August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by BDGURL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. I got the green trio, even though I have brown eyes, because of all the fun colors. I got it for 7.98 + tax CDN from walmart. It is "dirt cheap" compared to my estee lauder gel liner, and you do get more for your buck.

It's pretty amazing, the color glides on smoothly, and you can just use the brush that comes with the pack.
i do think it's a good investment, especially for 8 something dollars. I wouldn't get the other ones, because they have brown and black, whereas this has two fun colors, green and purple (looks blue to me).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by paet06

I have this for green eyes and it's great. I love the colors which are purple, green and black. They look great with my eye color and apply well. I use a liner brush to apply them and they stay in place. This is a great value, three eyeliners that will take forever to go through) for about $10. The only downfall will be if they dry out, but only time will tell with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite a fan of these little gems! Literally, the colors are vibrant, quite opaque, and they go on nice and smooth. They have come out with quite a few collections, regular and glam. I haven't been disappointed with any of them so far. Staying power is great, they don't smudge, migrate, or budge until you take it off. Considering you get 3 liners and a brush for approx $12 this is a steal! I only buy them when they are on sale at CVS, last sale was 40% off, which made them a fantastic buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG drugstore eyeliner. I have the set for brown eyes, which consists of black (supposedly with purple shimmer), purple and brown. I started out using Maybelline's but prefer a softer texture by miles. If I were to compare this to something else, it would be Bobbi Brown's gel liner. This liner, like Bobbi Brown's, is very soft and pliable. You do have to make precise and quick lines because it is so creamy and quick to dry. It is pretty easy to work with on the whole. A great brush is key to a perfect application. I'd prefer round packaging instead of square, but that's small potatoes. An excellent product at a good price. (You get three in one!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jenniphifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading through reviews for a few different eyeliners here on MUA, I decided to try these out and I am SO glad I did.
I suffer from BAD seasonal allergies and never seem to remember not to rub or touch my eyes when they get itchy and watery, but these eyeliners stay on regardless. I can put them on in the morning, and they are still looking great in the evening.
The liner glides on perfectly. I even use the brush that came with the trio. I love gel liners because you can get a sharp liquid liner look with them or blend them out a bit for a softer or smokier look. If there is one tiny downside to these however, it's that you have to blend quickly if you want to soften these up b/c it sets up fast.
The price is great considering you get three different liners for about ten bucks. I also love how the liners snap together which makes them easy to keep up with, or you can take them apart and just throw the one you need in your makeup bag.
I purchased the trio for brown eyes, but I will definitely be purchasing more. I cannot say enough how much I love these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I absolutely love these eyeliners. I do not love the purple, but I do love the black. They are very pigmented and I have no problem with smudging. I got mine on sale for 2 dollars and some change. I only own two other kind of gel liners (mac, and wet n wild) I love the mac, but it is expensive, and the wet n wild is okay but it is so hard to clean my brush after using. This comes with three eyeliners and the quality is so great. I cannot find a better deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JadedRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No other product has lasted on my eyes from 6AM-10PM without smudging or transferrring to my crease. I had given up hope on any kind of eyeliner working for me (pencil, liquid, powder) when I discovered this product. I never purchase PF products because their cost seems to prohibitive for a drugstore line, but you are getting 3 almost full size liners for about $3 each! I own the set for brown eyes, and the brown liner is my daily HG.

The liners glide on ultra smoothly and really do last all day. I'm used to looking in the mirror in the afternoon and seeing eyeliner smudged everywhere, but not anymore! The line is as clean as it was when I applied it in the morning. Plus, it easily removes with my facial cleanser. The only thing I need to be careful about is applying it near the outer corners of my eyes -- ANYTHING (this includes concealer, foundation, primer, etc) I apply there smudges and runs anyway, so it isn't the products fault..

Seriously, if you need a liner that lasts all day, through workouts, crying and naturally oily lids, RUN to buy this liner. Don't worry about the whole coordinating colors for eyes thing -- just buy the set with the colors you like. The black and brown are fabulous, basic liners and the 3rd "fun" color is just icing on the cake.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the brown eyes set:

The brown color is creamy and lovely. The black flakes onto my cheeks when applying and starts to crumble and crack if I do manage to get it on sufficiently. The purple is streaky and not pigmented. Also suffers from the flaking problem.

I might repurchase for the brown, it's REALLY nice, but probably not. I don't use gel liner that often. I recommend the PF Eye Booster pen liner over this. It's my HG and use it daily. PF has hits and misses, but overall this brand always surprises me with quality items. I use a few of their face powders/bronzers in my every day routine as well.

TLDR: Brown is a hit, black and purple are misses. I tossed those two.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

I have never tried this brand. A coworker showed me hers and I had to have it! The brush took some getting used to - I currently have been using a pencil liner from Revlon - but went on easy. I am actually thinking it is easier than a pencil! The colors for my eye color (green) were pretty. My husband said he noticed something different, but couldn't figure out what it was.Stated I "looked naturally pretty more than usual" :)

I used the green on top and purple on bottom eyelids. NO SMUDGING after six hours!

Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to buy this at first because the last time I saw it in CVS, it was around $13. After searching high and low for an alternative, I caved and got this one. Luckily they were on sale this time, so I ended up getting it for $9.

I was skeptical of the staying power of these but they really do last, even on the water line. I wore the brown one today and after 12 or so hours, it's faded a little but still there. The included brush is nice, and the liner itself is smooth and creamy. It glides on easily, though the purple one needs to be built up for the color to really show.

Overall, definitely worth buying.