August 28, 2014 | 863 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scentless primer is light pink and creamy, it comes in a small pot which isn't the most sanitary, but its positives more than make up for that. A little bit goes a long way with this primer and it smoothes onto the skin beautifully, minimizing pores and helping make the finishing look flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by makeupfreakxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this product is foamy, but steady and soft. At first I was dissappointed because compared to the maybelline dream smooth primer, this one didn't glide as easy since the maybelline one felt smoother and had a gel like consistency which I prefer more.
Eventually I got used to this primer, but I wouldn't buy it again because I feel like this wasn't the best possible one for me. I think the packaging is stylish and cute, but for the overall product it's a bit pricey. I would recommend this primer for those who don't need much coverage, because I personally didn't like the way my liquid foundation looked on it. This product is really not bad, it's quite average, but I did have to grab a lot of the product, until I felt satisfied that it would actually prime my face and be prepared for my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I simply did not fall under its spell.

It's like the consistency of hard, badly-mashed underboiled potatoes, so it's extremely difficult to spread even after I've rubbed it between my fingers to thin it out and use heat to make it more pliable. About impossible to use it on delicate undereye area since it takes ages to blend properly. The only way I managed to apply any of it on is through dabbing, and honestly, on a tight schedule, you don't want to spend more than a minute applying primer. A right pain in the ass.

Not to mention the packaging, which is horrible. It comes in a glass jar, which looks elegant all right, but that's about it. I dip my fingers in it, and the paste gets under my nails. I screw it close, but the lid will get all greasy from product on my fingertips. It all makes for an uninspiring and completely unmagical product. I suppose theoretically, the pale pink might counteract purplish or bluish blemishes and make for a more 'even' and 'radiant' skin tone, but considering that you're just going to put a little on, there's not much counteracting going on here.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by megnstahler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it. It's got a soft, matte finish and makes my foundation apply really evenly. Not too sure if it really improves the staying power of the foundation, though... Also wreaks havoc on makeup brushes... But for drugstore makeup it's not a bad option.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stopped at Dollar General to pick up a few things and saw the 'trial size' of this primer. It's kind of pricey at $5 but I know sometimes these types of products (eye shadow pots, liner pots, etc.) tend to get dry so I thought "5$ - maybe I'll get lucky and I'll like it." I came home, read the reviews on it and was a little worried that I wasted my money. Well, I like it and believe me, I will tell you if I think something's a waste. Here's how I tried it: I put a little dab on a few pores that are prominent, rubbed it in well and it filled the pores. Now I already have foundation on but then I just touched it up with a little face powder applied with a brush and it looks great! I have pretty good skin but like everyone else I need to cover a few areas - fine lines, a couple of lip lines that are starting, and some nose and chin pores. It covered all of it. Maybe you could try putting a few dabs over top of your foundation to 'finish' it off and see if that works. I use a 20x mirror for those close things like tweezing and this product covered all of my problem areas. I highly recommend and may go back to Dollar General to pick up a few more small sizes rather than buy a large one. Hope this helps someone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favourite drug store primer! This is one of the only primers I have tried that literally fills in my pores and makes them disappear! Foundation glides on nicely, and looks smooth on top of this as well. The downsides are its pretty thick and its easy to accidentally put too much on. I really hate the jar packaging...it gets caught under my nails EVERYTIME I go to scoop a little bit out.

I don't really notice my foundation lasting any longer than it usually does, but it is worth it just for making my damn pores go away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as an eye primer not a face primer. I don't think I would ever put this all over my face. However for an eye primer I think it's pretty good. It really makes color pop! I have tried two other primers for my eye lids, Urban Decay (which didn't work at all for me) and Shiseido (which is okay). This is almost a miracle product compared to those two. I didn't like the price but I would probably buy it again if it was on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

This is my holy grail primer. I have gone through approximately 6 or 7 tubs of this stuff in the past few years. I love the texture, very smooth and silky but not greasy. I can visibly see the difference it makes when I put it on my skin, it fills in my pores perfectly. It's lightweight and doesn't have a scent. I use it every day. I put on my facial moisturizer and then apply this primer before I put on my concealer and/or foundation. Definitely a favorite of mine, I never go without! I especially think it is useful during the hot and humid summer months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I don't really care for this primer. I feel like it's too heavy and sits really heavy on top of my skin instead of filling in lines and pores like it's supposed to. I also HATE that it's a jar - hello bacteria nightmare.
I think there are way better primers out there, some for even cheaper. Even the texture i don't like using on my skin because it just feels greasy and waxy.
Overall it doesn't really do anything for my skin, and I'll stick to my Tarte primers!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I liked this at first. Seemed to do the job okay and smooth pores a little, but I started noticing it would get a little cakey or chalky like after applying in certain places. The packaging kinda sucks, would b so much better in a pump form.