August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To be honest this cleanser is quite mediocre at best and have since found better. The issue I have with this one is that even though I do have combo skin (that does get very oily in summer) I find that this one leaves me with a really tight dry feeling after using it and whilst I used to love that 'clean' feeling it really was making my skin go into 'oil production overdrive' to compensate. I must say though I do love the pump packaging, the price and the lather it provides but as I said earlier Neutrogena do make much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by KlaraEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

my face dried up instantly the next day. my lower lip was itching too.i even grew this ugly acne with disgusting white stuff coming out of it. i also got these allergy (i think) scars near both my eye. i instantly stopped. i am making a solemn promise to myself to never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't work very well for me, but my friend loves it. It helped clear up her acne and it really made her face much smoother, and less red and irritated.

For me, it just left my skin bare, and ugly feeling.

I hated it, she loved it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

it dries the skin pretty bad but i don't really mind since my skin is really oily either way. but it works wonders on the back. i usually use this for the body nowadays.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by atrovela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product a week ago and found that it really cleared my skin up. However, the past few days I've noticed flaking around the corners of my mouth and around my nose. I've also been experiencing some stinging on my face whenever I sweat during my workout. So now my skin is clear, but itchy and flaky. I'm pretty sure its the salicylic acid.

Any one know of any other deep cleaning cleansers that DON'T use salicylic acid? OR does anyone know of any product that will treat the flakiness around my nose and mouth?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A cleanser i used waaaay back in the days, and it made my then oily skin oilier. It leaves a squeaky clean feeling, skin feels a little tight. I had to stop using it 'cos I felt it was stripping my skin of all moisture and it didn't make me feeling comfortable after cleansing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have combo/oily skin esp on my tzone and around my nose. Neutrogena Deep Clean is very good at cleansing but way too harsh for my skin, especially in drier environments.

It completely dries my skin out - my cheeks, the area around my mouth, sides of forehead always need a good slathering of moisturizer after I use this cleanser. It removes make up relatively well but makes my face feel tight and dried out afterwards. I have had similar experiences with Clean and Clear morning burst and Cetaphil for normal to oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by theacnevenger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, it smells pleasant and lathers up very well. It doesn't dry out my skin and I use it like 3 times a day! My acne has really cleared up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason, my skin absolutely loves many of Neutrogena's products. I'm sure it would marry Neutrogena if it had the chance. Anyway, using Neutrogena Deep Clean a few times per week seems to have helped improve my skin a lot. This (which removes dead skin cells) combined with Garnier Moisture Rescue gel (which moisturizes, obviously) eliminated my winter dry flaky skin patches!

Reviews of cleansers are obviously subjective, but here's what the results were like for me. Unlike other cleansers, it leaves my skin feeling *completely* clean and free of makeup, and fresher with fewer dead skin cells, without causing dryness/tightness (I use moisturizer right after, though) or leaving behind a residue - not to mention not burning or breaking me out or otherwise irritating my skin. While hydroxy acid face creams typically burn my skin, apparently having them on my face in cleanser form is long enough for them to do their job and purify my skin a bit without irritating it.

It cleans better than Neutrogena's other cleanser I use, One-Step Gentle Cleanser, but I use that one more often because I don't want to push my luck with this product as it's not as gentle. Deep Clean cleanser contains salycilic acid and other harsh ingredients, and some here have said it dries out their non-oily skin. So far it has not irritated or dried out my skin, even though it is combination/prone to dryness in the winter; but again, I don't want to push my luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by NicTiffss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first tried this product, it dried out my skin sooo bad and made it so itchy, I was afraid I wasted my money. I read some of the reviews on here and some users we saying that you have to use it for more than a week to see results, (it took two weeks for me) and to get your skin used to the product. It worked! My skin looks flawless now, I love it. Although, it still tends to dry out my skin a bit, but its nothing a little lotion can't help!
Im happy with my purchase