August 29, 2014 | 920 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Louisaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont know why this doesnt have better reviews! I love this mascara. It does not curl much but its amazing for lengthening. I have long eyelashes to begin with but they are practically in my eyebrows. Cannot wait to try after using an eyelash curler! It beats the DiorShow waterproof for me- definitely !! Expensive? Sure but worth it to me. I mix it up also using cheaper mascaras so I don't see the price as an issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, although I have to say it isn't for everybody and I'm not surprised to see the mixed reviews. My lashes are long and thin and I need something to plump them up and darken them. This stuff gives me really dramatic lashes, I have gotten so many compliments since I started using it. In photos it looks like I am wearing false lashes. This stuff is thick and wet and I wouldn't recommend it for most girls for an everyday mascara unless you like the super dramatic look. I have very dark eyes and features and love having dramatic lashes so for me this mascara was a win.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love the Diorshow Iconic, but Extase is a disappointment. It doesn't separate and define my lashes well enough, they always look a bit spidery. It's getting a little better now that I've had it open for about 2 months, but at the beginning it was way too wet. It also smudges, a problem that I rarely experience with mascaras. I think it would perform much much better if the tube would do a better job of scraping excess off the brush as you're pulling it out. It would really help to make it less clumpy. As I would expect from Dior, the packaging is stunning. But overall I wouldn't re-purchase this mascara. I would rate it a 3.5

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara a little over a month ago and I've only used it about 2 times.... that probably says it all. The formula is extremely wet, it akes my lashes stick together, not clumpy at all but it definately does NOT volumize my eyelashes. For $28 its a rip off!! If you want to spend forever on your eyelashes you can probably ake it work, but with my busy life.... I have no time to figure out how to make this work. Maybe once it dries a little I can get better results. Over all, NOT WORTH IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For some reason I bought this expecting a tubing mascara, but it isn't. I normally only buy waterproof mascara (tubing or not), and this isn't waterproof, either. However, this stuff. Does. Not. Smudge.

I have short, straight, sparse lashes. This volumises, but doesn't lengthen much. It's buildable, but the wierd wavy brush is a bit large for me, and can be trickly to manage. I need to be careful not to apply too much at once. It really holds a very nice curl if I use my heated curler.

I don't understand ithe long wear. It's defying all the natural laws of mascara that I've come to know. Everything smudges on me. Any other "standard" mascara would have circumnavigated my face several times by the end of the day, but Extase stays put, and then is easily removed with standard EMUR.

Absolutely my favourite non-waterproof mascara, except for the confusion it creates in me. Hmmmmm.....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ilovescrabble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. If you layer it you get a wonderful amount and it is more watery than the other dior one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 7:36:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The original dior show blackout works better,. somehow this one keeps me wanting more of something or everything... length, volume, curl.
There are better mascaras out there, this one is just average. I would rate it 3.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by katemechin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Top mascara, works great on my eyes, make them thicker!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so dissapointed!! I had really high expectations of this mascara, but it is truly awful, waist of money! My lashes look like feets of a spider. There is no volume at all. I so regret this

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Vada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I worked as a makeup artist for Dior, & had a lot of experience using this mascara. To be honest, even though a lot of girls swore by it, I found it to be one of the worst and overpriced mascaras I have ever used.

It was extremely thick and a clumpy, causing lashes to clump together nearly every time I tried to apply it. Regardless of the wands i used, from the exact one it came with, to even mac's and lancome's wands, it was horrible every time I used it. It runs horribly, and takes forever to set as well. Then trying to wash it off at the end of the day took the most heavy duty remover I had, and there was still pigment everywhere. I can almost always find a way to make a mascara work on clients and myself, but this once as a lost cause. The price is much too high seeing as all claims it makes I didn't find true. The only thing I did like was the tube, and two limited shades in Plum & Taupe they had.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No