August 30, 2014 | 1120 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Charlotte38

This is fine and all, but not for me. My issue is that this is SUPER expensive for a primer, and only about 4 hours after applying, my eyeshadow creases like crazy, and I look like I just got out of bed. My eyeshadow creases the same time without primer as with primer. On the bright side, it does my undereyes too, but I'm still not crazy about it. Also the packaging is a wand now.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Miffylabbit

This is suppose to be an eye primer but it does not work as one. I had tried more than once and all the time by end of day it gave me panda eye boo hoo... :( Well, maybe it does not work well for our asian climate.

Also on the review on the package, it pumps out too much portion for each pump and cause a wastage.

For the price of this, I am very disapponted on the performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lovemejuicy

I was at the store looking for a good undereye concealer that was easy to apply, it matched my skin tone, and didn't crease. I was about to leave when I saw this. I figured this may help my concealer stay put and not crease. I tried it on the back of my hand and I found that it matched my skin tone perfectly. I let it set and it did not budge. I immediately fell in love with it because I tried it on my under eyes and it blended and matched so well! I actually decided to purchase it and use it as an undereye concealer. It even brightens my eyes. I have this in the medium/deep shade and I have medium skin tone. The more I use it the more I love it. I believe they changed the packaging because the one I have is not a pump as shown in the picture. Mine comes worth a wand applicator like a Lipgloss. Which I absolutely love because I get more control of how much product I put on and it a also makes it a lot less messy than a pump.

Now the CONS... even though I do love the wand applicator the downside to that is that I imagine that once I start running out, a lot of product will probably be left in the tube without me being able to get it out.
Another bad thing is that although i truly am crazy about this product, I wouldn't buy it as an eyeshadow primer which is what it really is intended for. It is an Ok eyeshadow primer but definitely not the best. And if in going to pay $26 for this I definitely want something that is more than just Ok.

I would buy this again because it works wonders as an undereye concealer for me. I LOVE it! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mikee888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awful. i've tried this for about two months now with no avail. maybe my eyelids are too oily for this stuff, but hey its a primer, thats what it's supposed to help with in the first place. with this stuff, my eyeshadow lasted no longer then it would without a primer. also, if you rub it in, wait a minute or so for it to dry, then rub it again, IT COMES OFF IN CLUMPS. it balls up and comes right off. thats how you know a product is cheaply made. i will not repurchase. also, this is a decent price for a primer, but i rated it as expensive because the price is deffinetly not worth if for the quality you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a concealer around my eyes and nose, and it works great for that, helps my foundation stay on in those areas that usually melt off on my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a pretty large sample of this primer and, having never used a shadow primer before I wasn't sure what to expect. I have since tried a few others and can say that this is *not* something I would buy again.

First impression: Comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator like a lip gloss which makes it easy to get the appropriate amount of product. The product itself is a neutral-to-warm toned buff/beige - not unlike a concealor for light-to-medium (warm) skin. For me, this means I have to be very careful not to get any primer anywhere I don't plan to cover with opaque shadow as the color looks orange on me (like a bad concealor job) and warms up the color of sheer shadows making them look wrong for my skin tone.

As far as functionality, this primer did make colors "pop" a bit and prevented my usual, almost immediate, creasing for a while. But I still noticed creases 2 or 3 hours into wear and any e/s I tried still faded at the same speed as with no primer.

I also noticed that when I used this daily for a week or so, my eyelids got really dry and a bit flaky.

Overall, not a great product IMHO. Especially considering there are far better products out there for far lower prices. It gets 2 lippies, only because it *may* work for someone with warmer toned skin and perhaps very oily eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got plenty of samples of this and have used it quite a bit to try to make it work, but it's just not a good product. It does make your eyeshadows give more true to pan color, but it does not help the shadows stay at all. I used it a few times under my eyes as a concealer, which worked all right, and that's what I'd suggest it be used for. But as a primer it's a joke.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupnerd23432

This is the worst eyeshadow primer I own. I have oily lids and this did nothing to stop my shadows from creasing. The pump pours way too much product and it smells so chemical-y. After you apply it you fingers/brush smells like soy sauce and so do your eyes! i only gave it another lippie for it's 'concealing' (neutralizes darkness/redness pretty well) properties.

I'd recommend this product only to people with dry lids and want to enhance weak eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I normally use MAC paint pots and really love them. But I ran out of mine and wanted to give something else a try. I guess I should have read reviews first. I was browsing in Ulta and was asking the makeup artist about UD Primer Potion which is what I intended to buy. I was actually going to get the trial size mini for $12. She told me the benefit Stay Don't Stray was a better product than UD and MAC paint pots. So I took her advice and got the Benefit product which was a huge mistake! The first day I noticed my eyelids looked oily and streaky after a couple hours (I don't even have oily skin!) but I wanted to give it a chance especially since it cost me $26 and I tried it a few more days with the same constant creasing. I'm so disappointed and disgusted with this stuff! I actually called Ulta today and asked could I bring it back. That's what I'm going to do, exchange for something else. Horrible product, would NOT recommend and will not repurchase. It's going back to the store!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Stay Don't Stray doesn't do anything at all. I have somewhat oily eyelids, so creasing is almost inevitable when I wear eyeshadow unless I wear primer or a good base. I decided to stray from my usual UDPP this one time because I got this for free and wanted to try it out.
It's supposed to be a primer for both eyeshadow and concealer, but I've only tried it under eyeshadow. First thing I noticed was that it's tinted. The shade is probably NC20 or something of the like, because I'm NC35 and it definitely shows. This isn't necessarily a problem for me, but WOC (women of color) may not like it.
The problem lies in that fact that this doesn't work at all. My eyeshadow was already creasing after two hours, and it usually doesn't crease until 3 hours after initial application (WITHOUT primer).
Not worth the $24. IMO the e.l.f Eyelid Primer is better and only costs $1 (seriously).
Would I purchase? No.