St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser, but overall I do like it and would buy it again. As other reviewers have said, it does dry out your skin a little bit, but that feeling is gone once I put my moisturizer on so it doesn't bother me much. I'd lost hope with a horrible breakout and felt like nothing would help clear it, then I bought this on a whim and I'm glad I did. This and their Green Tea scrub are quickly clearing my skin and I recommend both.

I wanted to like this product - I really did. I thought green tea and salicylic acid would be the perfect combination to combat my spots and redness, but it didn't work out for me at all. I've actually broken out a little more from using it. And yes, I've been using it in conjunction with the green tea scrub as well. It smells really yummy, though, which is a plus. The packaging is also quite good, because it's easy and you can always see how much you have left.
Overall though, this product really didn't do anything for me. Bit of a shame, I was pretty excited about trying it! Oh well.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The summer heat has recently made my rosacea flare up a bit. My redness deepened and I have been battling a nodule on my cheek that just swelled up and is not going away...lovely as that sounds... I use a basic cleanser with salicylic to keep everything in check, usually the Target brand version of the Neutrogena Deep Clean. I wanted something more gentle and the St. Ives cleanser seemed to hit the spot with the soothing and more importantly anti-inflammatory green tea. The first thing I loved about this stuff is that it cuts through makeup. It is the best treatment cleanser that also removes makeup cleanly; no time with makeup remover wipes beforehand required. The cleanser is indeed calming and my nodule has decreased in size tremendously. It doesn't strip my face and I experience zero tightness after cleansing. It lathers well although the consistency is thin and I use about 3 pumps at the end of the night. I haven't had any breakouts while using this product either. I don't love the scent of this product, it's a little artificially green tea scented but it's not enough to put me off and the fragrance doesn't take away from the efficacy of the product. I will definitely buy this again.

I have the scrub, so I thought I'd try the facewash. It works REALLY well. It's cleared up my skin and makes it look fresh, and I love the smell. You can get it now with a different type of pump that you can lock - check out CVS or the grocery store. I only gave it 4 lippies because it's a bit drying, but I have really oily skin, and it's summer, so that's working for me for now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

i have rly sensitive skin so it was a little scary using this but it did seem to reduce my redness but it makes my face a little tight but i only used it twice and it rly diminished the blackheads on my nose so im gonna stick it out and see if that tight feeling goes away

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is pretty nice stuff. It has 2% BHA, which I prefer in a cleanser. I like the green color and the fruity scent. Comes in a pump bottle and it's cheap. It works to a good lather and leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. I don't find it at all drying but I am quite oily. I'm not sure how well it removes makeup, as I have been using this after grapeseed or mineral oil. I didn't notice any redness reducing like it claims on the bottle but it did not cause any breakouts for me. This didn't knock my socks off or anything but it's a good simple cleanser. I would repurchase if I couldn't find anything I liked better. I do however adore the scrub from this line.

This cleanser does the job of cleansing the skin. But it also has a big downside it has sulfate. Sure you like foam lather but in the long run it dries up the skin. I will only get it when I am broke and I need a cleanser that is cheap and animal friendly. Well to be honest I will take this instead of the Neutrogena or L'oreal but is solely base on principles. Although I will admit that this cleanser works well with a loofah sponge to scrub down the face sort like I just microderm my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Normally, i am a fan of neutrogena products. Before using this product i used to use the neutrogena rapid clear foaming scrub. Honestly, i have been using that product for a loong time (i have bought at least 10 bottles after each use) It was pretty good, but after a long time, i realized it was making my face red and was irritating. so i bought the St. Ives Green Tea Cleaner. The smell is pretty good. It is not green tea smelling as much as it smells like fruit and i guess it has a green tea scent. Because this is a cleanser and it dosen't ave exfoliating beads, i would reccomend using a cleasing brush(rather than using a exfoliating scrub-to avoid the excessive chemicals) This has cleared up my acne and i have to say the scent actually stays on your face after cleansing. This product I think would be good for whiteheads but not cystic acne because sal/ac main job is to slough off dead skin cells and it dosen't really work for cystic acne. For the 1 or 2 cystic pimples i get occasionally, i use a benzoyl peroxide mask. The price is good compared to other facial cleansers. This one was 5.99 at my local ShopRite. Another good thing is that you can find this product almost anywhere i.e ShopRite, Walmart, Target. The packaging is OK, normally i like the snap cap, so it would be good for travel but i can't really complain based on the results this product gave me. Overall this product is good. I said i would buy this product again, however, i am planning to change my facial routines because if i use a product too often it will stop working :/. If this weren't the case i would definetly buy. And yes i recommend this! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is the worst cleanser i ever used in my life. i have oily/combination skin. when i first used it.. the scent smelled good but it made my skin kinda dry. and i had to put moisturizer on top of it. few days later after continuing using this product, i start breaking out like crazy! never again buying this cleanser again! i really think that all st. ives products aren't the best for my skin type.

I love this facial cleanser, I use it twice daily, along with the Green Tea scrub every couple of days. What a huge difference these two products have made for my complexion. My once breakout prone skin is now clear, glowing and under control! Love the packaging, pretty and natural, and the scent is wonderful. Salicylic acid helps keep my oily skin under control, and pores clean. Great price for St. Ives products too! Love it!