packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No