December 21, 2014 | 1727 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Natalie092

I'll preface this review by saying that I don't review ANYTHING...like ever. Part of it is because of laziness, and part if it is because I've never really loved a product enough to sit down and take 5 minutes of my life to write a review.

But THIS.

Man. This is a great product. For reference, I have very long thick curly hair. I bought this masque in hopes that it would make my hair more hydrated. Well, boy was I ever impressed. I put this in my hair while in the shower (after shampooing & conditioning). I let my hair sit in a bun at the top of my head while I continued showering (i.e., body wash & exfoliating). I decided I'd leave it in my hair for a bit longer so I got out of the shower and did what I needed to do. After about 20-30 mins, I washed this out with COLD water. When I finished, I legit couldn't stop touching my hair. I was REALLY impressed at how shiny and soft my curls were. I followed up with the Macadamia Leave-in Conditioner & my usual gel. Since I use gel on my hair, it tends to dry it out immensely, but this masque has helped my hair with hydration and it doesn't hurt that this product smells pretty good!

As for the other reviews about this product making their hair feel like straw...I didn't get this at all. My hair felt extremely soft and moisturized. To those who experienced this, I would recommend leaving it in as long as possible....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I like this conditioner. I got mine at JCPenney with a coupon. So price was ok. Made my hair soft and hydrated. Smells good. Easy to use. You don't have to leave it on for too long unless you want to. The jar is just ok. Especially in the shower. Tube or pump would be better. Upside to jar is that you do get all the product out. I would buy this again. I like a lot of products from this line. They perform as promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Melldy

I bought this deep hair repair mask after reading great reviews and having it recommended to me by a hairdresser. I have recently bleached blonde hair that is damaged.
I spent $49.99 on this product and I am very dissappointed to say the least.
It made my hair rougher and after only treating it once i found some of my hair was falling out. I tryed it a couple more times using less of the product and the same thing happend.
The only good thiing about this product is the smell!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is bleached and over processed and after reading so many great reviews I bought this hoping it would make my hair look healthier. I've tried using it in all sorts of methods like heating it, leaving it for a few minutes, leaving it overnight and other experiments but no, it did not repair or improved my hair Health. It did nourish my hair very thoroughly, leaving my hair soft, shiny, smooth and straighter than usual. I think calling it a "deep repair" mask is misleading, it certainly moisturizes and smoothes out the hair, but it does nothing to improve or even conceal damage. It's a really good mask for dry hair, but not for hair that's in a worse condition, and if your hair is frizzy, don't even think about it, it would probably make it worse. I'll continue using it as an additional treatment just because I don't want to waste it, but I'm very disappointed in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Jstephy439

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw/heard people raving about this product...so I went to ulta and saw the price tag and walked away! It was $33 and too expensive for me. Later that week, I went to target and saw it for $29.99..so I went to target online at they sell it for $17.99!! My package arrived about two days ago and let me tell you this product is worth the $33 dollars!!!! Wow!! The package is cute, pump would be better in the shower but other than that it's cute. Te smell is heavenly, I wouldn't say a coconut smell but something floral, I can't put my finger on it. The texture is soft like a cream but even better. As soon as I put it in my hair it was instantly soft and felt already better. Now my hair before this prodcut was in pretty good shape, I maintain trims, I use heat protective products, wash 3 times a week, not overly dry or anything...now it is even better. It is shiny, the smell of the product stays in my hair, it is soooooo soft, easy to manage and work with. I swear this is holy grail, of holy grails!!! Go get you some, seriously......it will change your life.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by MayaMartinez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for the LONGEST time. I constantly hesitated due to the price. So many people were rating highly of this product and I just thought, "Could this really be that awesome?" The answer; YES! One day out of the blue, I went to CVS to buy my best friend a Christmas gift and I picked it up. Don't think, just buy! Boy were my instincts right! The smell is a delicious coconut; like heaven in a container! You really should add a fairly decent amount and comb it through your fingers. Your hair will feel like pure silk! It'll last you quite a while. Probably two containers a year. Worth every penny! I've used it about 4-5 times and have already noticed a slight change with the feel of my hair! Make sure you are using it consistently so your hair keeps its health and shine. Packaging is cute and the little white tab can be annoying to try to take out in the shower; due to it being slippery. You should just throw that out. The consistency is very thick and goopy, but a nice thick and goopy. If that makes sense! I think I've covered everything. All in all, I love it and I will continue to buy it again and again. If you're unsure like I was, don't be. You'll love it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by beecky

amazing product ! Before this I was using moroccanoil's intense hydrating mask, which I decided to purchase over this one. Big mistake ! The moroccanoil certainly wasn't blowing me away an seemed to do very little for my hair. Very disappointed and $40 down the drain, I went to shoppers to buy this as I heard wonderful things about it and had been eyeing it for awhile. Best decision I ever made for my hair ! Detangles wonderfully, spreads evenly, coats the hair in moisture and really penetrates to smooth your hair. I am extremely impressed by this product. I've used every single brand of deep conditioner you could imagine and this one is definitely the best. Better than joico, moroccanoil, redken, pantene (which is surprisingly nice), bedhead/catwalk, you name it. This also smells great, and the smell actually lingers I'm your hair. When I rinsed it out my hair felt silky, and felt that way after it was dry and flat ironed. Its silkier and more healthy feeling then it's felt in months thanks to this mask. It is expensive but absolutely worth it !! HG deep conditioner, and 100% repurchase !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this once so it may be to early to tell but I did enjoy my first use. It doesn't leave my hair heavy/greasy but hydrates well. The smell is light, although I was hoping for a more nutty smell given the name of the product. It is a very good product. Probably the best mask/conditioner I've tried in a while. Now for the cons - really not liking the jar packaging. When taking a shower, I feel like I need to be extra careful so as not to get any water into the jar. I wish it came in a squeeze tube instead. Also, for $32 CAD, it's quite steep!!!! But if I'm still liking the product after using half the jar, I'm repurchasing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I LOVE this face mask so much! It's does absolute wonders for my hair! It makes it so so soft and I literally don't have ANY split ends anymore after using it for three uses and it makes my hair smell AMAZING! A lot of people compliment me on the smell of it!! Defiantly worth the price!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

This is an okay mask - the scent is nice, the packaging cute (but would be better in tube or with a pump) and it conditions decently. However, it doesn't detangle well, add manageability, shine or really hydrate/repair my hair. I think there are much better masks for the price.