July 24, 2014 | 1296 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this and probably for the main reason most people don't seem to- this is thicker and gives quite a bit of coverage for a TM. It reminds me of Tarte's Smooth Operator in that sense; the look and feel on the skin, texture and blendability. It is a 'dewy' finish foundation, and this paired with the thicker texture is a good thing for me. I have combo-dry skin and need heavier moisture content in my foundations. I also prefer a softer, more natural look as opposed to a flat, matte look which ages me unnecessarily by sucking the life out of my skin. This doesn't; this makes me look fresh and flawless. I love the pump, but since you don't need a lot, even one full pump is still a bit too much for my needs so I'm using about a half to 3/4 pump if I can manage it, otherwise I'm just blending really well with a sponge afterwards. The coverage, the feel, the look and the high SPF are all awesome in this. It doesn't break me out and despite the lousy shade range -on me it seemed to run dark, I had to to up a shade- but despite that, it doesn't seem to oxidize later in the day and turn darker, which is good. If I want to be more matte I'll brush on some of the SPF50 powder foundation over it. If I don't want matte but want it to really last, I'll brush on Smashbox Halo over this. Either way, powder or no powder, it still doesn't look cakey or made-up, it just looks natural and flawless in any kind of light and believe me I checked! I still use a little concealer in some areas to even things out, but not nearly as much as I have to with other less opaque TM's.

Shadewise, I'm wearing Fair to Light because I'm still a bit winter-pale but keeping the Light to Natural one I initially started with for summer when I'm a little darker than normal. I guess I still think $15 is a lot for a drugstore foundation, not that I haven't paid a LOT more elsewhere, so I wait for this to go on sale or have the bonus packages so you get a freebie to make up for it. Pretty darn good, as TM's go, especially if you need one that actually acts more like a foundation with some coverage instead of just tinted water :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by myspace4jes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love tinted moisturizers, they are so easy,and dont clog pores like foundations do. But, unfortunately this tm wasnt that amazing. the coverage is a bit thick due to the fact that its spf 50. the pump makes its so much easier to use, BUT the lettering all over the packaging rubs off, its really annoying. also, the colors run super light, so tan and medium toned ppl wont be able to have a shade that matches them. overall, its good for the spf purpose, but idk if its amazing :/ also price is pretty expensive for drugstore

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by syntheticelegance

I love that it has spf 50, something that really helps when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to apply sunscreen underneath.

Great sunscreen and foundation in one!
It is a lot more tinted that the average tinted moiturizers which is good because it'll even out your skin more effectively.One or two pumps is enough to cover your face. It goes on really easy, I just use my fingers and blend it in.

What I like about it most is that it gives me a dewy finish and it doesn't look like I have caked on my makeup. In fact, it looks like I have no makeup on, which has led to people thinking that my skin is simply naturally awesome. I don't even have to apply powder on top of it if I choose not to.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Suzanne941

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

very good coverage - more pigmented that a lot of tinted moisturizers. Wears well without turning too oily, a feat here in Florida. I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The more I wear this the more I like it. It really is a great sunscreen and foundation in one without any benzones like avobenzone or oxybenzone to irritate. I am sensitive to chemical ss and can wear this without a problem. I love products that save steps and this is one of them. It is very densely pigmented, much more than the typical tinted moisturizer. It is at least medium coverage to me. There are 4 shades and the light to natural works for my light to medium olive tone though it is a bit ashy on me. I would not say this is very moisturizing but not really drying either. I don't find it greasy at all. It does leave a dewy finish on me so maybe some reviewers are thinking it is greasy? It does settle a tiny bit into fine lines but I can see that only with my magnifying mirror. It is really a brilliant product because it offers a high spf and some uva blockers (titanium dioxide and zinc). I don't use a quarter tsp of this as is recommended with ss because it would be way too masklike due to the high level of pigement in this, so I may not be getting the full spf but I am still thrilled if I am getting 20 or 30 out of it. There is really nothing else like this offered in the drugstore. The packaging is excellent! Nice airless type pump. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by LadyVagabond

I'm really beginning to LOVE this stuff!

I first tried it last summer, & I felt like it was greasy & not so great. I recently decided to try it again, as my skin has changed in the last several months & is now freakishly dry. I LOVE IT. I gives me amazing full coverage, I barely need concealer at all! I mix it with a little illuminating cream from Napoleon Perdis, & I end up with a beautiful dewy look. Plus, my skin doesn't get dry & uncomfortable throughout the day when I wear this.

I took off one lippie because it does get a bit shiny (especially in the T-Zone) as the day goes on, but I don't mind that at all, & dabbing a bit of Benefit's Dr. Feelgood over my nose makes that go away quick. I can see how oily skin people may not like this though it does have a thick consistency like sunscreen.

I've been wearing it every day for the last several weeks, & I haven't broken out or had any other problems. It's kinda amazing!

N

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGaL54

I wanted to love this product so much but alas it has been added to the ever-growing pile of unused products stashed behind the bathroom mirror. PF had a great concept with this TM--oil-free, paraben-free, sweat-proof & water-proof...However it fails to deliver...First of all it feels ridiculously heavy, greasy & oily. If i wanted that feel, I'd opt for an actual liquid foundation with better coverage instead. Second, the shade selection is minimal. I am of East Indian descent so my skintone is a light tan color & the "Tan" shade is still way too light for my skin. I don't understand why PF doesn't come out with a better shade selection for the more tanned, darker ladies out there. For a drugstore brand, PF is a great option but this tinted moisturizer is an absolute FAIL in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by misskenzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product last June and now it is the end of March and it still isn't gone yet, and I wear it almost daily. It is worth the price. It provides good coverage while still looking natural. I wear it under pressed powder and it looks great.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I think it is ok. I got the lightest and THAT was way to dark for me. It came out runny and orange. Its good for the SPF though. Im trying to get it to work. I dont think it will for me it comes out runny and makes my skin look greasy and I already have oily skin.......... Still looking for a good T.M. This isnt it for me :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PF has been really surprising me lately. CVS had a BOGO 50% off sale, and I've been trying to get as much sunscreen on my skin as possible, so it seemed worth the risk.

I bought Fair to Light, which is still a little too dark for my skin. The texture is very moisturizing.

It has a very noticable 'off' smell. The texture is quite greasy unless you use a mattifier. I love the packaging and will continue to use, but will not repurchase.