September 16, 2014 | 1175 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Mad5ison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for almost forever. My first liquid foundation, it covered decently very build able. Now the quality, ehh. I'd have to powder heavily to make sure I wasn't oily midday. Or I'd have to blot. Which no girl really can find time to do at school. The packaging didn't bother me. It didn't have a weird smell. Although I had some issues with it I still use it. It didn't do anything for my oily skin now acne it had build able coverage. I could use this alone with out any concealer if needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by vintagealavogue

I was battling some sort of acne, and it was to the point where I was embarrassed to go out or to not wear make up at all while going places.

I decided to try it because I heard clinique has very good products and because it was within my budget.

I had also visited a dermatologist before buying it. I have oily skin and what he explained to me is that the oils and bacteria are what causes the face to get irritated and clogged causing a pimple or black head, he did recommend a product but i only used samples of it for two weeks, he also said since i have oily skin; to use a soap, in my case I used dove soap for sensitive skin when i would wake up and when i would go to sleep.

although that helped, i started using acne solutions and my skin has never looked better or felt better!

I feel like everything I did had an impact on my now clear skin but I feel like this foundation calmed my skin down. A month after I purchased MACs Prep + Prime natural radiance base visage which works better on oily skin, has vitamins and works well for deeper skin tones (which fit my description)

I would buy it again maybe if I was breaking out again like crazy!

I am now looking into different foundations since my face isnt as oily as it used to be and is now clear of acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by amyzzing23

I just bought this foundation because I've heard great reviews and I have acne prone skin. My acne is not near as bad as it was when I was a teenager but I normally have 3-4 small or large zits most of the time.

So I put this on last night before going to a friends house.
What I noticed about it is that it has great coverage. I put it on and I had about 4 painful small zits and it actually made them feel better. However I feel like it doesn't blend in with my skin very well, I used a blending brush and the color was kind of brownish. Im going to keep trying it and see if I like it better once I get used to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Jenny1217

I have been using this product for about two years now, and at first I had a love hate relationship with this foundation. I really love the coverage its buildable and hides imperfections surprisingly well. Its not thick like other medium coverage foundations and it applies smooth. My only problem with it was that because of the salicylic acid it oxidizes so by mid day I would have an orange face! BUT I learned to deal with this issue after some time, I apply a thin layer of moisturizer (Clininque - dramatically different moisturizing gel) you can read my review on that, and lastly instead of setting it with the mattifying powder I set it with Clinique superpower double face in a shade lighter than my skin tone! This has helped keep the orange away plus adds extra coverage that I need. Overall this foundation works well with my skin, it helps control my break outs and gives a great coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by 2fit2quit3456

For me this makeup did not work with my skin but i do not think it's a poor made makeup. This foundation lacked everything that i'm looking for in a makeup: extreme coverage, moisture, and long lasting wear. It did make my face look smooth and shiny and i did receive compliments about how 'glowy' my face looked. My friend purchased the same makeup and absolutely loved it so i suppose it's all preference.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by gnosj

I used this mask last year for a few months before my wedding just before Winter and my skin broke out in red rashes/stung a few minutes after I had the foundation on. It did a good job covering, smooth, easy to apply - love their foundation brush! But I wish there was a gentle version of this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Gracieeey

After battling acne for a long time, I started using this - it was great for a newcomer to liquid foundations! Not finicky at all: easy to apply using fingers, dried fairly quickly to a matte powdery finish, didn't really need a primer underneath (moisturizer was plenty). I have combination skin, with dry cheeks and an oilier T-zone, and this lasted ALL DAY with a little bit of powder. I also do think this helped keep acne away, and maybe helped existing blemishes. At the very least, I didn't feel so bad about leaving it on too long. Coverage was medium but buildable - it didn't cover my dark spots all that well though.

Not recommended for dry skin; it is quite drying. I've switched to Kat von D's Tattoo Lock-It foundation (awesome full coverage without breakouts!) since acne medications left my skin extremely dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does not last on the skin, turns greasy quickly! Did nothing for acne. Light to medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ubetcha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect for oily break out prone skin. I have fought with acne my whole life and have oily skin and I am constantly finding that while many don't make my break outs worse, they do seem to clog my pores. This foundation seems to actually help me skin and I don't get any clogged pores from it. It lasts all day and I like the coverage. Clinque formerly made this product and I tried it and it was too thick, but they have reformulated it and now I love it. I LOVE this foundation and what it does for my skin. I have used just about every oil free foundation out there, even Chanel and if you are break out prone this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a good year now it's perfect in the summer time if you have very oily skin because it does have somewhat of a drying affect I can't say that it has helped or prevented break outs but I can say it has not caused them love this line