July 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this so bad.. its a beautiful color in the bottle but the application is so streaky and difficult that I can't give it a good review. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is definitely a summer color! It's peachy, coral & makes you look instantly tan' although this is sort of pricey ; this color is untouchable for summer colors! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color comes out to a gorgeous bright coral color. More on the orange than pink side. However, tHe formula is steaky and thick. Def need to take your time with this polish. It takes sooo long for each coat to dry. Love the color but prob would not repurchase it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

In the bottle, it looks like a orangey-peach color. On your nails, however, it comes up almost a bright orange. Its still very beautiful for the spring and summer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

This was a gorgeous color in the bottle. On the nails, it looked a tad darker. In the bottle, it looked like a light coral peach, while on the nails it was a peachy orange or a coral peach in various lighting. I love Essie polishes but this one is just ok. Application was a little messy, had to wait between applications. It was streaky for the first coats and two coats allowed me to have a nice opaque color on my nails. One thing for sure, it definitely brought out my tan. Great (not incredible) color, requires patience, & nice summer nail color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Tart Deco looked like a pretty peachy/coral shade that I immediately loved and thought it would be a great pedi shade for the summer months when Im tan.........well I was wrong. First of all the formula was horrible to apply, second of all it showed up more orange than peachy, third of all after two days the color lacked luster and looked dull and matte, I know it's a pastel shade which is not supposed to be as shiny as other formulas but this just looked horrible. Im giving it 2 lippies only because it does look pretty in my nail polish collection as long as it stays in the bottle LOL. Essie makes great other coral shades like Carousel Coral, California Coral and a gorgeus red based coral called Escapades all 3 are some of my favorite summer shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

love this color and the formula is great. you only need one thick coat and it last pretty much a whole week with no top coat. color is kinda pastel coral and is great for tanned skin in the summer time.. really pops.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LizSaysSo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to love Essie, really I do. The bottles are so sweet and simple, and some of the colors seem unique.

Tart Deco was, hands-down, the single most difficult nail polish I have ever worked with. It somehow managed to apply both streaky AND in clumps. After two and a half hours of drying time and four painfully bubbly, runny coats, it almost looked even. Almost.

Also, based on all the swatches I looked at before purchasing and the color in the bottle, I was horrified to find that the end result was the exact color of a Creamsicle, which I sincerely doubt will flatter many skintones and certainly did nothing for my pale tone. Ugh! It was a very long time before I ventured into the land of Essie again, and that endeavor ended only slightly better.

I'll be giving Essie one more chance, but if I find that Limited Addiction is equally disappointing, I intend on throwing in the towel on Essie polishes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Love the bright coral color but comes off streaky and make the application very difficult. And the color didn't last long on my nails.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Beautiful bright, almost flouro pastel coral that makes my skin look much tanner. However, the formula is not so good. Very streaky & turns very thick as application goes on. But not impossible to get an even finish if you are pretty good w/ application.