November 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by monicameowmeoww

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have rly sensitive skin so it was a little scary using this but it did seem to reduce my redness but it makes my face a little tight but i only used it twice and it rly diminished the blackheads on my nose so im gonna stick it out and see if that tight feeling goes away

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is pretty nice stuff. It has 2% BHA, which I prefer in a cleanser. I like the green color and the fruity scent. Comes in a pump bottle and it's cheap. It works to a good lather and leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. I don't find it at all drying but I am quite oily. I'm not sure how well it removes makeup, as I have been using this after grapeseed or mineral oil. I didn't notice any redness reducing like it claims on the bottle but it did not cause any breakouts for me. This didn't knock my socks off or anything but it's a good simple cleanser. I would repurchase if I couldn't find anything I liked better. I do however adore the scrub from this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does the job of cleansing the skin. But it also has a big downside it has sulfate. Sure you like foam lather but in the long run it dries up the skin. I will only get it when I am broke and I need a cleanser that is cheap and animal friendly. Well to be honest I will take this instead of the Neutrogena or L'oreal but is solely base on principles. Although I will admit that this cleanser works well with a loofah sponge to scrub down the face sort like I just microderm my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by rachelli10

Normally, i am a fan of neutrogena products. Before using this product i used to use the neutrogena rapid clear foaming scrub. Honestly, i have been using that product for a loong time (i have bought at least 10 bottles after each use) It was pretty good, but after a long time, i realized it was making my face red and was irritating. so i bought the St. Ives Green Tea Cleaner. The smell is pretty good. It is not green tea smelling as much as it smells like fruit and i guess it has a green tea scent. Because this is a cleanser and it dosen't ave exfoliating beads, i would reccomend using a cleasing brush(rather than using a exfoliating scrub-to avoid the excessive chemicals) This has cleared up my acne and i have to say the scent actually stays on your face after cleansing. This product I think would be good for whiteheads but not cystic acne because sal/ac main job is to slough off dead skin cells and it dosen't really work for cystic acne. For the 1 or 2 cystic pimples i get occasionally, i use a benzoyl peroxide mask. The price is good compared to other facial cleansers. This one was 5.99 at my local ShopRite. Another good thing is that you can find this product almost anywhere i.e ShopRite, Walmart, Target. The packaging is OK, normally i like the snap cap, so it would be good for travel but i can't really complain based on the results this product gave me. Overall this product is good. I said i would buy this product again, however, i am planning to change my facial routines because if i use a product too often it will stop working :/. If this weren't the case i would definetly buy. And yes i recommend this! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not the best cleanser I've ever used and not the worst. It foams up quite nicely and does a good job of cleansing. My skin is normally pretty good, but for the past 3 weeks I've been breaking out more than I ever have. This didn't really seem to do anything for my acne, but it's a good morning cleanser whereas I prefer stronger stuff at night. I like the pump bottle but I wish it had a locking mechanism! My skin hasn't been any drier nor is this cleanser breaking me out like other reviews say. The smell is absolutely to die for! I'd buy it as a lotion or perfume in a heart beat!
I'm interested to try the scrub in this line.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lilxaznxamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the worst cleanser i ever used in my life. i have oily/combination skin. when i first used it.. the scent smelled good but it made my skin kinda dry. and i had to put moisturizer on top of it. few days later after continuing using this product, i start breaking out like crazy! never again buying this cleanser again! i really think that all st. ives products aren't the best for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AmberTillman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this facial cleanser, I use it twice daily, along with the Green Tea scrub every couple of days. What a huge difference these two products have made for my complexion. My once breakout prone skin is now clear, glowing and under control! Love the packaging, pretty and natural, and the scent is wonderful. Salicylic acid helps keep my oily skin under control, and pores clean. Great price for St. Ives products too! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by TheresaFang

this dried out my face like no tomorrow!!!! the first couple days were ok and it made my skin feel refreshed but after that, every morning i'd wake up with awful dry patches on my forehead and around my mouth. I stopped using it and in about 3 days the dry patches were completely gone with exfoliating and lots of moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I really like this product after only about three weeks of use.
First of all, it smells wonderful. If the scent came in a perfume, I'd easily buy it. It doesn't smell like green tea, but much sweeter (almost fruity/floral).
I use it with my Clarisonic as I have very oily skin. My face feels tight, my pores are reduced and my face is just so clean and smooth. It's done wonders for my pimples, and inside of big ones, I usually just get some around my nose and chin now. (And that's a huge change from what I had before I used this product).
I also really like the pump - two pumps and that's enough.
I use it at night and it's great for removing make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by brittany52992

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product is my favorite! i have oily skin and i used this for 6 months and my oily skin was so much better!! ive tried many products and im always gonna come back to this one! i also use the apricot scrub. thank you st ives!!!