Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 6/16/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been on a crazy TM search over the past few weeks. It's summer and foundation is just too much! I purchased this in Fair to Natural, thinking it was the lightest shade, but this was just the lightest one in stock. I love the packaging and the SPF. However, the coverage is almost nonexistent. But it's a good thing, because I'm pretty fair and this still doesn't make me look too dark. I really don't understand why people complain about color selection for TM if the coverage is extremely sheer anyway. The finish is very natural, I can barely feel it on my skin when it sets.
Overall, I would repurchase in the right shade and maybe use year-round. (: I took one lippy off because it's pretty expensive for a drugstore TM. I got it for roughly 13 dollars, I think.

on 6/9/2011 1:30:00 AM

This product actually works well for me. I didn't like it when I bought it back in April because it was a shade too dark for me and I couldn't make the color work. I almost returned it, but decided to keep it for summer because that's what I bought it for anyway, and also, because I knew I would darken up a bit. I'm so glad I kept it.

The lightest shade (Ivory to fair) is perfect in the summer months when my sunless tanners start to wear off and I'm between color shades. Summer frustrates me because I feel like I need a zillion shades of foundations and TMs to keep up with my fake bakes as they fade away and I reapply. I usually have almost porcelain skin in the winter, and Ivory to Fair in this TM is a step up from that. With some bronzer added on the face, you can darken it up.

As far as coverage, it evens out most redness on my cheeks and provides a nice dewy finish. I do find that you have to let it soak into your skin before you see the results, though. I usually apply it first, go do my eye make-up, and once I'm done with that, the product has soaked in and evened everything out. I do have an oily t-zone in the summer, and I don't think this product gives me the oil slick effect. I mean, it might after a full day, but no cheap TM will provide a completely matte finish all day.

Overall, I'm really happy with this product. I get a great SPF for full days out in the sun, and an even skintone. Plus, it's really inexpensive. Score!

The only downside I can see is the limited selection of color options.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love this as a tinted moisturizer. Put a translucent powder over this and it will stay on all day! I love the packaging, the pump is PERFECT! I wish the color selection was better, but it's as expected with a tinted moisturizer. The color is (most likely) not gonna be perfect on you, but you can make it work. This has a tiny bit of a sticky feel, but nothing compared to the stickiness of many other TM's I've tried. I also love the SPF 50. Major plus!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really, really like this tinted moisturizer and am so glad I picked it up for the summer. For reference, I found this at Walgreens and bought it when they were having their half-off sale with the Healthy Wear Translucent powder. And I originally purchased this for the high valued of SPF (50!) and am very satisfied with it.

First off, the packaging: it comes in the little clear box and then in the bright orange and pink tube - very fun for summer, in my opinion. And like the compact, it has an attached ribbon who's purpose is unknown to me, but it's cute. It's a pump bottle, one of those that pumps out just the right amount, very controllable. I don't like that I cannot see into the bottle, but I guess when it stops pumping, I stop getting product out of it. =]

The price point is a little high for a drugstore foundation, I believe this retails for around $15 at CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and certain Wal-Mart locations. I picked up mine at CVS at half-off, and you can usually find sales on this particular brand so I'd wait for one of those. But for that $15, you can the typical ounce of foundation in some great packaging.

The product is a little off in color and this was probably one of the only two negative attributes I could come up with, personally, the other being the oily after effects. But the shades are running very dark, so I've noticed. I'm an NW20, ranging from NW15 to NW25 depending on the season, but I'm always gonna have combination skin. This foundation looks to be at least NW25 or NW30 (I don't generally venture out past my range). I don't understand why they chose to call their lightest shade "Ivory to Fair." But you do get four choices, anyone lighter than NW20 may be out of luck. The other negative was the oily spots on my face were brought out about an hour after wear. The foundation still held up but left me oily in my standard oily spots: my chin and T-zone. But this was easily recovered with a dusting of powder.

The positive attributes outweigh the negatives. I get a nice, even, dewy, light to medium coverage from this foundation. It just brightens my complexion despite being a shade or two off and I simply love the way it looks after application. It is easily blended on and out, down my neck, so that it doesn't look too different from the rest of me. It's easy to use your fingers with this one but if it doesn't match you right on, I would suggest blending out with a brush. (I use a big, fluffy kabuki and the HW powder.) The high SPF is a great factor, too, it's definitely going to be a summer staple for me. The packaging on it is great, and just the overall performance of this foundation has me won over. The wear, too, is nice despite the oily spots I get after a little while wearing it, but as I said, those are easily fixed.

