April 19, 2014 | 1025 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Cathj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try the foundation after watching so many reviews on youtube. I wasn't planning on getting the powder, but I got the translucent finisher free at cvs with my photo ready foundation in 008 golden beige , and I have to say this stuff is awful. It is not translucent at al it comes out white with chunks of glitter. I don't know if the powder makes the foundation horrible, but that was awful too. When you are finished putting it on it makes your skin look dry and powdery. I returned both the powder and foundation and sticking with my smashbox healthy fx hd foundation, and still looking for a cheaper alternative. The only good thing about this product is the mirror. It's a good size and right there when you open the compact. I tend to break compact that have clear plastic, so I assume this would break if I kept it longer. The brush is course. I guess I didn't expect much from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mzbrwnsugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used this once but I don't plan to ever bother with it again. It has a really powdery shimmery looking finish. This doesn't work well with women of color.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by wleatherette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UGH. I really wish that I'd seen the reviews here before I bought this stuff. It's terrible! Aside from the fact that it's quite glittery (although it doesn't look that way in the package), it's SO chalky. Though I'm very pale to begin with, it's far too white. Even with a very sparing application (just a few dashes with a large, fluffy brush), it looks I've been dusted down with talcum powder. And, like I said, there's the issue of glitter. Visible bits of shimmer on my face = bad! It went into the bin this morning, and I suppose I should be glad that I'm only out $9 instead of $13 thanks to Duane Reade's new, more generous loyalty program.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this before I read the reviews and regret it. It's not translucent, but white and glittery. Having a fair complexion the last this I want is to looker even paler. I tried to wear it only under the eyes as a illuminator to diffuse fine lines, but it made my concealer look cakey and gross. The worst pressed powder I have ever used. Plus the packaging is a train wreck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by msmyrna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the translucent powder and the ivory foundation. I like them both very much. I have good skin for a "seasoned" woman, and I dont have the complaints that others have had. As far as looking like a ghost, the lightest shade is probably best for those who have very fair skin, which I do. I was very pleased

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

Really messy. I've only used this once but I don't plan to ever bother with it again. It has a really powdery looking finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleLillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder was just ok, I did not have the same problems other women were having of it being too pale and not all that translucent, this could be for a few reasons:
1. I am pale enough as it is, so there is no way really to make me paler without using stark white makeup.
2. I applied it very lightly with a fluffy powder brush from EcoTools, so I put on a very sheer application, I did not use the brush it came with.
It works well as a finisher after the photo ready foundation. The only gripe I really have about the packaging is that I was expecting there to be a puff (not likely I was going to use it but sometimes I like puffs for portable applications) in the other half of the compact. When I saw that it was this useless little brush thing, theoretically the packaging could have been half the size it was and it could cost less. The packaging was no unique, but not practical for on the go. For me this was inexpensive because at the CVS I bought it from they were having a "buy one get one free of all revlon foundation powder and/or concealer" so I got this free with my foundation. For what I paid for the foundation, ($14) this was not a terrible free gift. I would not repurchase it because there are some powders i like better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I looked like a GHOST after finishing my liquid foundation with this stuff. Usually I can make a product work, but I COULD NOT make this work at all. I returned it after a few uses. Also makes your face really shiny, not shiny in a oily way but shiny like a glowy not attractive way. Not cute AT ALL. Maybe this will work out for those women who are more fair because this is not translucent on me. Usually Revlon has really good products, but this just didn't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Jascar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think we should all donate any used product to our local funeral parlors. This stuff makes you look like a corpse.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Jandie

I bought the translucent powder because it came with a free blush. I didn't like the powder because it made my skin look chalky-white. So, I bought it again in Fair/Light. That wasn't any better. It just isn't a good powder. Having spent too much money on this product already, I would not consider buying it again. I agree, also, that the brush is terrible. If you do try to use it, the bristles of the brush fall off and stick to your face. The compact is much too large, as well.