Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

on 6/3/2014 1:21:00 PM

I only bought the sample size of this mask because I had heard soooooo many great things about it from the beauty gurus on You Tube. And I have blonde hair so of course it is damaged from the bleach and the flat iron and the curling iron, and the everyday trauma you put on your hair, it just needed some help! The sample size was around $5 and I got 2 really good uses out of it, and OMG this stuff is AMAZING!!!! My hair has NEVER felt so soft and smelled great. While I am sure it takes more than 2 uses to see the results of your hair getting healthier, but I shall see them soon I will be purchasing the full size bottle of this stuff, I cringe at the $40 price tag but this stuff is worth it!

Beautiful product

The packaging is great, smells good, made my bleached hair feel healthy again.

I will be back!

Little pricey but a little goes a long way!

on 5/29/2014 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a big fan of WEN hair care but every once in a while I like to change it up due to my crappy hair getting used to products and then they will stop working for me. I noticed my hair became very dry from all the back combing and root lifting products I've been using. I wanted a good weekly hair treatment mask. This is a good hair treatment. It's very thick yet slimy but it soaks into the hair well. I like the fruity fresh smell. It made my hair soft but it still felt clean. I prefer the WEN hair mask to this product but the WEN hair mask is $58 and you get half the product. I think this is a cheaper alternative. Overall, I'm happy with the results.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Almost everyone knows of this product. If you've never tried it before, I promise you it's worth all the hype.
After using this about once every one or two weeks, my hair feels as good as it does right after I get it professionally done.
The packaging is cute but sometimes hard to use in the shower. That should not be a reason to not buy this!
This is worth every penny!

on 5/23/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The only conditioner I will ever use! Since i started straightening and curling my hair about 5 years ago its become noticeably limp and thin and hard to get a shine to it, until i discovered this baby!! My hair has never been so soft and it stays soft for up to 5 days. I've also noticed my hair has been growing longer aswell which is just an added bonus! LOVE IT!

on 5/12/2014 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Biggest waste of money. It doesn't do anything for me that a regular conditioner wouldn't do, and actually I think it does a worse job. After a couple days my hair seems even more dry. I bought this at Ulta so it's authentic.

I purchased this because I used an awful box hair dye to go back to my natural hair color (dark brown), and it completely destroyed my hair. My hair felt more damaged than when I dyed it lighter. (This was clariol natural instincts VIBRANT - don't ever use this). So my hair is very dry now, and I needed something to give it moisture.

The conditioner pack they include in hair dyes works 10x better than this product did for me. I am so disappointed I bought into the hype and wasted 33 dollars on this garbage. Coconut oil is a much better conditioner, and you can buy a jar of that, organic, for a third of the cost. Save your money people.

on 5/11/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This product is absolutely amazing. It has turned my frizzy, damaged hair into silky, shiny, and manageable with just one use. You really only need to use it once a week and it leaves a lasting impression. I've used this product for two years and my hair has been growing longer and stronger with every use. Within the two years I've only needed to buy the product about four times, so it's definitely worth it. I hate spending a lot of money on products that are probably just as good drug store wise but NOTHING works like this. This product is pricey. It costs $35 at ULTA but the great thing is that it lasts me about 6 months. And that's me using generous amounts in my hair. Sometimes I don't even have to do it once a week, I sometimes do it one every two weeks. I really recommend this product to anyone having some hair issues and they need an immediate pick me up.
It's definitely worth the money!

Also, if you're a little skeptical about buying it ULTA sells samples of the actual product for about $5. But I promise you.. You'll just end up buying the big tube after just one try.

on 4/11/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've seen a lot of fake versions of this product being sold online and at various unauthorized retailers, esp. eBay and Amazon. The knock-offs are so widely distributed that I've even seen online beauty bloggers and vloggers review the fake version as the real. I just wanted to clarify the difference between the authentic formula and the knock-offs. You can read the other glowing posts about the wonders of this product for a more in-depth review. If other versions this product have been working for you, that's great. I don't discourage you from saving a few dollars. Use what works.

The real, original version is a super thick, super pearlescent beige with a slight peach tone in under some lights. It has a strong fruity scent that smells similar to many other shampoos. When I hold a full, fresh pot of this stuff upside down, it doesn't move. The product has a extra lid on the inside and the container is not originally sealed in plastic film. It usually runs about $33 USD. I would be skeptical of anything significantly cheaper but you might be able to find some deals through salons.

Other versions of this product, from what I've seen first-hand at unauthorized retailers and from online reviews, is thinner, milkier, and whiter. It is not as pearlescent or not pearlescent at all. It usually leans between white, off-white and beige. It doesn't smell as fruity. Some describe it as an "earthy" rather than bold fruity scent. It is usually runnier (anything runny or thin should be an automatic red flag). I'm not sure if Macadamia changed the formula but I can tell you this is not the same as the most current version (as of the date of this review).

I purchase my Deep Repair Masque directly from an ULTA store. I would only purchase this product directly from the Macadamia Natural Oil website or from the authorized salons and distributors they have listed on the company's website if you want minimize your risks of getting a bad or fake product. Macadamia states on their website: "Avoid purchasing any Macadamia Natural Oil™ products from unauthorized retailers. Unauthorized retailers may include but are not limited to: drugstores, grocery stores, auction websites, discount outlets, or any other retailer that is not an authorized salon or professional beauty establishment." If my descriptions don't seem accurate, purchase one from Macadamia and do a comparison to make sure it's not a knock-off.

on 4/8/2014 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have very thin damaged and brittle, frizzy hair. This treatment made my hair feel and appear thicker and healthier. It made my hair manageable and all around very healthy looking. The only reason I gave this a 4 is because it's expensive . Just for a 1 time sample size it was $5. I would buy this again though.

on 4/7/2014 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great moisturizer. It does contain silicones- so it's not good for curly hair method, but I'll use it because it leaves your hair sooo soft. it is expensive, so that is another drawback, but when i have used it my hair is left silky, soft and shinny. I don't think it builds up and I have owned the regular size and used it as a regular conditioner, couple of times a week. I have dry, coarse 3a curls for reference.