July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great eye shadow. It's a warm hazelnut brown with a fine rose gold-ish shimmer. I would describe this as just a hair more shimmery than a satin, but not as glittery/shimmery as a shimmer finish, and not anywhere as shiny and false-looking as a metallic or a frost. The shimmer is very very fine and more dispersed than it is concentrated, so the extant of its effect is in giving an appearance of moisture. I have not experienced fall out (none of the micro shimmer flying around nor ending up all over my face), the shadow and the micro shimmer remain bound together during application. The shadow lasts well on me about 5-6 hours without primer, and starts to crease after that.
This shadow is very flattering on my warm fair skin and green eyes. I don't think it would be flattering on cool toned persons as this shadow is **not** silvery or grey like a taupey brown, its very warm and is closer *undertone* wise to a coppery red than it is to a silvery grey. The color in the pan can be deceiving in this respect because it looks cool in the pan, but its not, it's warm, very warm.
I really like the finish of this eye shadow, as I said it's like it gives the appearance of moisture, lots of moisture, like "wet," kind of. But in a good way. Reminds me of a shadow I saw Kiera Knightly wearing once, where her shadow wasn't glimmery, shimmery, metallic or matte, but more like wet-looking, extremely moisturized or oily-looking. "Wet" and "oily" sounds kind of gross, but eyelids generally are on the "wet"-side, or on the "oily"-side, so this finish ends up looking really natural.
My husband seems to really likes this shadow on me, he has described it as "really sexy" and other descriptions that intimate the idea of sex-appeal. Usually he uses non-sexual adjectives like "nice", "good", "pretty", or (rarely) "too dark" whenever I've ask his opinions on my eye makeup, so he's not one to get enthused or care much about my makeup, generally. So, that he seems to associate this eye shadow with sex it seems to be a good sign to me that this eye shadow is a keeper.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by dramagirl18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an overall amazing product, especially for the price. I purchased this at Rite Aid for just over $1 and was amazed when I swatched it. The pigmentation is amazing and the shadow itself is very soft and smooth. The only problem that I had with the product was that within a week of having it, I broke the shadow. It is similar to a pigment eyeshadow now and is hard to work with. This is not the first wet'n'wild eyeshadow that I've owned that has done this either. I think it has to do with how soft it is. I will definitely be repurchasing this eyeshadow when I get tired of using my broken one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by nconfer90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a perfect toupey color. I get endless compliments, even from my husband who prefers me without makeup. I have hazel eyes and this really makes the green pop, its gorgeous. It's great for everyday wear, doesn't look overdone. Buttery smooth, easy to blend, and very pigmented. Great value and definitally recommend this!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Love this. It's a failproof, bombproof, completely neutral crease color for whenever I'm in a hurry or want an especially natural look. I can't wear a lot of chestnutty browns because of my deep-red dyed hair, but this brown looks great. It's richly pigmented and blends well. It also presses into magnetic palette pans like a dream, and it has a permanent place snuggled up next to my MAC, Aromaleigh and Archetype shadows. I live in dread that it will be discontinued and I'll find out too late to stockpile.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eye shadow it's smooth and pigmented. I hate the packaging though. I don't know how many times I've chipped a nail trying to open it. Oh well it was only a $1 and I can always depot it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

For the price, it's a really good eyeshadow. I never wear eyeshadow without a base, and this holds up as well as my more expensive ones with a base on underneath. No complaints as to quality, color, etc.- really nice color and I like it alot!

As for the packaging- so hard to open! I cannot open it without denting the eyeshadow or getting a lot of it on my finger and I think I'm gonna waste product b/c of it. I've started not closing the eyeshadow, hopefully that won't dry it out or ruin it...but because it is so cheap guess you can't expect much, so I only took off 1 lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy cow, for the price, I did not expect anything this good. The color is excellent, and it's a duochrome! I think the Temptalia makeup blog actually listed what the UD duochrome dupe was for this, but I forget...don't think it was one of their discontinued colors (like the Lounge dupe in the Comfort Zone palette). Gorgeous, well-pigmented, goes on very smoothly with a little fall-out, but blends easily, and color can be built up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice brown shade, very affordable! I use nutty with brulee for an everyday look. If I don't have time to redo my eyes for evening I can punch this look up with brown eyeliner to give myself a smoky eye. I would buy this again but I have not hit pan yet!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

um for this price ($1.99) it is an okay e/s. on me it pulls as a shimmery orangey brown....not what i was looking for at all. i do not really like shimmer in e/s or any other face products as well but i did know it had shimmer in it when i bought it but still i perfer it matte. but i do not like the color...so yeah. it wears good, i did not use a primer and it last pretty much all day. but i will not be repurchasing this e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is NOT a dupe for mac satin taupe. I have satin taupe and its no where close. Satin taupe has so much more purple in it, its darker and has bronze undertones. While nutty is also warmed toned, it has some subtle cooled toned slightly silver understones when u look closely.
Overall, its a very true taupe and a dupe for nars ashes to ashes (not exact but very close, way closer than to satin taupe). The formula is soft but not powdery, it applies beautifully on the lid, it goes on even without patchiness. The staying power is standard... Similar to staying power of mac, nars or urban decay. It stays for about 5 hours w/o a primer and all day with a primer. It blends out nicely and the finish is nice. Its satiny and shimmery. Honestly its one of my favourite taupes (along with ashes to ashes, which is shinier, more shimmery, and satin taupe). It costs $2.99 here in canada, completely worth it. This and brule are my favourite wnw eyeshadows. Out of all the high end shadows I own I continue to reach for this so I think that says a lot.

Btw I don't mind the packaging I don't get how people can have issues with it, it opens perfectly normally. Do be careful though, the shadow cracks and chips easily

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No