As for recommendations, I would definitely recommend this to those with dry or combination skin during the summer. Again, I wouldn't want someone with ultra fair skin to get the lightest shade and be disappointed - it is very dark to be called "Ivory to Fair." But it would be easy to mix, too, if need be. Definitely love this, though, and will repurchase.

on 5/1/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really like this and probably for the main reason most people don't seem to- this is thicker and gives quite a bit of coverage for a TM. It reminds me of Tarte's Smooth Operator in that sense; the look and feel on the skin, texture and blendability. It is a 'dewy' finish foundation, and this paired with the thicker texture is a good thing for me. I have combo-dry skin and need heavier moisture content in my foundations. I also prefer a softer, more natural look as opposed to a flat, matte look which ages me unnecessarily by sucking the life out of my skin. This doesn't; this makes me look fresh and flawless. I love the pump, but since you don't need a lot, even one full pump is still a bit too much for my needs so I'm using about a half to 3/4 pump if I can manage it, otherwise I'm just blending really well with a sponge afterwards. The coverage, the feel, the look and the high SPF are all awesome in this. It doesn't break me out and despite the lousy shade range -on me it seemed to run dark, I had to to up a shade- but despite that, it doesn't seem to oxidize later in the day and turn darker, which is good. If I want to be more matte I'll brush on some of the SPF50 powder foundation over it. If I don't want matte but want it to really last, I'll brush on Smashbox Halo over this. Either way, powder or no powder, it still doesn't look cakey or made-up, it just looks natural and flawless in any kind of light and believe me I checked! I still use a little concealer in some areas to even things out, but not nearly as much as I have to with other less opaque TM's.

Shadewise, I'm wearing Fair to Light because I'm still a bit winter-pale but keeping the Light to Natural one I initially started with for summer when I'm a little darker than normal. I guess I still think $15 is a lot for a drugstore foundation, not that I haven't paid a LOT more elsewhere, so I wait for this to go on sale or have the bonus packages so you get a freebie to make up for it. Pretty darn good, as TM's go, especially if you need one that actually acts more like a foundation with some coverage instead of just tinted water :)

on 4/26/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely love tinted moisturizers, they are so easy,and dont clog pores like foundations do. But, unfortunately this tm wasnt that amazing. the coverage is a bit thick due to the fact that its spf 50. the pump makes its so much easier to use, BUT the lettering all over the packaging rubs off, its really annoying. also, the colors run super light, so tan and medium toned ppl wont be able to have a shade that matches them. overall, its good for the spf purpose, but idk if its amazing :/ also price is pretty expensive for drugstore

I love that it has spf 50, something that really helps when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to apply sunscreen underneath.

Great sunscreen and foundation in one!
It is a lot more tinted that the average tinted moiturizers which is good because it'll even out your skin more effectively.One or two pumps is enough to cover your face. It goes on really easy, I just use my fingers and blend it in.

What I like about it most is that it gives me a dewy finish and it doesn't look like I have caked on my makeup. In fact, it looks like I have no makeup on, which has led to people thinking that my skin is simply naturally awesome. I don't even have to apply powder on top of it if I choose not to.

on 4/17/2011 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

very good coverage - more pigmented that a lot of tinted moisturizers. Wears well without turning too oily, a feat here in Florida. I would purchase again.

on 4/6/2011 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The more I wear this the more I like it. It really is a great sunscreen and foundation in one without any benzones like avobenzone or oxybenzone to irritate. I am sensitive to chemical ss and can wear this without a problem. I love products that save steps and this is one of them. It is very densely pigmented, much more than the typical tinted moisturizer. It is at least medium coverage to me. There are 4 shades and the light to natural works for my light to medium olive tone though it is a bit ashy on me. I would not say this is very moisturizing but not really drying either. I don't find it greasy at all. It does leave a dewy finish on me so maybe some reviewers are thinking it is greasy? It does settle a tiny bit into fine lines but I can see that only with my magnifying mirror. It is really a brilliant product because it offers a high spf and some uva blockers (titanium dioxide and zinc). I don't use a quarter tsp of this as is recommended with ss because it would be way too masklike due to the high level of pigement in this, so I may not be getting the full spf but I am still thrilled if I am getting 20 or 30 out of it. There is really nothing else like this offered in the drugstore. The packaging is excellent! Nice airless type pump. Good stuff.

on 3/29/2011 1:35:00 PM

I'm really beginning to LOVE this stuff!

I first tried it last summer, & I felt like it was greasy & not so great. I recently decided to try it again, as my skin has changed in the last several months & is now freakishly dry. I LOVE IT. I gives me amazing full coverage, I barely need concealer at all! I mix it with a little illuminating cream from Napoleon Perdis, & I end up with a beautiful dewy look. Plus, my skin doesn't get dry & uncomfortable throughout the day when I wear this.

I took off one lippie because it does get a bit shiny (especially in the T-Zone) as the day goes on, but I don't mind that at all, & dabbing a bit of Benefit's Dr. Feelgood over my nose makes that go away quick. I can see how oily skin people may not like this though it does have a thick consistency like sunscreen.

I've been wearing it every day for the last several weeks, & I haven't broken out or had any other problems. It's kinda amazing!

N