Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 2/1/2011 11:02:00 PM

The color is lovely, the most beautiful rose/brown with a hint of peach that looks super natural while livening up your face. On lazy days, this is all you need to walk out the door.

However, while it has a creamy and silky texture, it dries up really quickly, and vanishes. Expect to reapply often.

But the color is pure perfection.

on 1/11/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was my first Chanel lipstick purchase but it certainly wont be my last.

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick.

I was getting tired of lip gloss, hair sticking to it, not lasting very long etc... we I saw the advert for Rouge Coco and I instantly thought I need one.

I was previously put off lipstick as it tends to be for the "older" ladies, but there's something about the Rouge coco that makes you feel youthful, it glides on your lips and keeps them smooth doesn't dry them out. The packaging is gorgeous, the lipstick has the typical Chanel logo on the top of the lid, and its quite weighty.

The colour is divine. Its really subtle, but makes your lips look GORGEOUS!!!

You do as with any lipstick need to line your lips to stop the colour bleeding.

on 1/2/2011 8:14:00 AM

This color is very natural and fits perfect as a daily makeup lipstick! I like how the colors differ from each person to another and I personally think that mademoiselle is a really beautiful color on people that naturally have pinky pale lips, but it actually looks great on everyone! It also has this soft rosy scent to it just like the hydrabase lipsticks but much softer. Rouge Coco mademoiselle applies on smoothly and stays onto your lips pretty long :)

on 12/31/2010 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Im not a big fan of "nude" colours as they make me look "too natural" and my tobacco stained teeth look quite yellow but I liked this colour on Vanessa Paradis commercial and I bought it anyway for those days you want to look "make up free". I must say it does work, I mean you do look very natural but without that unhealthy complexion that nude shades normally give you. However, its a bit too creamy or too much coverage for my taste and Id like a bit of sheer in it. However, overall, id say its the best nude I ever tried.

on 12/16/2010 10:02:00 AM

One day I came across a Chanel commercial featuring Vanessa Paradis wearing Rouge Coco Mademoiselle and I knew this was what I needed. Excellent quality, lovely discreet yet visible colour, glides smoothly over my lips, looks perfectly alone and serves well as a lip gloss base.

on 12/14/2010 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As with most nude/pale shades it turned orange on me:-C It looks fabulous on everyone else but on me... ICK! My friends are all begging me for mine as it looks wonderful on all of them.

on 12/6/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick by chanel. This is the first lipstick that doesn't make my super dry lips peel. It worked out so great I might actually go back to lipsticks from lip glosses. I basically only had to apply once for over 8 hours and it stayed put even after dinner and drinks. I'm now a huge fan of the coco rouge line by chanel.

The only down sides is that it is quite expensive, and I had to get it at Nordstroms. The makeup sales people at Nordstroms at the chanel counter are never really helpful or present.

First Chanel lipstick that I've brought in years and decided to revisit the Chanel counter again. Purchased this lipstick as I wanted to try out a colour from the Rouge Coco range. I heard about the no.5 shade and without even looking at the colour number or name, I instantly was drawn to swatch this on the back of my hand - then the SA told me that it was the no.5! It's a 'your lip colour but better' shade warm pinky-brown colour. It isn't shimmery, very hydrating and lasts a good amount of time around 3-5 hours, depending on whether I drink and eat. If you're looking for a lip colour that is not too bright/bold and isn't too nude then this is for you! Perfect for an everyday shade and suitable for the workplace. The casing is very classy and cool to the touch, due to being made out of glass rather than plastic. The CC logo is also found inside the lid - not just outside, and the click sounds like an 'expensive' click rather than a Rimmel or Maybelline click.

I wear Barcelona Nars Sheer Glow or 40 Beige in Chanel Vitalumiere. The SA advised that the end colour varies depending on your skin colour - which is true because it doesn't look too 'brown' on me compared to Vanessa Paradis in the Chanel ad. Highly recommend this lipstick if you don't usually purchase high-end products and feel like treating yourself.

Fab all around product and will repurchase again - even considering purchasing other shades from the Rouge Coco line. Hope you will enjoy this as much as I have!

If I had to write only one word to describe it, it would be PERFECT!

on 11/11/2010 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Amazing color - really light baby-pink with a bit of brown and shimmer in.
It's long lasting.
Makes your lips look so natural, but you'll of course know that it's a lipstick you have on. Blends great in with the lip color.
SMELLS LIKE A REAL LIPSTICK - HOW LIPSTICKS SHOULD SMELL!
all in all, I feel like a French mademoiselle with it on my lips.
AND I'LL DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN!

Popular Lipsticks