August 2, 2014 | 1197 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by bblopez64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and this product did not work for me at all. I used it under my eyes and it was cakey and did not cover well for me. I had to give it away

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by glllkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great for quick touch ups, and it comes in a super convenient tiny bottle that can go everywhere with you just in case. I wouldn't say it stays for 24 hours, but it definitely has a decent amount of staying power and works well for spot coverage/ under eye circles. I also like the applicator wand.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this concealer based on the claim of having 24 hour staying power. While it isn't 24 hours it did last a full work day and for about $7 it's not a bad price.

Pros:
-Long wearing
-A little bit goes a long way
-Medium to buildable coverage

Cons:
-Can be cakey
-Sinks into fine lines
-Doesn't have a wide range of colors

Tip: The colors tend to be a little lighter than they look in the tube, so you might want to keep that in mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by kellyfinn

I bought this concealer because it was on sale for a really cheap price at a store. It does do a decent job of covering my dark under eye circles, however, it dries quickly and is cakey. You could tell I was wearing concealer under my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sirena089

This is a really bad concealer, I used it whenever I didn't get good sleep. It is really great at covering up but after a while it looks dry and cracked. Like you are a painting that needs resurfacing. I wouldn't use it to a party or anywhere that I want to impress people because it makes you look like a person with cracked skin. It also makes the under eye area look older than it actaully is.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by CarlyLively

I love this concealer. It matches my skin tone perfectly, and gives me the coverage I need. It's not too heavy at all. Although I do find it can tend to flake off if you don't moisturize well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ViciousLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have stubborn dark circles and I was looking for something to cover them. This wasn't horrible, but it dried out very quickly and started looking cracked and weird. I kept having to smooth it out throughout the day and apply moisturizer even though I don't have dry skin. I gave it another shot the next day, and it dried out the area under my eyes so much that they started itching and it was uncomfortable. After work I went straight to Ulta and bought some Loreal Visible Lift concealer which ended up being the answer to my prayers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good color match for me which is a rare find when it comes to drugstore products. Other than the great color match, the packaging and applicator is good. Despite using loose powder to set this, it still faded after about 4 hours of use (this was in hot, humid weather conditions- which isn't too bad but still not great in view this is meant to be a "super stay" product).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This concealer is absolutely fantastic for blemishes. It delivers full coverage with a matte finish. I don't recommend it to be used on dark circles not only because it isn't intended to be used on dark circles, but also because its thickness is not ideal for the delicate, thin eye area. I suggest you use a thinner, lighter coverage concealer for that, such as Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch.
Superstay really does stay for a long time. It lasts all day without having to touch-up--no fading, patching, transferring, or oiliness. And I didn't even set it with powder!
My only complaint that I blame myself for is the shade that I got! I purchased Ivory, because it looked somewhat like my NC30-35 skin tone (slight yellow undertones) in the store, but shame on Rite Aid's lighting and my lack of not seeing swatches before buying, because when I got home and swatched it, it was way too light! I was hoping it could at least match the lightest part of my face (jawline), but nope. I don't want to throw it away, so I'm just going to keep it to lighten my too-dark face makeup or use it as an eyeshadow base. I was considering Light, but that seemed like it had strong pink undertones. The only other options available were Medium Beige and Dark Beige. Next time I'm picking up Medium Beige for sure.
Regarding the packaging, it's a plastic bottle with a doe's foot applicator. Not really special.
I purchased it for around $7, which is about the retail price.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Jinxicat9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Heavy and drying. Looks terrible after a few hours. Works better for contouring but not as a concealer. I have very few lines around my eyes but this product managed to find the few I do have and accentuated them in an unflattering way. Yuck.