NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My friend told me how much she loved this and that I absolutely had to buy this. The $29 price tag made me hold off on purchasing for awhile. I scored this in a value set from Sephora (which also included Deep Throat blush, deep throat lip gloss, and eye shadow pencil in Aigle Noir). Well I'm glad I got this as part of a value set, because it's definately not worth $29! The consistency is very runny. I tried mixing with liquid foundation, I really didn't look like I was "glowing" and appeared slightly orange (I'm an NW20-which could be the culprit). My skin is oily, and I found that this illuminator just made my skin WAY greasier. I'll stick with NARS powder highlighter in Albatross or Clinque loose Gentle Light powder for that "glowing" effect.

on 5/28/2011 7:58:00 PM

This product is very sheer and I honestly cant tell the collor difference between any of the colors once they're on. It makes my makeup application take longer in the morning and you can barley tell its there. its very natural and in my opinion, its not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this product for free as a gift with purchase.

I was a little confused since I thought this would be a more traditional highlighter, but it really just brings out a little bit of a 'natural' glow to your skin that's very subtle. I have mixed it in with my NARS sheer glow foundation for a sun kissed, natural glow for my skin. I have also dabbed it on my cheeks before or after putting on blush just to bring out that natural glow to my skin. It's also really nice to use on shoulders, chest, legs for summer days.

I wouldn't repurchase just because it's not really something I 'need' in my make up stash. But if I was to get it for free again I would definately use it all up since it is something nice, but not necessary to have in my make up bag. I like it for days when I want that natural, no make look for a peachy glow.

on 5/28/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a really good product for those who can afford it. lol. I got a sample from my sephora and when I tried it on, it was really sheer on my wrists. It had minute shimmer to it that orgasm has. On my cheeks, it just illuminates my face. It makes me seem wide awake with a hint of glowy-ness that I love! I am oily, but this stays put. Layer this on and put orgasm blush on top and it stays on for most of the day! yey! i might just purchase a bottle of this one day. But the sample the sa gave me was a good amount and you really dont need much at all! Oh yeah, I use the mac 190 for this. I tried this today by mixing it with my sunblock. Amazing! It gently makes your face look brightened! Glow-y! Highly recommend!

on 5/23/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this deluxe size in a gift set from Sephora. I didn't really think this did anything but give a bit of shimmer but when I wore it I got a lot of compliments saying that I looked glowing and happy and what I did differently with my makeup because it looks really pretty. So, yay!

on 5/2/2011 1:14:00 PM

I received a sample of this from Sephora and consider this product to be just mediocre. It does give you a little shimmer and highlighting effect, but not really enough to warrant an entirely separate product and exrea step in your makeup routine. I have tried it as an all-over highligher with no makeup, I looked essentially the same although at least it blended well. I have also tapped it along my cheekbones as a highlighter over my makeup with barely noticeable results. It was fun to try, but totally not worth it for the price associated with purchasing a whole tube.

on 4/4/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a large sample size of this from Sephora. I rarely use highlighters since I am over 45 and most of them are too frosty. The SA applied this on me and I'm glad he did or I would have been using it wrong. Don't rub in; just tap it onto your skin with fingertips. I use this to highlight my cheekbones and under the brows, and I really like it for that purpose. It is quite subtle. I'm very fair and warm and it does not have any color on me, just a gleam. I think it's excellent for what it does.

That said, I think this product has limited value. The sample size I got (about the size of a Juicy Tubes lip gloss) will probably last me 4 years considering how little I need and how rarely I would use it. I'm not sure why they sell it in a giant squeeze tube, BIGGER THAN MOST FOUNDATIONS!

I also tried using it as some older reviewers have suggested, mixing in with my foundation to give a "glow." It just made me look sweaty. The glowing effect might work better on darker skin tones.

Finally, I agree with others that a smaller squeeze top would be better--one with a tiny point would help you just get the pin-sized amount of product you need.

on 3/27/2011 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product did not work for me in color or in texture. It is pigmented, but sheer, although a little does go a long way. I have no idea how you would use this as a bronzer or highlighter. Would not blend well on top of any foundation, except a liquid or cream foundation that is very dewy.
Dislikes: hard to blend, don't use it that often, peachy color does not really work on my skin tone.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

~I bought this product originally to blend in with foundation as I was looking for something to give an extra 'dewy' glow.
~It is quite a runny fluid texture, has lovely luminessence without an over the top look - perfect for my Aussie girls who are just looking for a that little extra subtle sunkissed boost!
~It absorbs nicely into the skin, leaving just that gentle glistening sparkle.
~Not what you are looking for if want if you want alot of 'bling' to your skin say for evening/nightclub sparkle unless you add more to it,

I have used it on a few people and all of my daughters and have tried it in different ways so here goes:

Mixed with foundation:
~~ didn't work too well, I have three daughters all with different skin types (fair to olive) and in each case when blended in with foundation it gave a very "orangey" look to foundation so I will avoid this one in the future.

Applied after foundation and before powder with stippling brush: ~~ gave a nice glow but had to use alot and due to this it tended to cake a little with the foundation, so was alot of work to blend in.

Applied after foundation in smooth strokes with my fingers:
~~Perfection! I applied a little to the back of my hand and blended it over the top of the foundation - it absorbs beautifully and give a gorgeous sheen. Gave me just the illumination I was looking for and didn't turn orange at all, I didn't need alot also which was a big plus. (for more sparkle I set the face with Nars machu picchu loose powder which gave it extra sparkle and wow, looked gorgeous on my daughter for a wedding she was attending!)

Price:
~~I am used to paying ridiculous amounts for things living in Perth, Western Australia (we are the most isolated city in the world!) but I bought this off ebay for $21 and for a few dollars shipping I thought it was an excellent price as a little goes a long way. Mecca is the only place that I have seen it for sale in Perth and they sell it for $69 (whew!!)

Packaging:
~~ what you expect from Nars, nothing fancy just a simple plastic tube with a black lid. I am a sucker for lovely packaging (although the product MUST match in it's loveliness :)!!) and always wonder why NARS don't do a little more with what they have...

Thanks for reading!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Blah, what a waste! I tried Super Orgasm first because I heard that Orgasm was too sheer. It had really tacky glitter in it and just looked fake.

So I tried again and ordered the Orgasm color instead, thinking the glitter was the problem. Nope, it was really just the product. I can think of 10 other illuminating products that do a better job. I couldn't see it at all on my skin, and after I sent it back, I got pimples all where I had sampled it. Waste of my money.

Top Rated NARS Products