December 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JeffysMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've apparently been living under a rock, since I'd never heard of a Gel CreamLiner. I bought the Eyeliner Trio for hazel eyes since that was the style of applicator I was used too. Major mistake - bad product. But I really liked the color of the Taupe pencil, which I found very flattering. So I bought the Gel CreamLiner for hazel eyes. Excellent! The product goes on smoothly in a fine line using the brush PF gives you. And it stays put. I wore it overnight on purpose, and the second day it still looked fresh (after I flicked away about 3 flakes). A little difficult to remove, but I think that's me, since I don't actually have eye makeup remover, just regular mild facial cleansers. I love the Taupe color (which is why I bought this) and the black is also fine. Didn't know it had purple speckles until I read about them in a review. Yup, they're there, but not very obvious or annoying. Perhaps I should read reviews before rather than after purchases. The jury is still out on the pink shade - a little on the bizarre side for me. Overall, this looks like a winner to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even my bf's MUA teacher aunt was impressed by these, she usually snubs drugstore makeup. I got a set for brow eyes even though mine are blue because I actually needed a brown liner and got a black and pretty purple as an added bonus IMO! For $10 CAD on sale at SDM? I say that's a steal. Considering I purchased it with my points, I can say it's the smartest purchase I made this year as the liner stays put on my super oily lids, applies evenly (I use an angled flat brush, toss that thing the kit comes with :P) and it does last all day, even in heat. 4 lippies because getting it off is a bit of a nuisance, even with oil-based removers although it's worth mentioning that despite their strong staying power, these liners don't irritate my sensitive eyes. They dry almost instantly so take that into consideration if your application technique requires correction. Love the stackable packaging, saves me from rummaging through my purse like a rabid raccoon. I'm thinking of purchasing the rest of the collection as it would supply me with various gel liners of good quality without putting a whole in my wallet.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dunno how or with what the liners were applied in the sample pictures but I did not find the same payoff. I tried two different sets, the Hazel Glam Trio and the Green Eye Trio. Hazel had a gold, taupy purple, and a black with gold flecks where the Green had forest green, a purple blue, and black with green flecks. Pretty colors, but none of them show up on my NC20 skin. I mean, you have to THICKLY apply it if you want it to show, and definitely not with the brush that comes with the package. The Glam trio was the worst; the gold and taupy color was barely colors...more of a sparkle base. The black is less than black, more of a graphite. The Green Trio was better but definitely not bright or brilliant...just mediocre. I don't reeally know how people line with these. The best I can use them for is a cream eyeshadow...maybe. I got them at $3 a pop so whatever, but for the $13, heck no.

The only good thing is that once these dry, they dry and stay. But still not on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by BDGURL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. I got the green trio, even though I have brown eyes, because of all the fun colors. I got it for 7.98 + tax CDN from walmart. It is "dirt cheap" compared to my estee lauder gel liner, and you do get more for your buck.

It's pretty amazing, the color glides on smoothly, and you can just use the brush that comes with the pack.
i do think it's a good investment, especially for 8 something dollars. I wouldn't get the other ones, because they have brown and black, whereas this has two fun colors, green and purple (looks blue to me).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by paet06

I have this for green eyes and it's great. I love the colors which are purple, green and black. They look great with my eye color and apply well. I use a liner brush to apply them and they stay in place. This is a great value, three eyeliners that will take forever to go through) for about $10. The only downfall will be if they dry out, but only time will tell with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm quite a fan of these little gems! Literally, the colors are vibrant, quite opaque, and they go on nice and smooth. They have come out with quite a few collections, regular and glam. I haven't been disappointed with any of them so far. Staying power is great, they don't smudge, migrate, or budge until you take it off. Considering you get 3 liners and a brush for approx $12 this is a steal! I only buy them when they are on sale at CVS, last sale was 40% off, which made them a fantastic buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG drugstore eyeliner. I have the set for brown eyes, which consists of black (supposedly with purple shimmer), purple and brown. I started out using Maybelline's but prefer a softer texture by miles. If I were to compare this to something else, it would be Bobbi Brown's gel liner. This liner, like Bobbi Brown's, is very soft and pliable. You do have to make precise and quick lines because it is so creamy and quick to dry. It is pretty easy to work with on the whole. A great brush is key to a perfect application. I'd prefer round packaging instead of square, but that's small potatoes. An excellent product at a good price. (You get three in one!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jenniphifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading through reviews for a few different eyeliners here on MUA, I decided to try these out and I am SO glad I did.
I suffer from BAD seasonal allergies and never seem to remember not to rub or touch my eyes when they get itchy and watery, but these eyeliners stay on regardless. I can put them on in the morning, and they are still looking great in the evening.
The liner glides on perfectly. I even use the brush that came with the trio. I love gel liners because you can get a sharp liquid liner look with them or blend them out a bit for a softer or smokier look. If there is one tiny downside to these however, it's that you have to blend quickly if you want to soften these up b/c it sets up fast.
The price is great considering you get three different liners for about ten bucks. I also love how the liners snap together which makes them easy to keep up with, or you can take them apart and just throw the one you need in your makeup bag.
I purchased the trio for brown eyes, but I will definitely be purchasing more. I cannot say enough how much I love these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I absolutely love these eyeliners. I do not love the purple, but I do love the black. They are very pigmented and I have no problem with smudging. I got mine on sale for 2 dollars and some change. I only own two other kind of gel liners (mac, and wet n wild) I love the mac, but it is expensive, and the wet n wild is okay but it is so hard to clean my brush after using. This comes with three eyeliners and the quality is so great. I cannot find a better deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JadedRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No other product has lasted on my eyes from 6AM-10PM without smudging or transferrring to my crease. I had given up hope on any kind of eyeliner working for me (pencil, liquid, powder) when I discovered this product. I never purchase PF products because their cost seems to prohibitive for a drugstore line, but you are getting 3 almost full size liners for about $3 each! I own the set for brown eyes, and the brown liner is my daily HG.

The liners glide on ultra smoothly and really do last all day. I'm used to looking in the mirror in the afternoon and seeing eyeliner smudged everywhere, but not anymore! The line is as clean as it was when I applied it in the morning. Plus, it easily removes with my facial cleanser. The only thing I need to be careful about is applying it near the outer corners of my eyes -- ANYTHING (this includes concealer, foundation, primer, etc) I apply there smudges and runs anyway, so it isn't the products fault..

Seriously, if you need a liner that lasts all day, through workouts, crying and naturally oily lids, RUN to buy this liner. Don't worry about the whole coordinating colors for eyes thing -- just buy the set with the colors you like. The black and brown are fabulous, basic liners and the 3rd "fun" color is just icing on the cake.