October 20, 2014 | 1549 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Lengths Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Mascara: The actual mascara part of this is great. With about two "swoops" I can get amazing length and volume, but after two swoops, it won't build anymore than that. But the amount that you do get is fantastic, it probably equates about 30 strokes of my "drugstore" mascaras.

Curl: This mascara, I got the unwaterproof kind, was a great consistency, however, it is not good for curling. The product was just slightly too wet to hold a curl, and weighed my eyelashes down to their natural state.

Brush: The brush was also a bit hard to control, especially with asian eyelids, I would have to crane my neck back, squint my eyes, and jab that thing in there and hope for the best.

Overall, I would rebuy this IF it did hold curl. For those who don't need curl, this is definitely the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Krystall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy moly, this is my HG mascara. I can't say enough good things about it. My lashes are already quite thick and long but this mascara just makes them look amazing. I've had mine for a while and I don't feel like I will be running out any time soon. I'm a bit of a clutz and because of the curve of the wand I often find myself getting mascara all over my face while trying to apply to my very outer lashes. This may just be my fault, though. You definitely do not want to let this mascara dry between coats, you'll end up with a clumpy mess but if you apply while it's still wet you can get some mazing results. I do find that I get mascara marks just below my eyebrows, but I get this with most mascaras and that fact that they're up so high just attests to how fantastically lengthening this mascara is. I don't really know what else to say about it. It's just fantastic all over. I couldn't ever go without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by fozzie

I have been using this mascara for over a year and have been very happy with the consistency and especially the wand. During that time I developed dry eye syndrome. I discounted the mascara because I had none of the usual allergic reactions - stinging eyes, itchy eyes etc. Imagine my surprise when I ran out and decided to use some of my different clinique mascara samples. The painful dry eye syndrome diagnosed by the optician vanished completely! I don't know what the strange ingredient is that created this weird reaction in this mascara, but I shall not be buying it again - which is a shame because I really liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by jusbnjazz32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is very good in terms of packaging, formula and long wearing. There is no smell to the formula and it is very creamy. The main feature to this product is the brush. It is a banana shaped green comb brush. This brush allows each lash to be coated with the formula. Throughtout the day there is no flaking or irritation. It isn't water proof so water will cleanly take off the product without even using soap. Absolutely love this product and for $14 it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by tnmo

This is a staple mascara in my makeup & mascara collection. It's not my go to or HG mascara, however it is a staple in my everyday mascara routine. This mascara is best used as a second coat application - apply your regular use mascara and go over it with this Clinique one & you'll have the longest, separated, natural looking lashes ever. Wipe away about 50% of the product before you apply it as a second coat so your lashes don't get clumpy. Used alone, it doesn't have the strength to provide volume, however used in combination with whatever your favorite mascara is, it is a dream. In this case, it is more the applicator than the mascara that makes the difference with this product, so once it is done, don't throw the applicator/brush away!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kellabella94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I disagree on all the negative posts about this mascara. If it's clumping up or smearing, then you're using it improperly. I find that this mascara stands by it's name, however, it doesn't give volume. I love this mascara, and it's one of my favorite ones. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I never buy the same type of make products, and I always switch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got a sample of this mascara and i actually really liked it! while it lacked in giving my lashes volume, it gave it length and curled my lashes also. if it only gave me more volume, this would be my FAVORITE mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

i got a samplie size of this at a MAC warehouse sale for $5 (they had other brands besides MAC there). i was unaware that the brush was designed that way and thought i had a faulty mascara (blond moment) until i googled it and saw the brush was supposed to look alien like. i actually found it fairly easy to use, not great for botttom lashes though. it does lengthen my lashes nicely once the technique is mastered. it's a good daytime mascara but i need something more dramatic and volumizing for night.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brush turned me off at first but i did get used to it. It is easy to use once you get the hang of it which does not take long at all. I got compliments on my lashes the other day when I was wearing this and that has never happened before! I would purchase again because it does make my lashes look longer and even thicker, and is not quite as expensive as other designer mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

I was pretty unimpressed with this mascara. I didn't feel like it gave my lashes any length nor volume ..... def. not worth the price. The wand is really interesting though!