August 20, 2014 | 1293 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by moongrrl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after i bought the photoready foundation in hopes that it would
attempt to stop the migration of the foundation.. but it was an epic fail. this powder has to many sparkles in it and makes you look even paler although it's "translucent". The brush that it comes with was a total piece of junk.. you really need a kabuki to apply this stuff. I was not impressed in the product and the price was ridiculous...don't they test any of this stuff before they sell it???

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ethnicdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

bought this yesterday as I was after a nice translucent powder to set my makeup and just to use over tinted moisturiser that I can wear everyday to work so I don't have to use foundation powder. My face is quite dry, and I must say I was really disappointed with this product.
Once I swirled it for the first time on my face I regretted it, i felt like i was throwing baby powder on my face. It dried my skin and made a small pimple i had on my chin extremely obvious. I was suprised there is only 1 colour available as it is not very suitable to everybody's skin tone. I regret buying and would want to return it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kat163

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have quite oily skin, and I usually have to retouch my powder about 3 times a day. But with this I put it on in the morning and it keeps me oil free all day. The translucent finish sets my makeup and keeps it looking fresh. The only fault I have with this product, is that it doesn't last very long if you're using it consitently.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm almost 40 and have smooth, clear skin with no wrinkles. My biggest skin concern is large pores, and this product really made them stand out! Normally I use a liquid foundation, and then press in a loose powder like Estee Lauder Lucidity. Ludicity makes my pores disappear, but Photoready Translucent made my skin look too light, and the sparkles were messy and accentuated my pores. I won't be buying this again.

I have to admits, the packaging is pretty slick. The plastic case fits in your hand like an mp3 player (the powder window is the "dial" - clever!) but the included brush is pretty flimsy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder to use over my PR foundation. Very good for just setting your makeup without adding more colour. I wish it had less sparkles but it's not overly glittery. This powder is very soft and is perfect for those with fair skin. The packaging is a little bulky, they could have done away with the brush it came in and made the compact smaller.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Lauriesworld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its an OK product, i gave it three's all around, it doesn't keep my oily skin at bay but it does an okay job of setting foundation. Eh, its not amazing or horrible but i wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by t1ffanylynn

The brush was terrible, almost completely useless (except to annoy me, I pitched it almost immediately). I have used this successfully as a "setting" powder but that's only because I feel silly for just chucking out the whole package. This seems like a small complaint but considering you have to spread this product all over your face I need to mention that the smell of this powder makes me almost gag. I hold my breath when I apply it. It smells like artificially flavored cherry or almond. Awful, but smell has dissipated as I have used it also when I used it on a friend of mine she said she loved the smell. I wouldn't buy this again, color variation is terrible and there are less annoying setting powders out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Mimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

horrid... i got this in med/dark... too cakey and clay light... wont by this ever again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by traceyle123

okay so i bought this product the other day i love it..i use MAC's studio fix foundation and then i set my make up with this . i found that the brush that it comes with sucks! but if u use a large powder brush and stipple it a little then like spread it all over your face the application look very nice i am fair/medium and this stuff is amazing for me does not leave me to caked up looking and i have no complaints besides the brush thingy but that;s not something serious i think the way people apply might be the main reason why this isn't receiving very good reviews

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Mereleigh

This is the WORST foundation I have purchased in a long time. I went into Wallgreens to buy my L'oreal stuff, and the SA convinced me to get this. I don't know why, but it seemed this was the product to push. It is awful! The brush picks up a lot of product and it kind of just "falls" off. The powder simply sits on your face. You know why they can claim this is natural looking? Because it covers NOTHING! I mean, you might as well not have make-up on at all. It is almost as bad as the Neutrogena Sheer Minerals or whatever it is. For reference, Maybelliene PureStay powder foundation and L'oreal BareMinerals are ones I use from the drugstore. Some people dislike the sparkles in this powder; I don't see too many sparkles when applied. They are in there, but it doesn't bother me much. Save your money ladies. You can save the 12.00 and go outside without foundation, and look pretty much the same.