Essie Tart Deco

2.9

on 5/5/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you're looking for a nice pastel peach/coral nail polish, this is not the one for you. However, if you're looking for a cantaloupe shade (as another reviewer described), then Tart Deco is spot on. It really does dry a shade or two darker than the color in the bottle, although I've had no issues with it changing color after applying a topcoat. I'm finding that I like Tart Deco much better than when I bought it a couple of years ago. It's still not my favorite color, but it's something fun and different for me because I don't really wear oranges. I had no issues with the formula, which is odd since everyone else seems to think it's thick. Two coats was perfection on me! It was definitely a much better Essie formula than some I own. I would not repurchase Tart Deco, simply because it's not one I wear often and not my favorite shade.

on 4/9/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This polish is a good reminder of why I dislike Essie's nail polish formula. But as usual, the beautiful colors and easy availability reel me into buying another color. I also had a coupon for $2 off, so I ended up paying $5.79 instead of the common $8 price tag.

Tart Deco is a peachy orange color. It's a lot brighter on the nails than it is in the bottle. The formula is pretty horrifying. It's thick and streaky, similar to Mint Candy Apple's formula. It took 3 coats to get an even color on my nails. It's appropriate for spring as it is a bit pastel. Such a shame that the formula sucks as it is a pretty color. But it's more work than what it's worth.

on 4/5/2012 10:52:00 AM

I've been on the hunt for a lighter milky coral with a creamy finish and Tart Deco was close to what I was looking for. It comes out about two shades darker on my nails than the colour in the bottle, but it is still very pretty. It looks almost neon but in a bright pastelly way. Even on my pale skin this is a flattering pop of colour and a great shade for spring. A Crewed Interest, on the other hand, made my skin look a bit dead and washed out

I'm not quite sure yet if I would buy it again, as the formula is a bit on the thick side and not the easiet to apply. Two coats gave full opacity, though it was almost impossible to apply this thinly. The colour is very nice and cheerful though!

on 3/30/2012 1:00:00 PM

Oh how I wanted to love Tart Deco (TD) - it's a super pretty coral-orange-peach color, absolutely perfect for Spring/Summer. It looks lighter in the bottle, yes, but although it applies more orange than I expected, it somehow flattered my super pale skin, especially in the sun/natural light. The formula, however, is just terrible - a streaky hot mess, by far the worst Essie I've ever owned. I just couldn't get TD to apply evenly, it needed 3 coats to be fully opaque & then it just looked goopy/messy. I plan on exchanging this for another shade.

Side Note: I've read on blogs/reviews that TD tends to change color once a top coat is applied so I wanted to test this theory w/the 3 top coats I own: Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, Beauty Secrets Top Coat (blue bottle from Sally Beauty) & Seche Vite. I saw NO color change at all with any of the top coats, good news if you happen to find a bottle of TD that applies decently & works w/your skintone!

on 3/2/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colour not like in the bottle. This is a bright neon pastel coral and is very difficult to apply without looking like a 5 year old child did it. It streaks. Without a doubt the most horrible nail polish I have ever bought. I like Essie, but not this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

In the bottle this color looks like it's a light peach. The color is actually a very bright coral it's orangey with a very slight pink look. It's not a pastel color it seems slightly like a neon polish but doesn't dry quite as matte. In comparison it looks a lot like Essie's "Haute as hello" but they are both different when applied. Haute as hello is a light coral color that is neon. Tart deco is a bright creamsicle orange color. I swatched it before buying it so I knew it wasn't a light peach like it seemed. I really love it I think it's a fun color the only downsides for me was it applied very streaky and you kind of had to apply it thickly due to the formula it chipped after only two days.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this so bad.. its a beautiful color in the bottle but the application is so streaky and difficult that I can't give it a good review. I won't repurchase.

on 9/26/2011 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This color is definitely a summer color! It's peachy, coral & makes you look instantly tan' although this is sort of pricey ; this color is untouchable for summer colors! (:

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color comes out to a gorgeous bright coral color. More on the orange than pink side. However, tHe formula is steaky and thick. Def need to take your time with this polish. It takes sooo long for each coat to dry. Love the color but prob would not repurchase it

on 8/21/2011 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the bottle, it looks like a orangey-peach color. On your nails, however, it comes up almost a bright orange. Its still very beautiful for the spring and summer though.

Popular Polishes