April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

love this color and the formula is great. you only need one thick coat and it last pretty much a whole week with no top coat. color is kinda pastel coral and is great for tanned skin in the summer time.. really pops.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LizSaysSo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to love Essie, really I do. The bottles are so sweet and simple, and some of the colors seem unique.

Tart Deco was, hands-down, the single most difficult nail polish I have ever worked with. It somehow managed to apply both streaky AND in clumps. After two and a half hours of drying time and four painfully bubbly, runny coats, it almost looked even. Almost.

Also, based on all the swatches I looked at before purchasing and the color in the bottle, I was horrified to find that the end result was the exact color of a Creamsicle, which I sincerely doubt will flatter many skintones and certainly did nothing for my pale tone. Ugh! It was a very long time before I ventured into the land of Essie again, and that endeavor ended only slightly better.

I'll be giving Essie one more chance, but if I find that Limited Addiction is equally disappointing, I intend on throwing in the towel on Essie polishes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Love the bright coral color but comes off streaky and make the application very difficult. And the color didn't last long on my nails.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Beautiful bright, almost flouro pastel coral that makes my skin look much tanner. However, the formula is not so good. Very streaky & turns very thick as application goes on. But not impossible to get an even finish if you are pretty good w/ application.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

Pretty disappointed. Love the color. Its bright and pastel at the same time. But the formula is so sucky. SO unlike regular Essie formula! Thick, streaky, and gloopy. :*(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by myhoneyhoney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Booo. This polish was thick, goopy, and streaky. I've been polishing my own nails for 25 years now and this is one of the worst that I've encountered. It says a lot when I have an easier time applying Revlon Top Speed than this. Sad... I love Essie colors but the past 3 bottles I've purchased from them have ALL been thick, goopy, and streaky. Considering these are costing me $8 per bottle I expected something better. I don't think I'll be purchasing Essie brand for a while.

BTW, I bought 3 Essie bottles on one Ulta visit (all three will be returned) so I'm going to copy/past this review because everything I've just typed down is my exact same experience with the other two.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by HoneyE64

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great peachy-coral color that goes perfectly with a summer tan. However, like most Essie polishes, it doesn't apply very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

This is a very pretty, very bright creamy orange shade. Like another reviewer has said it's almost like orange sherbert. It's a great summer color but the problem is the formula. It doesn't apply evenly and winds up looking streaky. It doesn't look like the color of the bottle - a soft coral. It comes out BRIGHT. I gave it a three because although I like the color, it wasn't what I thought I was buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by eb0599

the color is not what i expected but it's still a beautiful color that matches with alot of things.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by kamo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Tart Deco because of the beautiful color, a summery peach, and despite it's deficiencies I've been able to make it work. Honestly, the formula is not up to snuff compared to other Essie polishes. When I first bought it, I was excited to swatch it on a few nails (without basecoat or anything) and was kind of horrified. It was thick and goopy, and the brush somehow delivered way too much polish without actually covering much. The few nails I swatched were chipped by the next morning. Hot mess.

Thankfully I gave it another try, this time with a good basecoat and topcoat. I used Sally Hansen "Double Duty." This made application much, much easier and smoother. It still required a two coats + touchups to cover bare spots, but it was not the nightmare it had previously been. I'm amazed to say, that almost five days later it is perfectly intact minus some slight tip wear. Impressive!

Regarding the orangeness, it may skew more towards a peachy/cantaloupe orange than how it appears in the bottle, but it's definitely not a neon orange polish. I have Bright Tights and they're really not similar at all.