April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fresh start? I DON'T THINK SO! This made my hair waaaay more oily. Would have been better off to use nothing. Since I've stopped using this years ago I've been a faithful user of Batistes dry shampoo. I continue to purchase it and that actually does what a dry shampoo should do. I highly recommend checking that one out and skipping on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how many negative reviews this product has. I really love it!
I don't have a problem with it leaving white residue at all! However I have light blonde highlights in already blonde hair, so many this problem is worse for those with dark hair? However my roommate with very dark brown hair also uses this product and likes it.

I have really fine hair that looks so flat when I straighten it, so I use this to help add some volume and thickness after I straighten it, or after skipping a day of hair-washing. It doesn't make my hair look just-washed if it's oily from the day before, but it makes it aceptable if I spray it and brush it through. My hair only feels heavy with product if I use too much, but it takes a lot for that to happen. The price is also unbeatable, and you can get little travel ones of the same variety - so useful!

I only have the packaging a 3 because I had a can of this that the pray top broke and I had to throw it out. I wasn't too bummer though because I had bought the wrong variety and wanted to get the one for oily/straight hair anyway.
Have purchased this multiple times and will buy again when it runs out

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I really liked this, because the smell wasn't too strong like many other dry shampoos and it worked pretty well. It did leave white marks in my hair which had to be brushed out but wasn't as white as many others that I've used. The main problem with this was that it made my scalp really itch, this went away when I stopped using it and I wouldnt get it again for this reason only.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was so awful! I expect that I wont like the way products perform, or that some products just aren't for me but this was so opposite of what it should be. A dry shampoo that sprays wet, leaves residue you can feel and see, and feels heavy is worse than the hair it is supposed to "fix". I would rather wash as there is nothing refreshing about this product. I used on hair that was unwashed for two days and fortunate that I tried this before bed so no one else has to see it. I will be washing in the a.m. And repurchasing my trusty Suave Keratin infused dry shampoo, this one is the worst I've tried:(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Left my hair oily and heavy. The worst product ever. Every time I use this product I have to wash my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves day-old hair feeling oily and like it has not been washed in quite some time. Totally opposite of what a dry shampoo is supposed to do (obviously). I am returning this product back to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fancifulsuspicions

This product does not clean you hair at all, and therefore fails completely as a dry shampoo. I tried it out four times, and every time it left my hair much greasier than it was to begin with. Very unhappy with product. Never ever will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't wash my hair everyday since I'm african american and it's bad for our hair, so I spray this on so I can get back some of the bounce and shine that natural grease from my scalp takes away. I just shake the bottle to activate it, spray it in, wait for it to turn white, rub it in my scalp for a few minutes, then brush it out, and all of it comes out just fine. I would buy this again no question about it.

I don't expect this to take out every ounce of oil in my hair since I really am not washing it, but it does what it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by bonjovirocks

It has this smell..i dont really like it
plus it leaves this white looking residue so no never buying this again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sleaf

I have straight and fine hair but I have a lot of it. I regularly use dry shampoo as a refresher between washes, and this has been the only one of many dry shampoos that I have thrown away and not finished. The smell wasn't offensive to me, but the sticky residue and heavy feel of it was. It left my hair seemingly dirtier, far from refreshed. If you're looking for a good, affordable dry shampoo, look elsewhere (like Psssssst or Batiste).