E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:

1. Great variety of colors to choose from.

2. Affordable pricing.

3. Vegan and doesn't test on animals.

Cons:

1. Smudges. I like using black liner on the top lids of my eyes for a cat eye look. After I apply this, it looks good for about an hour or so, sometimes longer (has made it up to about 3 hours). But EVERY TIME I wear it, I end up with black smudges all over my eyelids. This happens every time, without fail. It's just a matter of how long until this occurs. These smudges are very difficult to get off, too. I don't feel comfortable wearing this liner in public.

2. Packaging. There is about as much product as a Physicians Formula one. However, PF uses way less plastic/glass and has a much smaller container. I think ELF tries to make it look like there is more liner in there than there actually is.

Comments:

I didn't like this liner. I simply cannot deal with the smudging. I am going back to Essence gel eyeliner. They are also about $3 and their lasting power sure as heck beats this. I wanted to try ELF because I like what the company stands for.

on 9/18/2013 5:12:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner at least three months ago and used it once. I actually forgot I owned it so yesterday I looked up the reviews for it and decided I would use it at school today. That was not a good idea!! Random black chunks fell out all over my face and it made one of my eyes burn all day! It was great to apply and it looked really good for about two hours, but after that it just looked terrible. I usually love all of the elf products but this one was not for me

on 9/17/2013 6:48:00 PM

HAD IT IN BLACK AND USED IT FOR THE EYES HOWEVER HAD IT SO LONGED IT DRIED UP. I DECIDED TO GO TO COFFEE FOR MY EYE BROWS AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.. SUCH A NICE RICH BROWN LAST ALL DAY AS LONG AS ITS NOT A THOUSAND DEGREES OUT! HAVEN'T NOTICED IT DRYING AND I HAVE HAD IT A FEW MONTHS NOW! LOVE THE LITTLE BRUSH IT COMES WITH! IT'S GREAT AND TO ME BETTER THAN THE STUDIO LINE EYE LINER BRUSH!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried several gel/cream eyeliners. This ELF one is by far the BEST!!! I know many of you love the MAC Fluidline. This cream eyeliner can go "head to head" with the MAC one!! I have the "black" which is quite pigmented. I also have the "punk purple" which I am not crazy for. However, I think I'll use it as a cream eyeshadow. I much prefer the "plum purple". I apply this eyeliner with the ELF Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush. I was afraid I couldn't get the hang of It. It's the best brush for this type of eyeliner!! I thought I wouldn't like the square jar. It's not a problem @ all. Another thing that makes this a great eyeliner is...no need to worry about it drying out while you're using it. I've had some expensive brands dry out on me if I left the jar opened for more than a few minutes. Last but not least...you really can not beat the $3 for this WONDERFUL product!!!

on 8/29/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

There are a ton of reviews already, so here's my two cents: I have every liner from e.l.f. to Bobbi Brown. My eye routine is a pale cream-shadow base which color corrects my pink lids, followed by an eyeliner, and that's it. No mascara, no shadow, both of which irritate my eyes. So I splash out on the gel liners (this one's called a "cream" but it looks and applies like my other gels). I expect them to stay put and to be gorgeous.

I bought several e.l.f.s on a whim, figuring I could give them to my daughters if they were awful :) I am quite impressed. The price is dirt cheap. The pots are smaller than regular pots, FYI, so factor that in. People have complained about them drying out; my response is "put the cap on" which is why I don't let my girls borrow my liners. I've had some of these for almost two years and they're still fine.

The darkest shades like black and navy won't give you the "power" line for winged liner looks; that's the main difference I notice. However, if you're using it as a color and defining accent, I recommend whatever colors you find pretty. They don't irritate my eyes, and I generally wear shimmers. I've also used a couple of their darker-colored regular cream eyeshadows as eyeliners.

The brush is terrible; I don't even use this shape of brush for eyelining, I much prefer a round-tipped brush like their small precision brush, which is the shape they use at Bobbi, but I'm not doing wings.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was at a local store, and I saw these. I have browsed through the ELF website multiple times, and have these cream eyeliners on my list on what to buy off the website. At the store i bough each colour(There were only 4 colours) for 3-4 dollars(I don't exactly remeber how much), and noticed some were spiling out, and not looking as "Pretty" as the others did. When I tried them out at home, I LOVED the colours! The black was nice and opaque, and looked like I applied liquid eyeliner. The blue (Teal Tease), had great pigmentation, and staying power just like the black! They were easy to apply, creamy, and lasted all day, without bothering my skin, or giving off a harsh smell. The other two, I was not as fortunate with. The purple (Punk Purple I believe), was a beautiful colour, but had dried in the pot. The same thing happened with the brown colour(Copper). The ones that were dried out, took multiple swipes into the pot, to get the colour I was looking for, whereas, the blue and black liners, just the smallest dip into the pot, would give a thick line. I also noticed that ELF was inconsistent of how full they filled their pots. Some were overflowing, whereas the others, were maybe half full. Overall though for 3-4 dollars, it is a product I will buy again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in coffee and black and I love them. They are so creamy and smooth and last all day. At first I wasn't sure if it was going to be creamy enough or have good color pay off because of the $3 price tag, but I'm glad I decided to try it. You definitely can't beat the price and it definitely lasts longer than the eye pencils that I easily go through in 2 weeks. This also worked on my oily lids. I don't use the little brush that comes with it, I save those brushes to use with my E.L.F brow powder, so there's a use for them. I just use the E.L.F angled eyeliner brush which was also relatively cheap to use this product, and it works just fine. Also, I do not understand what everyone is talking about with this product drying out quickly? Also, SO many of you like to add, "Tee-hee~<3 I also forget to put the cap on after I use it and just leave it open on my makeup desk, this product sucks, it dries up!<3" Ok seriously, are you dumb? Mine never dries out and I close the cap like a responsible human being. I've never had pigmentation problems with the black at least. The black is REALLY black, so I wonder if people are getting bad batches that don't have that great of pigmentation?

on 8/13/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great product, easy to use and lasts all day! I tend to use this on my top lid because I wear false eyelashes pretty much on a daily basis. It is very easy to apply, smooth. I do not use the brush that comes with the eyeliner, I use the UD flat brush it's nice and stiff and very smooth. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it could be darker... black is black but sometimes you have to stroke this on twice to get a nice opaque matte finish. For the price though, totally worth it!!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not a big fan of this product. I found it hard to apply cleanly as it flaked when it dried. Also the brush that is included is quite hard to work with. I have tried with a better brush, but still just not impressed. I am a fan of many ELF products, but this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very very fluid and easy to apply. My go to summer resistant, all day/night wear eyeliner. I wear really bold dramatic thick black cat eyeliner everyday and this pot lasts me for about 4 months. & for only $3! Whaaaaaa?!