L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 10/28/2013 11:47:00 PM

Out of all the drugstore primers I've tested this is the best one by far. The texture is interesting and when I put it on it really does "blur" out imperfections. Very nice. the big con is the packaging. The jar is pretty and all but my nails ends up scooping up some of the product and it gets annoying

on 10/28/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

So far I've used this for two weeks and not had a lot of trouble with it. The packaging is kind of difficult to deal with. I'd rather not deal with the pot-style product for primer. However, I really like the smoothness of this product. A little goes a very long way. So far so good. I'd love to try a more expensive product for foundation priming, but for now it is working okay.

on 10/25/2013 1:21:00 AM

Let me just start out by saying that I love this stuff. As someone with oily skin, this is a must for me. This really, really helps keep my makeup on for as long as possible, and creates such a beautiful, smooth base for my foundation to go on very nicely. Also helps prevent creasing on my eyelids, which no primer I've previously used could do. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I love it. Recommended!

on 10/22/2013 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was surprised to see so many bad reviews about this product. I have used the L'Oreal primer/corrector for about a year now. It has never caused me to break out, and I have very sensitive skin. This product is great for oily skin,acne and possibly wrinkles. It literally creates a mask over imperfections, which creates a smooth canvas for foundation. It has helped me out a lot with hiding acne and imperfections. it also reduced redness instantly. I can see how you would not like this product if you had dry skin. Now that it becoming winter time, and my skin is getting dry, I will probably have to switch to something more moisturizing. This product makes dry skin more noticeable but really helps out oil/imperfections in skin.

I bought this product due to the great reviews. I have sensitive skin that is combination/oily.

I used this product for an evening out makeup look and I do love that it made my skin instantly uplifted and concealed all pores and fine lines. My makeup lasted throughout the night (I use a setting spray as well).

I used the product the next day in my everyday makeup look and was impressed with the results.

The only downfalls would be that my skin started to break out after the second time using it and that the packaging is frankly just off, the bottle is too small to be able to get much at one time and I find myself digging with my nail.

on 9/20/2013 10:54:00 PM

I will start by saying I LOVE this product. It's difficult to fine a base/primer for the face (not just the eyes) that doesn't feel..."funky." I've tried many different primers & used many products as primers (BB creams, moisturizers, etc) & this is by FAR my favorite. I love the texture, the tone, & most of all, the functionality. It's a product that does what it says it's going to do. It minimizes fine lines, smoothes the appearance of large pores, & helps your foundation & concealer last for hours. I have pastey-white SUPER sensitive skin. This product is great. My only issue is that for me, ~$13 is a lot of money for .5 oz of a drugstore product... But I have found it is well worth it. I use this over my moisturizer, but it can also be used alone with great success. I just like using it one top of moisturizer for an extra-smooth application. LONG STORY SHORT: I love this product & will definitely re-purchase!

on 9/17/2013 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Well, I have come to like this very much. It's great cause it's kinda cheap. I think it's a great alternative to smashbox┬┤ :) I'll buy it again.

on 9/16/2013 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My mom gave me this because she didn't like it. I can see why. I have very dry skin, and this stuff just clings to my dry patches and makes them look much worse. Not a very pretty sight.

I did a little experiment. I exfoliated my face with a sugar scrub. (I just mix sugar with a face soap, by the way, and it works brilliantly) I ran my hands over my face. Baby smooth! I decided to forgo moisturizer because I didn't want anything to interfere with my informal experiment. After my face dried completely, I put this primer over it, and it still managed to cling to my dry patches (of which I thought there were none) This primer is only "magic" in that it manages to highlight all of my dry patches so I know exactly where to focus my moisturizing efforts. Thanks L'Oreal!

If you're looking for a good drugstore primer, I suggest Hard Candy's Sheer Envy (which has the same texture, just in a tube) or Rimmel's primer.

on 9/11/2013 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin with pretty regular break outs and this stuff is amazing for me! It keeps me from looking oily, covers dry spots and blemishes well so foundation goes on smoother and totally blurs my pores. I can't imagine using my foundation without it now! This stuff is just awesome! I blend it in small circles around my face and that seems to work best for me. Skin overall looks better after I apply it and makeup goes on so much better! It also works great as an eyelid primer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

AMAZING. It hides pores. Perfects my skin. Makes me look FLAWLESS. It a good price for this product because it is amazing. The only bad thing about this is that they ran iut if this product at my local walmart. I want to buy like 3 of this thing. AMAZIG

Popular Primer/ Correctors