December 20, 2014 | 1360 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color! I normally only use reds or sheer pinks but have been wanting to branch out. I like the look of the newer grey polishes and thought I'd give this one a try since it was so stupid cheap and got pretty good reviews. It takes three coats to get complete coverage because the first coat goes on super sheer, but after it dries it's fantastic! There's a little lavender and a little beige in it. It's fun and trendy without being obnoxious. I've had it on for 4 days now and my tips are slightly worn, but other than that it still looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by kaydikat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rimmel London is my favorite DS brand for nail polish and this is the BEST color! It's so on trend right now for fall - it's in the taupe family, and even though it's called Steel Grey, it has purple undertone that softens the color and gives it a sophisticated appeal. I LOVE the brush! Sometimes if a polish has a tiny brush, it takes so many strokes to cover the entire nail. Not with this brush! The larger flat brush applied so smooth and I only had to swipe it over my nail 2 or 3 times. It definitely didn't last 10 days though! I haven't met a polish that lasted chip-free for over a week yet. Nowadays I change polish twice a week. It's been a while since I've painted my tips Steel Grey, but I'm definitely looking forward to it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the color, hate the brush/cap. Application was awkward, would have preferred a normal brush. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i read the hips about this nail polish and went and got one b/c i had always like greyish color.
this polish is so thick...
the color is nice
but the brush is already all thicken up the 5th time i used it
b/c of how thick the brush is, it's harder for the polish to dry...

UPDate: yes...i still like the colour, but i just with the the formula is better

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

I bought this product over the summer when I was rebuilding my polish collection, and felt like I needed a "trendy" color, if you know what I mean. I applied it yesterday and frankly, I'm disappointed.
First the pros:
-it was cheap
- the brush is AWESOME! Normally I suck at painting my fingernails and get polish all over, but the brush made it super easy to even coat my nails while avoiding my cuticles
-opaque in two coats
I only have one con for this polish, and it's a very subjective one: I don't like the color; it just doesn't do anything for me. When I paint my nails I want colors that make me happy when I look at them. This color is pretty dreary and conjures up thoughts of being stuck indoors on a rainy day. Obviously this polish and others in similar shades are pretty popular, but it's just not for me. I really want to remove it and paint my nails a cheery blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by gcollier97

I LOVE this nail polish! Its called steel gray but to me its kida a muaveish puprle gray, but its beautiful. The brush makes it soo easy to put on. And it was only like 4 dollars

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

The brush is kind of weird - large flat brush - but it's not something I couldn't work with. I put two coats. It is actually a gray/purple color on my nails. Wet and wild's Bite the bullet is similar in that it is a grayish purple but far more purple (if that's what you're looking for - it's a muted purple). Overall, pretty good color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great gray tone nail polish with a tint of purple undertones to it. I've never really tried gray nail polishes before as I could never find a decent gray tone to wear. After searching, I saw the new Rimmel line of nail polishes and had to try this. The color is a creamy gray and goes on quite smooth. I usually add just 2 coats as I like the tensity of the color. The brush that it comes with a thick jumble FAT brush so it's real easily to apply. Love this color for all the seasons truthfully... I think it's wearable at all seasons!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by gemzigirl

Love this color! Great for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ashleybaybay

LUV this colour!
I didn't know if it would look good on my "asain" skintone, but it did!
Really for 5.99 this is a steal. Although some may complain about the brush, it`s really rather convenient. It`s wide so that I only need to do two strokes on my nail for the first coat. Very good application, beautiful colour, great packaging and I love the formula! I only need 2 coats for a nice colour. I will update on how it wears throughout the week!