April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

~I bought this product originally to blend in with foundation as I was looking for something to give an extra 'dewy' glow.
~It is quite a runny fluid texture, has lovely luminessence without an over the top look - perfect for my Aussie girls who are just looking for a that little extra subtle sunkissed boost!
~It absorbs nicely into the skin, leaving just that gentle glistening sparkle.
~Not what you are looking for if want if you want alot of 'bling' to your skin say for evening/nightclub sparkle unless you add more to it,

I have used it on a few people and all of my daughters and have tried it in different ways so here goes:

Mixed with foundation:
~~ didn't work too well, I have three daughters all with different skin types (fair to olive) and in each case when blended in with foundation it gave a very "orangey" look to foundation so I will avoid this one in the future.

Applied after foundation and before powder with stippling brush: ~~ gave a nice glow but had to use alot and due to this it tended to cake a little with the foundation, so was alot of work to blend in.

Applied after foundation in smooth strokes with my fingers:
~~Perfection! I applied a little to the back of my hand and blended it over the top of the foundation - it absorbs beautifully and give a gorgeous sheen. Gave me just the illumination I was looking for and didn't turn orange at all, I didn't need alot also which was a big plus. (for more sparkle I set the face with Nars machu picchu loose powder which gave it extra sparkle and wow, looked gorgeous on my daughter for a wedding she was attending!)

Price:
~~I am used to paying ridiculous amounts for things living in Perth, Western Australia (we are the most isolated city in the world!) but I bought this off ebay for $21 and for a few dollars shipping I thought it was an excellent price as a little goes a long way. Mecca is the only place that I have seen it for sale in Perth and they sell it for $69 (whew!!)

Packaging:
~~ what you expect from Nars, nothing fancy just a simple plastic tube with a black lid. I am a sucker for lovely packaging (although the product MUST match in it's loveliness :)!!) and always wonder why NARS don't do a little more with what they have...

Thanks for reading!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by HereKittyKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blah, what a waste! I tried Super Orgasm first because I heard that Orgasm was too sheer. It had really tacky glitter in it and just looked fake.

So I tried again and ordered the Orgasm color instead, thinking the glitter was the problem. Nope, it was really just the product. I can think of 10 other illuminating products that do a better job. I couldn't see it at all on my skin, and after I sent it back, I got pimples all where I had sampled it. Waste of my money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh so beautiful. How do you hate Orgasm?!

I use my fingers to apply then use a sponge to buff it out! Love it. Doesn't wear off, beautiful color and natural glow if applied correctly.

Can't recommend it enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gives a nice sheen to the skin, definitly not the colour in the tube its very very sheer. Nice, but wouldn't buy it full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by themakeupmaven

Just finished my sample tube I got from Sephora Beauty Insider. Amazing stuff. I have very fair skin, and this actually illuminates like it says. Much better than the Multiple version.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mynewlipgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm NARS addict and after buying too much stuff I was given a few of the Orgasm illuminator samples. I was excited to try them, although generally I find the Orgasm range a bit overrated. It applied very smooth, I just put it on my cheek bones to add a glow to my dry dull skin. But, sadly it didn't show up so well. However, not all hope was lost when I saw the other new shades released a few weeks ago in the UK. I was convinced that I would get copacabana but wound up buying Super Orgasm instead. it is just beautiful. Not overly glittery but picks up the light nicely. It doesn't disappear into my red cheeks either and I have got a lot of compliments on how fresh faced I look wearing it. I still may buy the copacabana as well, and am still in search of that perfect illuminator but this was just lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by kncwashere

I like this product alot..i bought it in a set with their deep throat lip gloss and a eye pencil..i cannot get over how little amount you need to get this sex sheen it gives..it was a little pricey $50 (est) for the kit..everything was full sized though so it was a good deal i couldnt pass up..i was reccomend this to anyone with the same skin tone as me bc it just brings it out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by pikkumyy

I bought the illuminator about ten months ago, and really didn't like it when I first bought it. I felt it made my skin look oily. However, I've recently started using it again, using only a tiny (less than a pea-size) amount, blend it on to my cheek bones, then I follow by using my Giorgio Armani Face Fabric foundation.. then finally, use a little bit of Nars Laguna bronzer on my cheekbones, and I look glowy and very refreshed! The only reason I wouldn't buy it again, is that I will probably purchase the Orgasm blush instead..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sterol86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product and I mix it with my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation to create a 'dewy' look on my skin. I could wear the foundation on its own but the illuminator gives my skin a nice and subtle glow when mixed with my foundation. The only issue I have is the size of the tube and how much you pay for it, otherwise I love this product and will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have a small size from a gift box. Very pretty and subtle. I bet this will look a lot better if I were tan. Would repurchase though because I just dont use highlighters a lot and for how pretty its just too expensive for the little use I'd get out of it.