Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 10/22/2011 2:04:00 PM

Ever since I discovered this cleanser, I have not looked back. This is my favourite cleanser by far.

Pros: does not dry out my skin (unlike the cleanser that treats acne), cleans my face very well (removes the oil and the bare minimum makeup that I put on), leaves my skin feeling soft

Cons: doesn't help treat the acne that broke out recently (not that it would considering its not an acne cleanser) and it is hard to get the remaining cleanser out once I reach the bottom (this is always an issue with this brand's cleanser in these types of bottles).

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging is great but the product inside the pretty bottle with a great dispenser is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness. For the first three days i really liked it because i could feel it cleaning into my skin & my skin felt soft BUT the fourth day it starting BURNING it still does sting my skin and i do have oily sensitive skin. Wow it stings so bad that even after like a few hours my face is sensitive to the touch. Also hurts when i put on my moisturizer afterwards because it stings.

on 9/3/2011 4:30:00 AM

This is my everyday cleanser. You only need a little and it lathers up really well. It takes off all my makeup and helps control my breakouts. It does dry my skin a bit so I have to use a moisturizer after.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For some reason the packaging of this bottle made me really want to buy it, but the cliche of 'don't judge a book by it's cover' really runs true here. This is just waaaay too drying. I would use a minimal amount of this in my palm and once it was all washed off my face felt horribly tight and uncomfortable - completely stripped of moisture. I only used this on nights when I had a shower with a full face of makeup, because it's so damn drying that it took it all off for me. It's an okay cleanser, but I wouldn't ever buy it again knowing how tight it made my face feel. There's a difference between a clean face and a dry one.

I remember using this once a couple years ago, and hating it. It didn't help with the acne, infact it made it worse and dried out my oily skin. Don't buy this, it's cheap.

on 7/22/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

To be honest this cleanser is quite mediocre at best and have since found better. The issue I have with this one is that even though I do have combo skin (that does get very oily in summer) I find that this one leaves me with a really tight dry feeling after using it and whilst I used to love that 'clean' feeling it really was making my skin go into 'oil production overdrive' to compensate. I must say though I do love the pump packaging, the price and the lather it provides but as I said earlier Neutrogena do make much better.

on 7/15/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my face dried up instantly the next day. my lower lip was itching too.i even grew this ugly acne with disgusting white stuff coming out of it. i also got these allergy (i think) scars near both my eye. i instantly stopped. i am making a solemn promise to myself to never buy this again.

on 7/13/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Didn't work very well for me, but my friend loves it. It helped clear up her acne and it really made her face much smoother, and less red and irritated.

For me, it just left my skin bare, and ugly feeling.

I hated it, she loved it.

on 6/15/2011 9:27:00 PM

it dries the skin pretty bad but i don't really mind since my skin is really oily either way. but it works wonders on the back. i usually use this for the body nowadays.

on 6/15/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this product a week ago and found that it really cleared my skin up. However, the past few days I've noticed flaking around the corners of my mouth and around my nose. I've also been experiencing some stinging on my face whenever I sweat during my workout. So now my skin is clear, but itchy and flaky. I'm pretty sure its the salicylic acid.

Any one know of any other deep cleaning cleansers that DON'T use salicylic acid? OR does anyone know of any product that will treat the flakiness around my nose and mouth?