August 23, 2014 | 1090 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by littlefreco9

I bought this product thinking that it would make my day-old hair look fresh since I wash my hair every other day. Not only did it leave me more oily, it made my scalp SUPER ITCHY! Maybe it was just me, but my hair was so itchy even after I washed it thoroughly that I could NOT sleep for the next few days following my use of this product. Definitely do not recommend to those who generally have sensitive skin. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by gadoyle

I bought this about a year ago, and used it only a couple of times before the aerosol sprayer got clogged and stopped working. I recently purchased it again, which was a mistake. It does little in the dry shampoo factor, and the smell is horrible. The sprayer also clogged up again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the travel size of this... it works just like any other dry shampoo. I have used better ones though, like the one called "Pssssst!"

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've long known that washing daily isn't necessary but wasn't satisfied with just conditioning my hair in the shower - I could still smell the day-old oily scent on my scalp after 5 hours. I bought this on a whim at CVS and I am glad I did. I love the clean, slightly citrus scent. It did leave a white powder that I hadn't seen with Psssst. It gave me a glimpse of what I look like with salt n pepper hair - not bad. It took away almost 2 days of grease; still noticeable grease but fresh smelling. Scent is really important to me and I don't care how good a product is if I don't like the fragrance. I'll continue to try other brands but I will repurchase this unless I find a better one!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fresh start? I DON'T THINK SO! This made my hair waaaay more oily. Would have been better off to use nothing. Since I've stopped using this years ago I've been a faithful user of Batistes dry shampoo. I continue to purchase it and that actually does what a dry shampoo should do. I highly recommend checking that one out and skipping on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how many negative reviews this product has. I really love it!
I don't have a problem with it leaving white residue at all! However I have light blonde highlights in already blonde hair, so many this problem is worse for those with dark hair? However my roommate with very dark brown hair also uses this product and likes it.

I have really fine hair that looks so flat when I straighten it, so I use this to help add some volume and thickness after I straighten it, or after skipping a day of hair-washing. It doesn't make my hair look just-washed if it's oily from the day before, but it makes it aceptable if I spray it and brush it through. My hair only feels heavy with product if I use too much, but it takes a lot for that to happen. The price is also unbeatable, and you can get little travel ones of the same variety - so useful!

I only have the packaging a 3 because I had a can of this that the pray top broke and I had to throw it out. I wasn't too bummer though because I had bought the wrong variety and wanted to get the one for oily/straight hair anyway.
Have purchased this multiple times and will buy again when it runs out

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I really liked this, because the smell wasn't too strong like many other dry shampoos and it worked pretty well. It did leave white marks in my hair which had to be brushed out but wasn't as white as many others that I've used. The main problem with this was that it made my scalp really itch, this went away when I stopped using it and I wouldnt get it again for this reason only.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was so awful! I expect that I wont like the way products perform, or that some products just aren't for me but this was so opposite of what it should be. A dry shampoo that sprays wet, leaves residue you can feel and see, and feels heavy is worse than the hair it is supposed to "fix". I would rather wash as there is nothing refreshing about this product. I used on hair that was unwashed for two days and fortunate that I tried this before bed so no one else has to see it. I will be washing in the a.m. And repurchasing my trusty Suave Keratin infused dry shampoo, this one is the worst I've tried:(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Left my hair oily and heavy. The worst product ever. Every time I use this product I have to wash my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves day-old hair feeling oily and like it has not been washed in quite some time. Totally opposite of what a dry shampoo is supposed to do (obviously). I am returning this product back to the store.