December 18, 2014 | 1205 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One day I came across a Chanel commercial featuring Vanessa Paradis wearing Rouge Coco Mademoiselle and I knew this was what I needed. Excellent quality, lovely discreet yet visible colour, glides smoothly over my lips, looks perfectly alone and serves well as a lip gloss base.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by alabaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As with most nude/pale shades it turned orange on me:-C It looks fabulous on everyone else but on me... ICK! My friends are all begging me for mine as it looks wonderful on all of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by zoozannes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick by chanel. This is the first lipstick that doesn't make my super dry lips peel. It worked out so great I might actually go back to lipsticks from lip glosses. I basically only had to apply once for over 8 hours and it stayed put even after dinner and drinks. I'm now a huge fan of the coco rouge line by chanel.

The only down sides is that it is quite expensive, and I had to get it at Nordstroms. The makeup sales people at Nordstroms at the chanel counter are never really helpful or present.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbomb217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First Chanel lipstick that I've brought in years and decided to revisit the Chanel counter again. Purchased this lipstick as I wanted to try out a colour from the Rouge Coco range. I heard about the no.5 shade and without even looking at the colour number or name, I instantly was drawn to swatch this on the back of my hand - then the SA told me that it was the no.5! It's a 'your lip colour but better' shade warm pinky-brown colour. It isn't shimmery, very hydrating and lasts a good amount of time around 3-5 hours, depending on whether I drink and eat. If you're looking for a lip colour that is not too bright/bold and isn't too nude then this is for you! Perfect for an everyday shade and suitable for the workplace. The casing is very classy and cool to the touch, due to being made out of glass rather than plastic. The CC logo is also found inside the lid - not just outside, and the click sounds like an 'expensive' click rather than a Rimmel or Maybelline click.

I wear Barcelona Nars Sheer Glow or 40 Beige in Chanel Vitalumiere. The SA advised that the end colour varies depending on your skin colour - which is true because it doesn't look too 'brown' on me compared to Vanessa Paradis in the Chanel ad. Highly recommend this lipstick if you don't usually purchase high-end products and feel like treating yourself.

Fab all around product and will repurchase again - even considering purchasing other shades from the Rouge Coco line. Hope you will enjoy this as much as I have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

If I had to write only one word to describe it, it would be PERFECT!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by julielik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Amazing color - really light baby-pink with a bit of brown and shimmer in.
It's long lasting.
Makes your lips look so natural, but you'll of course know that it's a lipstick you have on. Blends great in with the lip color.
SMELLS LIKE A REAL LIPSTICK - HOW LIPSTICKS SHOULD SMELL!
all in all, I feel like a French mademoiselle with it on my lips.
AND I'LL DEFINITELY BUY IT AGAIN!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Rachaelein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Add me to the army of Mademoiselleophiles!

I've just been turned on to the magic of Chanel lipsticks and glosses -- beginning with the *magical* Rouge Allure Laques -- and, like everyone and their mom, fell in love with the color on Vanessa Paradis in the ad. It's just so simple, fresh, and stunning.

When I first tried this on I wanted it to be more...something. Brighter? More coral? It just looked like my natural lips, only darker. But then as the day wore on, and I saw it in different lights, it grew on me more and more, and now I love it.

On me it is a rosewood color, sometimes coral, sometimes pulling a bit plum. It's very natural and yet makes me feel very polished at the same time. Youthful yet sophisticated. I love to do heavy eyes and nude lips and this is a great substitute for a more traditional nude. I also like to use gold on my eyes and this picks it up very nicely. I love the texture also...very creamy. For me, the staying power isn't as amazing as the Rouge Allure Laques but that's to be expected as those are just insanely long lasting.

Obviously everyone needs to try it to see, but I really can see this working on many skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by macsephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A++++++++ This lipstick is by far my favorite lipstick I own! It is so moisturizing and is a great color for all skin tones. It goes on very smoothly as well. The packaging is very classy. I love reapplying this even though it stays on for awhile. The color almost matches my lips but is a few shades darker, which is nice that I can get extra color while moisturizing my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by vstpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mainly bought this because of the hype. I have to admit, it didn't live up to my expectations, but it did just good enough.
The color on me is a rose-y nude brown. It's flattering and quite natural. But it still does look like I'm wearing a lip product and like I put effort in.
The formula of the lipstick is a definite hit. It's creamy and matte-looking. It hydrates and never, ever dried out my lips. However, it does get on straws and cups (just laugh it off). The smell of this product is also of roses. It's not a unique smell (most Chanel products smells like it, and Lancome is irritatingly rosey, like a Chanel knock-off or something). It's not bad though.
The packing is sleek and iconic. Just a nice thing to have. There are logos on the top of the cap and in the inside. Chanel is engraved on the lipstick. And I do hear a distinct clicking when I close it. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by ladyice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely true that this colour is chameleon-like. My lips are somewhat quite pigmented on their own, which affects the shade a lot. I really love the way the colour looks in the ads though so I figured out a way for Mademoiselle to look very similar on me. I dab it onto un-lined lips with my finger, or very lightly with a lip brush, and then top it off with "Bikini Peach" Glossimer. Looks gorgeous, is very long lasting, and is often complimented.