TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 6/27/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Since I only wash my hair every other day, I decided to buy a dry shampoo for the days I don't. The first thing I noticed when I used it is that it has a pretty good scent, but it gets a little annoying after a while. I follow the instructions on the back carefully and if sprayed lightly from far away I find that there is less of a white film visible. I find that this dry shampoo masks the look of oily hair which i like, but it doesn't actually absorb all of the oil and it makes my hair feel kind of weird. There are probably better dry shampoos out there, but for now this one does the job for now.

on 6/27/2013 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I actually used a bottle of this and I'm still on my second bottle only because the spray is clogged and won't get unclogged. I even followed to submerge it water to loosen the material from the nozzle. It won't work. After I take the nozzle off and spray it, it's really tough and hurts my finger. Moving on, this is horrible. The first bottle worked great for me so I got another one. But the second time around didn't work out for me. I have really really greasy hair and its also thin too. After spaying this in my hair, later on in the day my hair was weighed down and even more oily than before. It was also powdery and too white. I'm on the search for a new dry shampoo.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking forward to trying out this product because everything else I have by TRESemmé works so well for me. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. It took away no oil or odor. If anything it caused my hair to be even oilier. I'm not a fan of the scent either. I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I usually like Tresemme products but this one was more of a miss for me. didn't really like the smell of it and left my hair feeling weird after. I believe there are other dry shampoos that do a better job for the same price. or good ol' baby powder does the trick! absorbs all the oil from your roots!

on 6/20/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I regret ever getting this dry shampoo. It is crappy and it leaves a white film on my hair. My hair doesn't feel clean at all and still looks and feels greasy. The scent is too strong that it burns my nostrils. :( I wanted to love it because of the low price but it's not meant to be.

on 6/15/2013 1:11:00 AM

My hair feels a lot dirtier afterwards, enough said.

on 6/2/2013 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't why im wasting time reviewing this but here goes, this product is feral and it should be boycotted off all beauty supply shelves. It does not 'dry shampoo' hair at all, all it does is take the grease away for like half an hour then ohh boy the grease is back 1000 times worse, and I need to have a full shower to get the horrid residue out of my hair. I would absolutely not repurchase this product ever again in my whole life

on 5/28/2013 8:54:00 PM

This product sucks. It left white streaks of residue in my hair that refused to come out. It didn't do anything to make my hair look fresher, it actually looked more clumpy and gross. I threw the product away. Buy Batiste instead, its soooo much better.

on 5/14/2013 10:24:00 PM

I had tried batiste and looking for a cheaper alternative, I came across this. The smell is this strong typical generic, nostalgic hairspray smell. Unlike batiste, it came out a liquid rather than a very fine powder. I found it covered the look of shiny hair but my hair still felt heavy and matted down. It's possible this product just made me feel more gross. You're better off using baby powder.

on 5/2/2013 7:14:00 PM

Man, this is horrible. I was hoping that I could use this as a cheaper substitute than Batiste, but I just can't. It makes my hair feel disgusting, very thick and heavy. It leaves this gunky residue on it. The white overcast is never an issue because I know how to clear it up, but the product itself just does not work well with my hair. Batiste is the best dry shampoo I have tried.

Video Reviews & Tutorials