April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This concealer is absolutely fantastic for blemishes. It delivers full coverage with a matte finish. I don't recommend it to be used on dark circles not only because it isn't intended to be used on dark circles, but also because its thickness is not ideal for the delicate, thin eye area. I suggest you use a thinner, lighter coverage concealer for that, such as Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch.
Superstay really does stay for a long time. It lasts all day without having to touch-up--no fading, patching, transferring, or oiliness. And I didn't even set it with powder!
My only complaint that I blame myself for is the shade that I got! I purchased Ivory, because it looked somewhat like my NC30-35 skin tone (slight yellow undertones) in the store, but shame on Rite Aid's lighting and my lack of not seeing swatches before buying, because when I got home and swatched it, it was way too light! I was hoping it could at least match the lightest part of my face (jawline), but nope. I don't want to throw it away, so I'm just going to keep it to lighten my too-dark face makeup or use it as an eyeshadow base. I was considering Light, but that seemed like it had strong pink undertones. The only other options available were Medium Beige and Dark Beige. Next time I'm picking up Medium Beige for sure.
Regarding the packaging, it's a plastic bottle with a doe's foot applicator. Not really special.
I purchased it for around $7, which is about the retail price.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Jinxicat9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Heavy and drying. Looks terrible after a few hours. Works better for contouring but not as a concealer. I have very few lines around my eyes but this product managed to find the few I do have and accentuated them in an unflattering way. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by iHayley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Delivers great coverage for any blemishes, redness and scars along with excellent staying power. Best results with a good moisturiser and oil-combination skin. The packaging is convent for travelling and hygienic provided you don't apply the concealer directly to blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have dry skin, and usually gravitate towards liquid concealers for all uses because otherwise I run the risk of flakiness and patchyness.

So to keep it concise,
The Pros:

- Insanely good coverage for a liquid concealer, probably the best I've come across! If you need to cover something serious up, this is really up there with some high-end stuff.

- Inexpensive and widely available, Maybelline is stocked pretty much anywhere you can buy makeup at all.

- Good shade range, for a super pale girl, the lightest shade (Ivory?) works great, and doesn't lean too yellow or pink toned.

- Good packaging, never experienced any leakage, although if you were using this on blemishes it would probably be best not to apply this directly to the spot, otherwise you might hygienically compromise the rest of the product.

The Cons:

- Quite a matte finish, which ultimately leads to dryness. Good priming and exfoliation is really required. Oily skinned ladies would probably adore the formulation for the matte finish.
I wouldn't even attempt to use this under the eyes if you have normal/dry skin.

- The whole 24-hour wear claim is pretty outlandish, and while I do think it is important to judge a product on the claims it makes, I think it's also important to know when to shrug it off and realise that it's nothing more than a marketing strategy.
But the point is that the lasting power isn't amazing, but I find it's better than most drugstore concealers, and can be made better by a primer and good blending.

Overall, pretty great drugstore product, just a shame that it's a little drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Joellehearts

I hated this concealer because it made my under eye area look dry and cakey when I used this which no concealer has. It was also patchy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by dqzhuzi

I don't have too many things to cover on my face but my dark circles, and this one is a nightmare for my dark circles. Too thick, too light. Maybe it fits someone who needs exteme coverage all over his or her face...Anyway I won't buy it again definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer for under my eyes. I only use it under my eyes because I find cream concealers are better for blemishes and facial imperfections. This concealer is medium to full coverage and it LASTS all day! The color selection is lacking and the shade I use has a strong pink undertone but it works perfectly to brighten my under-eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by zynab

I love this concealer it stays on all day & it covers very well ,but I didn't find my shade in it & it dries very quick

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by emsthebeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this concealer. With oily skin my pores become clogged easily and I find it settles into my pores and clogs them. I am also pale with issues with redness and I could not find a good shade match. However it does cover blemishes and stay on for a long time. This may be suited better to someone with more normal skin. For me this was a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by juljam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best concealers I've ever used!
It stays on the whole day without any touch-ups and it's very pigmented so it covers well.

I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours, more like 16-18 hours without touch ups. Which is fine with me!

The packaging is good, the only problem I've had with this product is that sometimes I apply more than I have to. It's kinda hard to scratch off the extra concealer from the applicator.