MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

on 3/25/2011 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought the MAC 130 brush about 6 months ago and had it sitting in my makeup stash all that time. I finally pulled it out to apply my new Maybelline Fit 355 foundation. OMG, flawless application! The method I used was to dot the foundation on my forehead, cheek, nose, chin and under eyes. Then I blended it out in a swirly motion all over. I finished with loose setting powder using another basic powder brush. The look was perfect. Highly recommend the MAC 130 brush.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was skeptical about buying yet another foundation brush (I already have the MAC187 and 190) but because it was recommended for the Mineralize cream foundation, I finally gave in. Here's what I thought about it:
PROS:
- makes it easy to build up coverage from medium to heavy
- perfect for putting concealer under the eyes (i use cinema secrets)
- dense enough to control where you apply foundation (a problem with the 187)
- gives an airbrushed finish (I use it with MUFE HD fondation)
CONS:
- not the best for mineralize foundation (go figure! it puts on way too much product in my opinion. I'll stick to the beauty blender for that)
- small size makes it time consuming to stipple on foundation (10mins vs 2minutes with the beauty blender or MAC187)

I'd repurchase if I lost mine just because it's my concealer's best friend.

on 2/27/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE this brush. Yes it is small but dont let its size fool you. This is a very good brush for foundation, concealer, and tinted moisturizer. Duo fiber brushes are amazing for liquid products. I was so used to using my mac 187 which did a good job, but as a mac brush collecter i had to try this out since people compare it to the 187 and the 109 having a baby. Its very dense so you can reallly blend and buff product in your skin as well as hard to reach areas. The fibers are very soft and will make your makeup application simple, easy, and FLAWLESS get it NOW!!!

on 2/23/2011 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This brush is the shizz! I use it everyday for my foundation (either MAC Face and Body or Studio Fix Fluid) and it does and amazing job and buffing in my foundation, I prefer it over my Sigma F80 I have as the 130 is smaller and denser and has less "flex" (you cant push the fibers from side to side like you can with the F80) and because its smaller it gets into all my nooks and crannies hehe (around my nose etc)

I really want another one to apply my cream blushes now too! but as these are NZ$90 it will have to wait.

on 2/21/2011 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this to apply Ladyblush and it does a phenomenal job!

on 2/16/2011 10:07:00 PM

It looks like I'm in the minority here but, I absolutely hated this brush. I bought it for use with the Mineralize SPF Foundation (the creme one), like the MUA at MAC suggested and as soon as I took it home to apply, it shed. For a brush that's about $40, that's unacceptable. I used it for about 3 weeks, to see if it was just because it was new, but it still kept shedding, leaving little bristles on my skin. I also find it didn't really help buff and blend the foundation at all but made streaks/swirls. I don't know if that's because I don't have the skill for it, but I've never had a problem with other "cheap" brushes. I ended up using the sponge that came with the foundation, and found that worked way better. This brush seems overpriced to me, especially for the bad quality of the bristles.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I needed a smaller version of the 187 brush and got this. I tried it and the brush smells a bit and I had to clean it twice and do a deep cleaning to get rid of the smell, BUT that's not the POINT! This brush is very versatile! It's great for cream & foundation application.It's pretty small but it works magic! It gives a really nice flawless & almost airbrush finish. I say almost airbrush b/c based on my personal preference, an airbrush finish is a lot thinner and it provides good coverage.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This brush is great for applying any liquid or cream makeup of any sort - the size is portable and very useful for getting into the smaller places of the face i.e. around eyes and beside the nose. The amount of coverage and the finish are very controllable with this.
i will tell those who are looking for a good stippling makeup brush that either can't afford or just simply don't want to shell out this kind of money for a brush, or maybe just need a back up sometimes, i found the avon mark blush & bronzer flat top brush to be just excellent too, except it does tend to shed. It's a bit larger than the MAC #130, but it's about 1/4th the price of this brush if you get it on sale.
Otherwise, though , the MAC #130 is like the luxury/quality version.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I picked this up at my CCO for $30.50, and I now wish I'd gotten another as backup. This is simply amazing for foundation. I've used it with both my Revlon Colorstay and MAC Studio Sculpt foundations, and it blends both flawlessly. I love that this brush doesn't pick up a whole bunch of product, which in turn prevents cakiness. I imagine this would work well for highlighters as well. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/31/2011 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ONE OF THE BEST MAKEUP BRUSHES YOU CAN OWN. you can apply your liquid/cream/powder foundation, bronzer, powder/cream blushes, hightlight, and contour with this one brush alone. the firm bristles allow you to have a light coverage, or a full one in a heartbeat. circular motions work best to buff your products in, and is never streaky. one of the best investments in your brush care. i promise.

Top Rated MAC Products