NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My Nars Orgasm Illuminator Uses:

1) Using it before foundation to make my skin appear very smooth.

2) Mixing it with medium or full coverage foundations to make the coverage sheer, or extrememly light, like a tinted moisturizer.

3) Using it, and then only powder on top, to prevent the powder from drying my skin out, and making my face look extremely smooth.

4) Mixing it with a matte foundation to take the foundation from matte, to natural, or even dewy.

5) On only my cheek bones and bridge of my nose

6) By itself when I skip makeup, but want a smoth, radiant look, since I have dry skin.

This illuminator is expensive, and doesn't show any color. I like the way it brightens up my face without too much shimmer. The shimmer doesn't show up when I put this on my face. It doesn't leave a greasy look or feeling like some illuminators.

It's a very thin illuminator, and on my cheeks left a dewy look, but it was barely noticeably dewy. It was 29 dollars for 1.1 ounces. This illuminator definitely makes my face look smoother, and sheers out my foundations. If I want to use a medium foundation that looks sheer almost like a tinted moisturizer, I just add this to the foundation. My face looks spectacular when I apply one drop of Nars sheer glow, and two or three drops of this. My MUFE HD foundation looks a little matte on my dry skin, so on days I want it dewy, I just add this illuminator in the palm of my hand with the HD foundation.

Not sure if I'll buy again, since there might be cheaper alternatives. I realized however that I do need an illuminator in my makeup bag.

Ok I know it's expensive but I absolutely love it! if I could find a cheaper version, I would buy it but I've yet to do that. Sephora gave me a free sample and I fell in love! I put it over my blush and it gives me a great glow! I love this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I find that this just looks like shimmer on me. This is nice, I suppose, but its a bit expensive for shimmer. I was expecting something like the orgasm blush and it is very different, just glittery. I rarely use it. Its nice on occasion but not worth it for me. The tube packaging is nice, I don't see many highlighters/shimmers like that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My friend told me how much she loved this and that I absolutely had to buy this. The $29 price tag made me hold off on purchasing for awhile. I scored this in a value set from Sephora (which also included Deep Throat blush, deep throat lip gloss, and eye shadow pencil in Aigle Noir). Well I'm glad I got this as part of a value set, because it's definately not worth $29! The consistency is very runny. I tried mixing with liquid foundation, I really didn't look like I was "glowing" and appeared slightly orange (I'm an NW20-which could be the culprit). My skin is oily, and I found that this illuminator just made my skin WAY greasier. I'll stick with NARS powder highlighter in Albatross or Clinque loose Gentle Light powder for that "glowing" effect.

This product is very sheer and I honestly cant tell the collor difference between any of the colors once they're on. It makes my makeup application take longer in the morning and you can barley tell its there. its very natural and in my opinion, its not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this product for free as a gift with purchase.

I was a little confused since I thought this would be a more traditional highlighter, but it really just brings out a little bit of a 'natural' glow to your skin that's very subtle. I have mixed it in with my NARS sheer glow foundation for a sun kissed, natural glow for my skin. I have also dabbed it on my cheeks before or after putting on blush just to bring out that natural glow to my skin. It's also really nice to use on shoulders, chest, legs for summer days.

I wouldn't repurchase just because it's not really something I 'need' in my make up stash. But if I was to get it for free again I would definately use it all up since it is something nice, but not necessary to have in my make up bag. I like it for days when I want that natural, no make look for a peachy glow.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a really good product for those who can afford it. lol. I got a sample from my sephora and when I tried it on, it was really sheer on my wrists. It had minute shimmer to it that orgasm has. On my cheeks, it just illuminates my face. It makes me seem wide awake with a hint of glowy-ness that I love! I am oily, but this stays put. Layer this on and put orgasm blush on top and it stays on for most of the day! yey! i might just purchase a bottle of this one day. But the sample the sa gave me was a good amount and you really dont need much at all! Oh yeah, I use the mac 190 for this. I tried this today by mixing it with my sunblock. Amazing! It gently makes your face look brightened! Glow-y! Highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this deluxe size in a gift set from Sephora. I didn't really think this did anything but give a bit of shimmer but when I wore it I got a lot of compliments saying that I looked glowing and happy and what I did differently with my makeup because it looks really pretty. So, yay!

I received a sample of this from Sephora and consider this product to be just mediocre. It does give you a little shimmer and highlighting effect, but not really enough to warrant an entirely separate product and exrea step in your makeup routine. I have tried it as an all-over highligher with no makeup, I looked essentially the same although at least it blended well. I have also tapped it along my cheekbones as a highlighter over my makeup with barely noticeable results. It was fun to try, but totally not worth it for the price associated with purchasing a whole tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a large sample size of this from Sephora. I rarely use highlighters since I am over 45 and most of them are too frosty. The SA applied this on me and I'm glad he did or I would have been using it wrong. Don't rub in; just tap it onto your skin with fingertips. I use this to highlight my cheekbones and under the brows, and I really like it for that purpose. It is quite subtle. I'm very fair and warm and it does not have any color on me, just a gleam. I think it's excellent for what it does.

That said, I think this product has limited value. The sample size I got (about the size of a Juicy Tubes lip gloss) will probably last me 4 years considering how little I need and how rarely I would use it. I'm not sure why they sell it in a giant squeeze tube, BIGGER THAN MOST FOUNDATIONS!

I also tried using it as some older reviewers have suggested, mixing in with my foundation to give a "glow." It just made me look sweaty. The glowing effect might work better on darker skin tones.

Finally, I agree with others that a smaller squeeze top would be better--one with a tiny point would help you just get the pin-sized amount of product you need.

Top Rated NARS Products