Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/29/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Thought this would work on my oily acne prone skin, but unfortunately all it did was give me dry patches. Didn't like it, will not repurchase. As a matter of fact I returned back to Target and got my good old Cetaphil instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For cleaning its pretty good, but for acne it does nothing really, but I can't complain because it isn't specifically an 'acne' cleanser. It helps maintain a little bit, but if you forget or don't wash your face for 1 time, it totally comes back at you with an annoying breakout. I will continue to use it until i get to the bottom of the bottle because I am not a waster, but I won't rebuy at all.

on 11/3/2011 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this cleanser a long while ago for the hot summer days when my combination/normal skin tends to produce massive amounts of oil and sweat. It felt harsh and stripped my face of ALL oils, leaving my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable with dry and itchy patches.

I would have given this cleanser a rating of 2, but now I've discovered a good use for it.

It's perfect for removing my make-up at the end of the day, along with my sunscreen and silicon-filled primer. It cuts through the "budge-proof" make-up in one go, leaving my face clean without the harsh, "stripped" feeling.

I don't use this every day, so it might be too harsh to use as an everyday makeup remover. I probably won't re-purchase this cleanser, but I'm glad to find a good use for this product.

on 10/22/2011 2:04:00 PM

Ever since I discovered this cleanser, I have not looked back. This is my favourite cleanser by far.

Pros: does not dry out my skin (unlike the cleanser that treats acne), cleans my face very well (removes the oil and the bare minimum makeup that I put on), leaves my skin feeling soft

Cons: doesn't help treat the acne that broke out recently (not that it would considering its not an acne cleanser) and it is hard to get the remaining cleanser out once I reach the bottom (this is always an issue with this brand's cleanser in these types of bottles).

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging is great but the product inside the pretty bottle with a great dispenser is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness. For the first three days i really liked it because i could feel it cleaning into my skin & my skin felt soft BUT the fourth day it starting BURNING it still does sting my skin and i do have oily sensitive skin. Wow it stings so bad that even after like a few hours my face is sensitive to the touch. Also hurts when i put on my moisturizer afterwards because it stings.

on 9/3/2011 4:30:00 AM

This is my everyday cleanser. You only need a little and it lathers up really well. It takes off all my makeup and helps control my breakouts. It does dry my skin a bit so I have to use a moisturizer after.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For some reason the packaging of this bottle made me really want to buy it, but the cliche of 'don't judge a book by it's cover' really runs true here. This is just waaaay too drying. I would use a minimal amount of this in my palm and once it was all washed off my face felt horribly tight and uncomfortable - completely stripped of moisture. I only used this on nights when I had a shower with a full face of makeup, because it's so damn drying that it took it all off for me. It's an okay cleanser, but I wouldn't ever buy it again knowing how tight it made my face feel. There's a difference between a clean face and a dry one.

I remember using this once a couple years ago, and hating it. It didn't help with the acne, infact it made it worse and dried out my oily skin. Don't buy this, it's cheap.

on 7/22/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

To be honest this cleanser is quite mediocre at best and have since found better. The issue I have with this one is that even though I do have combo skin (that does get very oily in summer) I find that this one leaves me with a really tight dry feeling after using it and whilst I used to love that 'clean' feeling it really was making my skin go into 'oil production overdrive' to compensate. I must say though I do love the pump packaging, the price and the lather it provides but as I said earlier Neutrogena do make much better.

on 7/15/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my face dried up instantly the next day. my lower lip was itching too.i even grew this ugly acne with disgusting white stuff coming out of it. i also got these allergy (i think) scars near both my eye. i instantly stopped. i am making a solemn promise to myself to never buy this again.