July 22, 2014 | 2039 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Jessicajayde

chalky and sparkly, it feels like you just got a face full of glittery talcum powder. ugh i can't even begin with this one

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try Revlon's Photoready foundation and got the Translucent Powder as part of a buy one get on 50% at Walgreens.

The price is o.k. This is a little expensive for a Department Store (DS) brand but I don't mind paying more if the effect is good. Having said that, I give this 3 lippies for two reasons. One, it vanquished my blusher. The blusher is a cream base and is not easily vanquished by powder used to set it. However; this powder lightened my blusher out to almost nothing. What's translucent about that?
I did find that I can use this over the rest of my face and just not apply over the blusher. This does work for me. But I'm not certain that I actually need the powder. In fact, the foundation seems to work well and last well (even threough s shart nap and a workout at the gym) on it's own.
I also found that I can skip the foundation and just use the powder and it gives me light but nice coverage for casual wear. Plus it does have light transfusers which make my skin look more flawless. Works sort of like a mineral makeup does. But that probably only works for me because I have really light skin. And this is why I haven't returned it to the store.
Overall, I give this 3 lippes. I'd give it 4 if it didn't squash my blusher on application (instead of setting it). And I'd give it 5 lippies if I really felt it was necessary to wear this over the foundation. In the case of my dry skinned self, the answer is "no, not necessary".

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by MayeRaye

This stuff can work well for me one day then look horrible the next. The days it looks good is usually when i have no foundation underneath and just dust it on by it self to even out my skin a little - those days it looks fine, natural and evens out my skin a bit. When i put it over my foundation it makes me look dull, clumps on any part of my face it decides to that day and looks cakey. Wont buy again, i need something that works always!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Cathj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try the foundation after watching so many reviews on youtube. I wasn't planning on getting the powder, but I got the translucent finisher free at cvs with my photo ready foundation in 008 golden beige , and I have to say this stuff is awful. It is not translucent at al it comes out white with chunks of glitter. I don't know if the powder makes the foundation horrible, but that was awful too. When you are finished putting it on it makes your skin look dry and powdery. I returned both the powder and foundation and sticking with my smashbox healthy fx hd foundation, and still looking for a cheaper alternative. The only good thing about this product is the mirror. It's a good size and right there when you open the compact. I tend to break compact that have clear plastic, so I assume this would break if I kept it longer. The brush is course. I guess I didn't expect much from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mzbrwnsugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used this once but I don't plan to ever bother with it again. It has a really powdery shimmery looking finish. This doesn't work well with women of color.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by wleatherette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UGH. I really wish that I'd seen the reviews here before I bought this stuff. It's terrible! Aside from the fact that it's quite glittery (although it doesn't look that way in the package), it's SO chalky. Though I'm very pale to begin with, it's far too white. Even with a very sparing application (just a few dashes with a large, fluffy brush), it looks I've been dusted down with talcum powder. And, like I said, there's the issue of glitter. Visible bits of shimmer on my face = bad! It went into the bin this morning, and I suppose I should be glad that I'm only out $9 instead of $13 thanks to Duane Reade's new, more generous loyalty program.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this before I read the reviews and regret it. It's not translucent, but white and glittery. Having a fair complexion the last this I want is to looker even paler. I tried to wear it only under the eyes as a illuminator to diffuse fine lines, but it made my concealer look cakey and gross. The worst pressed powder I have ever used. Plus the packaging is a train wreck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by msmyrna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the translucent powder and the ivory foundation. I like them both very much. I have good skin for a "seasoned" woman, and I dont have the complaints that others have had. As far as looking like a ghost, the lightest shade is probably best for those who have very fair skin, which I do. I was very pleased

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

Really messy. I've only used this once but I don't plan to ever bother with it again. It has a really powdery looking finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleLillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder was just ok, I did not have the same problems other women were having of it being too pale and not all that translucent, this could be for a few reasons:
1. I am pale enough as it is, so there is no way really to make me paler without using stark white makeup.
2. I applied it very lightly with a fluffy powder brush from EcoTools, so I put on a very sheer application, I did not use the brush it came with.
It works well as a finisher after the photo ready foundation. The only gripe I really have about the packaging is that I was expecting there to be a puff (not likely I was going to use it but sometimes I like puffs for portable applications) in the other half of the compact. When I saw that it was this useless little brush thing, theoretically the packaging could have been half the size it was and it could cost less. The packaging was no unique, but not practical for on the go. For me this was inexpensive because at the CVS I bought it from they were having a "buy one get one free of all revlon foundation powder and/or concealer" so I got this free with my foundation. For what I paid for the foundation, ($14) this was not a terrible free gift. I would not repurchase it because there are some powders i like better.