October 24, 2014 | 1611 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

I've been on the hunt for a lighter milky coral with a creamy finish and Tart Deco was close to what I was looking for. It comes out about two shades darker on my nails than the colour in the bottle, but it is still very pretty. It looks almost neon but in a bright pastelly way. Even on my pale skin this is a flattering pop of colour and a great shade for spring. A Crewed Interest, on the other hand, made my skin look a bit dead and washed out

I'm not quite sure yet if I would buy it again, as the formula is a bit on the thick side and not the easiet to apply. Two coats gave full opacity, though it was almost impossible to apply this thinly. The colour is very nice and cheerful though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

Oh how I wanted to love Tart Deco (TD) - it's a super pretty coral-orange-peach color, absolutely perfect for Spring/Summer. It looks lighter in the bottle, yes, but although it applies more orange than I expected, it somehow flattered my super pale skin, especially in the sun/natural light. The formula, however, is just terrible - a streaky hot mess, by far the worst Essie I've ever owned. I just couldn't get TD to apply evenly, it needed 3 coats to be fully opaque & then it just looked goopy/messy. I plan on exchanging this for another shade.

Side Note: I've read on blogs/reviews that TD tends to change color once a top coat is applied so I wanted to test this theory w/the 3 top coats I own: Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, Beauty Secrets Top Coat (blue bottle from Sally Beauty) & Seche Vite. I saw NO color change at all with any of the top coats, good news if you happen to find a bottle of TD that applies decently & works w/your skintone!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Colour not like in the bottle. This is a bright neon pastel coral and is very difficult to apply without looking like a 5 year old child did it. It streaks. Without a doubt the most horrible nail polish I have ever bought. I like Essie, but not this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In the bottle this color looks like it's a light peach. The color is actually a very bright coral it's orangey with a very slight pink look. It's not a pastel color it seems slightly like a neon polish but doesn't dry quite as matte. In comparison it looks a lot like Essie's "Haute as hello" but they are both different when applied. Haute as hello is a light coral color that is neon. Tart deco is a bright creamsicle orange color. I swatched it before buying it so I knew it wasn't a light peach like it seemed. I really love it I think it's a fun color the only downsides for me was it applied very streaky and you kind of had to apply it thickly due to the formula it chipped after only two days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this so bad.. its a beautiful color in the bottle but the application is so streaky and difficult that I can't give it a good review. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is definitely a summer color! It's peachy, coral & makes you look instantly tan' although this is sort of pricey ; this color is untouchable for summer colors! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color comes out to a gorgeous bright coral color. More on the orange than pink side. However, tHe formula is steaky and thick. Def need to take your time with this polish. It takes sooo long for each coat to dry. Love the color but prob would not repurchase it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

In the bottle, it looks like a orangey-peach color. On your nails, however, it comes up almost a bright orange. Its still very beautiful for the spring and summer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

This was a gorgeous color in the bottle. On the nails, it looked a tad darker. In the bottle, it looked like a light coral peach, while on the nails it was a peachy orange or a coral peach in various lighting. I love Essie polishes but this one is just ok. Application was a little messy, had to wait between applications. It was streaky for the first coats and two coats allowed me to have a nice opaque color on my nails. One thing for sure, it definitely brought out my tan. Great (not incredible) color, requires patience, & nice summer nail color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Tart Deco looked like a pretty peachy/coral shade that I immediately loved and thought it would be a great pedi shade for the summer months when Im tan.........well I was wrong. First of all the formula was horrible to apply, second of all it showed up more orange than peachy, third of all after two days the color lacked luster and looked dull and matte, I know it's a pastel shade which is not supposed to be as shiny as other formulas but this just looked horrible. Im giving it 2 lippies only because it does look pretty in my nail polish collection as long as it stays in the bottle LOL. Essie makes great other coral shades like Carousel Coral, California Coral and a gorgeus red based coral called Escapades all 3 are some of my favorite summer shades.