Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 2/13/2011 12:32:00 PM

This is possibly the best lipstick i have ever tried and purchased and i adore this product. I find it hard to find lipstick shades that suit me very well but this one is perfect for me and it seems to suit most people as well which is good. The colour stays impeccable which makes it stand out from other lipsticks. I think this lipstick is a very classy, sophisticated shade which is perfect for going out in the evening.
This lipstick has excellent staying power and looks very elegant. When applied with lipliner its a dream!
Strongly recommended this product!

on 2/4/2011 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

REVISED 7/22/2012

My previous review was based on a sample, and after I bought the full-sized product, I changed my mind about it.

I wasn't crazy about my sample of Rouge Coco, but I liked the color Mademoiselle, so I bought the full-sized lipstick.

And I really like it. It's much creamier than I expected, and it's a flattering color. My lips are highly pigmented, and this color looks peachy-pink on me. It is very opaque. If you prefer sheer coverage, you might want to try the Rouge Coco Shine line from Chanel.

I probably won't repurchase, but it's a nice, wearable, color. Not too dark, not too bright, but still looks like you're wearing lipstick.

on 2/2/2011 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

it is flattering to my pale, pink undertoned skin. creamy. a nude/pink brownish color sounds ugly, but it really makes me look lovely. i love to put lipstick on. its so glamourous just to apply from this gorgeous tube. and to think of johnny depp looking at this luscious lipstick doesnt hurt.

on 2/1/2011 11:02:00 PM

The color is lovely, the most beautiful rose/brown with a hint of peach that looks super natural while livening up your face. On lazy days, this is all you need to walk out the door.

However, while it has a creamy and silky texture, it dries up really quickly, and vanishes. Expect to reapply often.

But the color is pure perfection.

on 1/11/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was my first Chanel lipstick purchase but it certainly wont be my last.

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick.

I was getting tired of lip gloss, hair sticking to it, not lasting very long etc... we I saw the advert for Rouge Coco and I instantly thought I need one.

I was previously put off lipstick as it tends to be for the "older" ladies, but there's something about the Rouge coco that makes you feel youthful, it glides on your lips and keeps them smooth doesn't dry them out. The packaging is gorgeous, the lipstick has the typical Chanel logo on the top of the lid, and its quite weighty.

The colour is divine. Its really subtle, but makes your lips look GORGEOUS!!!

You do as with any lipstick need to line your lips to stop the colour bleeding.

on 1/2/2011 8:14:00 AM

This color is very natural and fits perfect as a daily makeup lipstick! I like how the colors differ from each person to another and I personally think that mademoiselle is a really beautiful color on people that naturally have pinky pale lips, but it actually looks great on everyone! It also has this soft rosy scent to it just like the hydrabase lipsticks but much softer. Rouge Coco mademoiselle applies on smoothly and stays onto your lips pretty long :)

on 12/31/2010 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Im not a big fan of "nude" colours as they make me look "too natural" and my tobacco stained teeth look quite yellow but I liked this colour on Vanessa Paradis commercial and I bought it anyway for those days you want to look "make up free". I must say it does work, I mean you do look very natural but without that unhealthy complexion that nude shades normally give you. However, its a bit too creamy or too much coverage for my taste and Id like a bit of sheer in it. However, overall, id say its the best nude I ever tried.

on 12/16/2010 10:02:00 AM

One day I came across a Chanel commercial featuring Vanessa Paradis wearing Rouge Coco Mademoiselle and I knew this was what I needed. Excellent quality, lovely discreet yet visible colour, glides smoothly over my lips, looks perfectly alone and serves well as a lip gloss base.

on 12/14/2010 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As with most nude/pale shades it turned orange on me:-C It looks fabulous on everyone else but on me... ICK! My friends are all begging me for mine as it looks wonderful on all of them.

on 12/6/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick by chanel. This is the first lipstick that doesn't make my super dry lips peel. It worked out so great I might actually go back to lipsticks from lip glosses. I basically only had to apply once for over 8 hours and it stayed put even after dinner and drinks. I'm now a huge fan of the coco rouge line by chanel.

The only down sides is that it is quite expensive, and I had to get it at Nordstroms. The makeup sales people at Nordstroms at the chanel counter are never really helpful or present.

Popular Lipsticks