October 20, 2014 | 2071 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by SaraP1900

This is a very nice primer. Last winter, when I used foundation, I found that it lasted all day thanks to this primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by czsherman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product stood up to the heat and direct sunlight and humidity during a wedding and reception. It is super silky and really kept the shine away. I used this with the mineral foundation and without moisturizer and it worked really good. The only are that got a little shiney was my nose which tends to be oliy at times.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a decent primer for the price. It doesn't give your makeup as much staying power as I would like, and doesn't really do anything to "age rewind" and minimize pores. However, it's not bad, and I definitely used the whole tube, before I purchased another primer by a different brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I finally saw it at Walmart, there was only 2 left. You get 0.85 oz for Cad$9, not bad. This is a silicone ladened primer, which works for me. The so called "slightly pin" colour is a joke, consider it as colourless. I literally put some on a white paper & I did not see a tinge of pink on it.
I cannot use liquid/cream foundation without (silicone) primer, it enables me to spread the fdn evenly & smoothly. The primer goes on after the moisturizer, then I have my morning tea, afterwards, all are absorbed (dried).
I cannot comment on the pore issue since the fdn/powder takes care of this pretty effectively.
I often blend various shades of fdn or concealer in a small pot, then add some silicone primer as a medium, voila, custome-blended fdn.
At the moment my favourite blend are various shades of Dermablend's leg & body with primer. Fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this primer - it's lightweight, really does even out my skin, and is a great base for makeup. The pink tint is probably unecessary. Overall, a product I like and will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by jennie1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hate it period....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by jovhyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On the good side, it does reduce my pores and it makes my skin smooth. On the bad side, it does not give you the pink glow it mentions and my face does get oily after a few hours. It also doesn't make my makeup last longer which is the main reason i bought it for. For me personally, if I use it with just powder it works kind of better than if i use it with foundation. This primer + foundation does not work for me at all. I don't think i will be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It's soft and made my makeup last a lot longer then I'm used to. My only problem is that after you apply it I normally have to wait a few minutes for it to 'set' otherwise my makeup melts off like usual.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this product. Firstly, I LOVE the texture! It glides on sooo easily, unlike my other primer which is so thick it almost feels like a concealer! So I like that. When I first put it on it felt like I was putting oil onto my face & I was like oh no, because I have VERY oily skin. However this foundation is the opposite of what it seems. Trust me I have the oiliest skin in the WORLD & this dried my skin out like crazy!!!!!!! I was like.. What??? Seriously, I put my foundation over it & my whole entire face was dry & flaky! So weird.. Another weird thing is that it looks terrible when I finish my makeup, but after 1 hour it looks better & it keeps looking better & better as time goes on. I looked at my face 6 hours after I first did my makeup & my skin looked amazing. It didn't look flaky & there was only a little oil. It really does what it says it does. It gives me a pink glow & fills in all pores & lines.

**I did my makeup with this 1/2 an hour ago & it looks much better than it did when i'd just finished. & in a few hours my skin will look pretty much flawless thanks to this. It works really well as a primer - it even stops the makeup sliding off from under/around my nose, which no primer has ever been able to do. This primer is great but I would NOT recommend it for people with dry skin. Never, ever. To minimise flakiness I have had to completely change the way I apply my foundation. No more stippling. I now have to use a traditional foundation brush (a sponge would be even better) & just paint my foundation on. There's still a little flakiness (so weird) but what can you do...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll just be blunt... I don't like this primer. I know some people like the satin feel that primer gives your skin, but it almost feels overboard with this product. Other then making your skin soft (while it's on), I really don't have anything good to say about this. My pores aren't less noticeable, and it doesn't help my makeup last longer... which is the main reason I use a primer.