October 2, 2014 | 923 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Good lasting power
- Good color payoff
- Easy to find
- Cheap
-Easy application
Cons:
- None
Overall:
I really like these polishes. The color i have is right said red. It is a nice true red. These polishes last a long time with and without a base/top coat. The colors are very vibrant and they are easy to apply. You can find them at most drugstores and theyre relatively cheap. I really dont have anything bad to say about these polishes. I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by loopymonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have these in shades terracotta, dorien grey, casting call, wiithout a stitch, model behaviour and thinking about blue they all look beautiful in the bottle.
So far I have only worn Teraccotta and its a beautiful elegant nude brown, two coats were all that was needed, I am on day four of wear with no topcoat and have been heavy handed due to cleaning out house ready for christmas. The polish still looks as good as they day it was applied.

I paid 1 each and cant wait to try more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally shy away from drugstore polish because it doesn't last long, poor pigmentation requiring too many coats, and splayed brushes. But I really like this Complete Manicure line.

I have 4 polishes and they are all good. When you apply the first coat, it is nearly transparent. But the second coat turns the whole nail opaque with color. I find that the polish lasts ALOT LONGER than other SH polishes. It does take a long time to dry even with Seche Vite on top. So that is a big downside and I would use this SH polish for a pedicure only if I was going in sandals for the next 48 hours. I'm not kidding, I wore boots the next day the first time I used this polish and had sock imprints on my toes - that never happened before with any polish.

I do like the brush and find it picks up the right amount of color and leaves a very smooth edge at the cuticle. One last thing, I love the rubber edge on the brush cap - that is my pet peeve how OPI and some other brands make it near impossible to open the bottle.

With a base coat of Nailtiques #2, two coats of basically any brand except the most cheap polish, and a top coat of Poshe or Seche Vite, my manicure lasts about a week with minimal chipping. And I do a lot of biking and washing dishes (with gloves of course) as well as typing. After years of experimenting to fix my weak but long nails, I find this is the perfect solution for a lasting manicure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by msniqua08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really like this nail polish. The junky thing I don't like is the brush. The brush is really wide and my nail beds are small. Other than that I like the actual polish alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this in Midnight in Ny, when I was in my "dark phase". It is a nice black with tiny tiny glitters that you can barely see on your nails. Beware, jet black lovers, this is not it! It goes on evenly, and you could probably wear only one coat depending if you're obsessing with opacity or not. The brush is large and short, which I like. The bittle has an odd form, but you can work with it really easily. There's a rubber band on the cap, near the joinction between the bottle and the cap, but I can't guess what it is for, since it does not seem to prevent leakage any more than regular caps do. All in all, I like this so much that when I spotted the shade "Greige garden" at my local dollorama, I had to buy it! Hey, how can you resist quality qhen it's only two dollars?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by PandaMonsterKate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a disappointing experience with the Smooth Perfect polish, so I had really low expectations when I bought this polish in Greige Gardens. Thankfully, I was wrong! It's a bit sheer, so it did take three layers to get a good opaque colour going. But it applied smoothly and dried surprisingly fast. I didn't see any chips over the three days I wore it, but I'd like to see how it holds up over a longer time. All my friends loved the colour. It's great as an edgy winter shade, but the hint of lavender keeps it a little feminine. What really floored me was the price! I found it for less than $2 at the Dollar Store! Will definitely be buying some more colours there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by KseniyaLed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Someone here said that staying power is not good. I am not sure what they mean because it lasts literally a week for me. I do my nails every weekend and I don't have to take polish off till next weekend. Yes, the first coat is super streaky but don't be alarmed because it evens out with the second coat. You should put two coats with any nail polish anyway though. It does take some time to dry but I use "Out the door" fast drying top coat and it dries fast. :) I like these more than OPI to be honest...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mcshellington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Best nail polish ever! Great staying power and even the darkest colors will not stain my nails. Well done Sally!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by CharlotteBlanc

I bought this from Cosmeticsfairy, a discount makeup website, making it cheaper than usual. I found that this nail varnish was thin and streaky on the first layer but as soon as I applied the second, it evened out completely giving a completely opaque and even finish.
Only downside is that it took a while to dry, not ages, but not under 2 minutes. (which I guess is understandable considering it's not stated as a fast finish nail varnish)

Regarding the 'yellowing' that other reviewers have mentioned, I've not taken my varnish off yet but I did still use a base coat. I will review again in a few days as I only applied it 3hours ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by smilewinklovearielle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I definitely like this nail polish. The brush is wide enough to cover most of my nail to use as little amount of strokes possible. I like that it has a little grip on the handle, which makes it conveniently easier to paint your nails. However, it goes on sheer and uneven for me.