MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 9/2/2006 5:50:00 PM

This is beautiful! Highly pigmented but natural looking. This also helps makes yellow teeth look whiter.

on 8/28/2006 12:31:00 AM

I got this lipglass shade to wear as a bridesmaid to a wedding. It has a nice bronze shimmer, and it lasted quite long. I did notice that I got little white marks at the edges of my lips (like all mac lipglasses). I found it kind of difficult to match with the rest of my makeup, I dont get to wear it often. It doesnt exactly compliment my olive skin either. I do highly recommend VivaGlamV though, it's more subtle.

on 7/2/2006 5:41:00 PM

This is a great plum-tome lip gloss that's not too dark and not too light. I wanted something for everyday that added some color and accentuated my lips without drawing all attention to my lips. The MAC salesperson suggested this color and it's awesome. I specifically wanted a thicker gloss, which this one is. It's not sheer but it is alos not super pigmented so it does not look like lipstick. Wears well.

on 6/22/2006 12:25:00 PM

A lovely, subtle lightly plummy colour with golden undertones. It's not too glossy or fake, and wears pretty well. My only complaint with glosses is that my hair gets stuck on my lips...yuck! This colour is great day or night, and is complimentary on my pale yellowy skin and dark hair. It's not to obvious, yet makes my lips look nice and full. The vanilla scent is yummy. Definitely a good gloss investment! Very versatile colour and sheen.

on 5/16/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovechild is a great plummy color with gold tones. I can wear it as an everyday color if applued lightly or I can turn up the intensity by applying it more heavily. My skintone is NC35 and it's the perfect shade of plum for me.

on 4/6/2006 9:26:00 PM

Lovechild is described as a "coppered plum" I would say its a Dark plummy rose with gold shimmer. It's a lovely color, and very pigmented. Even applying lightly, or just adding a dab and spreading with a lip brush, the color is intense. Because of this I don't wear it often, but I do use it sometimes and would repurchace. Lipglasses are thick and long lasting. I'm usually not a fan of sticky glosses, but I've often heard these described as sticky, and I find them very comfortable to wear.

UPDATE: I poured a sample size DuWop Venom Flash in Silver into this and mixed it up and it turned into a lovely coppery/rose color that I now use often.

on 3/17/2006 5:06:00 PM

Lovechild would have to be one of my favorite colors from MAC lipglasses. I'm asian--light/medium/olive skin tones--with slight mauve/pink pigment on my lips....and I must say that Lovechild is the perfect lip color enhancer of my natural lip tone. It just adds a bit of shimmer to them and it's not too sheer or too pigmented. It allows my natural color to show through.It also looks great when you layer it with other lipglasses....I like combinding it with Nico or Nymphette.

I have received tons of compliments when I combine Lovechild and Cultured together. I apply Lovechild first and then Cultured over....it's sooo beautiful...I recommend trying it out!!!!

on 3/4/2006 2:48:00 PM

When I saw the dark mauve color of this gloss (in the tube) I was sure it wouldn't flatter me at all. (I'm a light skinned blond with green eyes.) However, the color doesn't look dramatic at all. It actually brightens up my face and looks natural. I was shocked that the color lasts hours without reapplying. Even when the shine runs out -- my lips still have a pretty stain. I don't get that icky ring that I do with MAC's lighter lipglasses so I'm glad I gave lipglasses another try!

on 2/12/2006 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is one of my favourite shades of Lipglass. I love the little flecks of gold in Lovechild.. it is such a pretty colour! It lasts for hours and it has a pleasant scent. Lovechild is just a bit more plum-coloured than my natural lip colour.. it is very flattering with my fair skin and adds some drama!

on 2/9/2006 10:50:00 AM

This shade looks good on almost anyone, but you have to try it on to figure that out, it has a slightly gray cast in the tube but goes on sheer plum with subtle copper shimmer.

Recommended for Medium Skin