October 24, 2014 | 956 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this deluxe size in a gift set from Sephora. I didn't really think this did anything but give a bit of shimmer but when I wore it I got a lot of compliments saying that I looked glowing and happy and what I did differently with my makeup because it looks really pretty. So, yay!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by lexxa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from Sephora and consider this product to be just mediocre. It does give you a little shimmer and highlighting effect, but not really enough to warrant an entirely separate product and exrea step in your makeup routine. I have tried it as an all-over highligher with no makeup, I looked essentially the same although at least it blended well. I have also tapped it along my cheekbones as a highlighter over my makeup with barely noticeable results. It was fun to try, but totally not worth it for the price associated with purchasing a whole tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Like many others, I got a generous sample of this from Sephora. It has a beautiful, creamy consistency that melts into your skin without any tacky feeling. The peachy-bronze tint doesn't really show up once you blend it in, instead you're only left with a very fine shimmer/ sheen that isn't at all frosty. (It reminds me of the same high-quality, micro-shimmer that Dior Amber Diamond imparts). I will definitely be using this up, but I wouldn't repurchase because I'm just not a fan of shimmer. Instead, my HG highlighter is a BB Cream called Hanskin Glossy Magic. It's cheaper ($14 for 30ml) and has skin-loving ingredients, oil control, and the glow I get from it is so much nicer than anything else I've tried. There is no visible shimmer AT ALL, just an iridescent gleam, kind of like Smashbox's Artificial Light, except with a heavier consistency and more opalescence... Oops, sorry this turned into a different review altogether... hehe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a large sample size of this from Sephora. I rarely use highlighters since I am over 45 and most of them are too frosty. The SA applied this on me and I'm glad he did or I would have been using it wrong. Don't rub in; just tap it onto your skin with fingertips. I use this to highlight my cheekbones and under the brows, and I really like it for that purpose. It is quite subtle. I'm very fair and warm and it does not have any color on me, just a gleam. I think it's excellent for what it does.

That said, I think this product has limited value. The sample size I got (about the size of a Juicy Tubes lip gloss) will probably last me 4 years considering how little I need and how rarely I would use it. I'm not sure why they sell it in a giant squeeze tube, BIGGER THAN MOST FOUNDATIONS!

I also tried using it as some older reviewers have suggested, mixing in with my foundation to give a "glow." It just made me look sweaty. The glowing effect might work better on darker skin tones.

Finally, I agree with others that a smaller squeeze top would be better--one with a tiny point would help you just get the pin-sized amount of product you need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product did not work for me in color or in texture. It is pigmented, but sheer, although a little does go a long way. I have no idea how you would use this as a bronzer or highlighter. Would not blend well on top of any foundation, except a liquid or cream foundation that is very dewy.
Dislikes: hard to blend, don't use it that often, peachy color does not really work on my skin tone.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

~I bought this product originally to blend in with foundation as I was looking for something to give an extra 'dewy' glow.
~It is quite a runny fluid texture, has lovely luminessence without an over the top look - perfect for my Aussie girls who are just looking for a that little extra subtle sunkissed boost!
~It absorbs nicely into the skin, leaving just that gentle glistening sparkle.
~Not what you are looking for if want if you want alot of 'bling' to your skin say for evening/nightclub sparkle unless you add more to it,

I have used it on a few people and all of my daughters and have tried it in different ways so here goes:

Mixed with foundation:
~~ didn't work too well, I have three daughters all with different skin types (fair to olive) and in each case when blended in with foundation it gave a very "orangey" look to foundation so I will avoid this one in the future.

Applied after foundation and before powder with stippling brush: ~~ gave a nice glow but had to use alot and due to this it tended to cake a little with the foundation, so was alot of work to blend in.

Applied after foundation in smooth strokes with my fingers:
~~Perfection! I applied a little to the back of my hand and blended it over the top of the foundation - it absorbs beautifully and give a gorgeous sheen. Gave me just the illumination I was looking for and didn't turn orange at all, I didn't need alot also which was a big plus. (for more sparkle I set the face with Nars machu picchu loose powder which gave it extra sparkle and wow, looked gorgeous on my daughter for a wedding she was attending!)

Price:
~~I am used to paying ridiculous amounts for things living in Perth, Western Australia (we are the most isolated city in the world!) but I bought this off ebay for $21 and for a few dollars shipping I thought it was an excellent price as a little goes a long way. Mecca is the only place that I have seen it for sale in Perth and they sell it for $69 (whew!!)

Packaging:
~~ what you expect from Nars, nothing fancy just a simple plastic tube with a black lid. I am a sucker for lovely packaging (although the product MUST match in it's loveliness :)!!) and always wonder why NARS don't do a little more with what they have...

Thanks for reading!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by HereKittyKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blah, what a waste! I tried Super Orgasm first because I heard that Orgasm was too sheer. It had really tacky glitter in it and just looked fake.

So I tried again and ordered the Orgasm color instead, thinking the glitter was the problem. Nope, it was really just the product. I can think of 10 other illuminating products that do a better job. I couldn't see it at all on my skin, and after I sent it back, I got pimples all where I had sampled it. Waste of my money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh so beautiful. How do you hate Orgasm?!

I use my fingers to apply then use a sponge to buff it out! Love it. Doesn't wear off, beautiful color and natural glow if applied correctly.

Can't recommend it enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gives a nice sheen to the skin, definitly not the colour in the tube its very very sheer. Nice, but wouldn't buy it full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by themakeupmaven

Just finished my sample tube I got from Sephora Beauty Insider. Amazing stuff. I have very fair skin, and this actually illuminates like it says. Much better than the Multiple version.