October 25, 2014 | 1884 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Samjkimball

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only use this product for under my eyes. It's really good at smoothing my dry skin and easy to apply under eye consealer. Not a good primer for the face at all, but great for eyes.

I bought this at a local dollar general store for $5 mini jar. I don't know what the full price or size is or worth. But the mini jar is good just for under my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For a ''drugstore'' product, it's really expensive. You would think that for such an expensive drugstore product, you'll have something amazing, but this is not it. First of all, let's talk about this... packaging! A jar!!! Really annoying to use, full of germs, and if you have long nails like me, absolutely messy! I spend most time trying to remove it from under my nails than actually applying it.

Also, it's really thick so it's hard to apply. Rubbing it between your fingers do help, but to me it seems like an extra annoying step when compared to other primers!

I also don't have the impression that my makeup last longer using this, or that it looks better + my cheeks and overall my skin feels really tight for the rest of the day. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about a year and a half ago and almost immediately stopped using it. If you are looking for a primer for your whole face, this is NOT it. It is not very spreadable, it is definitely not mattifying, and the jar packaging does not make it easy to get a decent amount out on your fingers. It's also not a texture that I would necessarily want all over my face.

And then (another story entirely) I ended up with acne scaring on my cheeks--the bad stuff, not the dark spots that you can fade or cover up. I tried Smashbox and Laura Mercier primers, but none of them were dense enough to make a serious difference in terms of coverage and filling in indentations. I was rifling through my very messy, embarrassingly huge supply of beauty products when I stumbled upon this product again. I realized that the denser consistency might actually be what I was looking for to make my skin look smoother, and I was right.

This product is still not perfect. Unless you are quite pale (I'm not), you're definitely going to need foundation on top of it because it settles into your pores and indentations (this sounds negative, but is actually what I needed it to do--I'd never use it around, for example, my eyes) and is a pinkish-white, so it sticks out. The consistency is a little icky. Nonetheless, it does a better job of smoothing out the really damaged areas of my skin than anything else I've tried, including the much more expensive primers, and I can't really complain about that. I think that it works best on small sections of skin--this is not an all over primer, but more of an extra layer for serious problem areas. The finish does look nice under the rest of your makeup--a little bit dewy, but not shiny (you'll definitely want powder on warmer days if you're oil-prone). The packaging is not my favorite, but I also don't necessarily think that this would benefit from being in a tube, because it would have to be less dense to be squeezable, so I just make a point of washing my hands before I use it. It's not cheap for a drug store product, but still on the lower end compared to the prices you can pay for prestige primers. This isn't an HG product and I'm not going to be fiercely loyal to it by any stretch of the imagination, but until I find something that does what I need better, I'm okay and happy with using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I don't mind this primer... You do have to rub it between your fingers before you apply to your face, that way it's easier to apply.

I like the feeling of my skin once I apply this. It does make my foundation glide on and does last a decent about of time...
But for a small container costing ($35+ AUS)... don't think I would rush out anytime soon to purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Kittykatss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer did nothing for me at all, I bought it when it first came out and it was pretty pricey at around £12.99 I think - really horrible thick gooey texture - very dry and difficult to spread or blend - the light pink colour just sat in all my pores like cement and foundation on top was a nightmare , had to remove it starightaway - disappointing what a waste of money - some people have suggested using it as eye primer - might try that if I have not thrown it away already.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by mellie48

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The primer felt nice when I tested it in the store and I thought the thickness would fill in my large pores on my t-zone.

Hugely disappointed with it in application though. I found it difficult to apply, it didn' glide on smoothly, would tend to clump and it didn't seem to fill in my pores. So an expensive mistake. I may try it as a eye primer as someone below has recommended, so I get some use out of it.

Plus the packaging is terrible, tiny jar and messy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

So, I have so far avoided this product due to negative reviews. It seems very hit or miss, either you love this product or hate it. Not much room in between.

Anyhow, I finally bought it because A) Walgreens was out of my beloved Rimmel 002 Primer, and B) I found it in the clearance bin for $1.49.

It's just ok for me. It does a decent job, I suppose. I'll keep it around for backup but it'll never replace my HG primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Natasja1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product, and im very dis pointed, It was over priced for the end result. it was think and the texture applying it, was almost comparable to spreading lipstick across my face. accept the lipstick would feel better then this primer. I don't see any difference from using it, it does nothing but add on extra dirt i dont need to my face. so bad i only used it couple times. im sticking to using good moisturizers instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scentless primer is light pink and creamy, it comes in a small pot which isn't the most sanitary, but its positives more than make up for that. A little bit goes a long way with this primer and it smoothes onto the skin beautifully, minimizing pores and helping make the finishing look flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by makeupfreakxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this product is foamy, but steady and soft. At first I was dissappointed because compared to the maybelline dream smooth primer, this one didn't glide as easy since the maybelline one felt smoother and had a gel like consistency which I prefer more.
Eventually I got used to this primer, but I wouldn't buy it again because I feel like this wasn't the best possible one for me. I think the packaging is stylish and cute, but for the overall product it's a bit pricey. I would recommend this primer for those who don't need much coverage, because I personally didn't like the way my liquid foundation looked on it. This product is really not bad, it's quite average, but I did have to grab a lot of the product, until I felt satisfied that it would actually prime my face and be prepared for my foundation.