Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara

3.5

Water, carnauba wax, silica, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutane, stearic acid, oleic acid, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, lauroyl lysine, acacia senegal, pvp/polycarbamyl polyglycol ester, peg-8 beeswax, panthenol, lecithin, simethicone, propylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glycol, sodium hyaluronate, benzyl alcohol, trisoidum edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben. May Contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, busmuth oxychloride, chromium hydroxide green, manganes violet, chromium oxide greens, carmine, ultramarines, ferric ferrocyanide.

on 9/22/2012 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am very surprised at all of the negative reviews for this product. I have read multiple reviews which say that this gives lashes a very "natural" look, and would only be appropriate for daytime--that you couldn't get a dramatic look with this mascara.

Here's why people say that (and it happens to be the reason I LOVE this mascara): This mascara does not clump whatsoever. It doesn't make the tips of your eyelashes thick and crispy like so many other mascaras out there. I think people are so used to the caked on, spidery eyelash look that they are disappointed when their lashes look REAL. It will take two coats to get it to the "dramatic" level, but the result is stunning.

Another reason I love this mascara is because of the brush. The tapered point is perfect for separating lashes and shaping the overall look, as well as getting those bottom lashes.

Bottom line is, I love this mascara, and I will repurchase!

on 9/9/2012 7:27:00 PM

I also experienced eye irritation from this mascara, odd from a Clinique product. Mascara itself worked well enough, but the eye irritation, even if it goes away after a while, is unacceptable. Plus many other economical options in DS mascaras.

on 9/9/2012 7:20:00 PM

I got this sample from Macy's and it's an average mascara. Looks very natural on my top and bottom lashes. It does irradiate my eyes for a bit but it does go away. I love how easy this mascara comes off with make up remover face wash.

on 9/3/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to like this mascara. It created a nice natural look and didn't clump. I used the small tapered end for lower lashes, and it was really buildable!

Unfortunately I had such a reaction to this in my eyes.. I've never felt anything burn like this is my life, it was actually like fire. If one little bit touches my eyes, they swell up, get sore, red, and water and water until there's no more mascara left... It really sucked when I was at work or out and about and I had a sudden reaction to this stuff! How embarrassing!

This was the only product I've ever bought that I had to return.. Couldn't make this one work. I wonder what's in it that's so toxic!

on 7/26/2012 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've gone through a significant amount of mascaras ranging from drug store to high end brands and this one is the one I've stuck to the longest. It is a great day-time mascara, doesn't clump or smudge and looks very natural. It definitely lengthens, but if you are looking for a dramatic, volumizing mascara this may not be it.

on 7/18/2012 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Much prefer High Impact, which actually DOES something. This is pretty useless.

on 7/9/2012 12:05:00 PM

I also gets samples of Clinique mascara from Macy's and I have not liked a single one. This is probably the worst of the bunch. The formula is extremely watery and about an hour after wearing I have clumps of mascara on my eye ball...not good, especially since I wear contacts. Just horrible. There are way better mascaras out there - don't waste your money on this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this mascara smudges even with a lash primer. No doubt i have oily skin and lots of eyeliner and mascara dun work for me. But so far it works when i start using mac p&p lash primer which works wonders. a big no no for this mascara. I got it gwp.

on 6/19/2012 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i got this as a sample with a gwp...i'm glad i didn't buy it. it did nothing for me except coat my lashes. it didn't double anything...

on 6/19/2012 2:21:00 PM

Got it as a sample tube and glad I didn't pay for a full size. I have long lashes, about average thickness. No matter what I tried, by the end of the day I would have dark smudges under my eyes and flakes. I found myself constantly checking my face in the mirror to make sure it wasn't happening. Finally after two weeks of that I just stopped using it.