January 27, 2015 | 1880 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chanel Chance EDP is such a classy, well-blended, warm fragrance. It's a softer, more well rounded and less shrill than Coco Mademoiselle. It's a fragrance I wear everywhere from the office, to church to a night out. I've received compliments from men while wearing this, too, as it's also a somewhat sexy scent. Of all the Chanels I own, Chance is my favorite because it blends so well with my chemistry. The longevity is amazing as one spritz will last a full day. Typically I wear two to three spritzes which last from one shower to the next. Sillage is noticeable yet not overpowering. I highly recommend, especially for those whom the other traditional Chanels don't appeal. Chance is a great gateway to the iconic brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume smells amazing. It has a light, musky baby powder scent that doesn't smell like grandma, if that makes any sense? Haha. This smelled amazing on my friend but it didn't work on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by BinkyRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a sort of pay day trea,t after smelling it in the shop I loved it! After a while though I got a bit sick of it and it smelt very sweet and peppery, it was still wearable but I don't think I will buy it again. Not worth it for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Chance!. It's lasting power is amazing. You only need 1-2 sprays max and you smell great all day. Very round and full smell creates the smell of youthfulness in some way. It's definitely a unique smell that I used to wear years ago in college.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Make me dizzy and gave me a terrible headache. Even started wheezing a bit.

Even if it didn't make me sick I think it smells terrible. I got it in a sample and wish I hadn't put it on at all. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by stls

Chance was my first Chanel perfume. Definitely the youngest of them all. I have been using the edt 4 years now (I got my second 50ml bottle a few months ago) which is less sweet and more light and citrusy than the edp.

Chance is a fragrance for a young lady. This girl is done with teeny-boper scents but hasn't reached the sophistication level that Coco requires. Feels energizing, more playful than seductive but in a classy way. I mostly use it for nights out but it can also add a touch of glamour in your day.

The top motes of lemon, pineapple and pink pepper feel almost festive. The flowery heart with hyacinth and jasmine remains light and pleasing and the drydown when patchouli dominates is the most sensual part. I love this transformation, keeps my nose interested and fascinates me every time. And it has very good lasting power.

Although it has a young feeling I think every woman can wear it when she feels like a naughty girl inside ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Chanel Chance is an unusual and completely original fragrance, very heavy on the patchouli. It reminds me of summer, the beach, bare skin, sweat and, dare I say, sex. However, I find it very strong and tenacious -- it clings to clothing and skin for days, if not months. (I'm surprised to read some complaints about lack of staying power -- if only it were so for me!).
Consequently, I don't find it the easiest scent to wear, and I still have two nearly full bottles of it on my vanity table. Among Chanel fragrances, I find No. 5 much easier to wear. But in the right mood -- say, in August, when the sun is high and the temperatures are hot and you're feeling languid -- it's superb!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Chance so much. It works well with my skin chemistry, has super lasting power and most of all, makes me smile when I spray a bit on. I've always loved fragrance, worn since a teenager and have never had this happen before. I have both EDT and EDP (EDT seems lighter and less serious?) and treasure and have repurchased. The very round, full citrus-but-not-citrus note is loveIy and I think what gives it a supposedly youthful vibe but I just don't see it - maybe just compared to other Chanel scents? I don't get any powdery scent at all on me. It is so unique and always makes me happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ninasan

I have the eau de toilette. Last quite long, but the smell is too strong for me that I get a headache every time I use it or even smell it. The base is quite nice and lasting, but a bit too powder-like for me. I do get headache when I smell many other perfumes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by thelifeofthemind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume, out of all the ones I own, is definitely top on my list (right behind Daisy, I think). I love this perfume, although it is mature (but not too mature, which is unusual for Chanel). I will be picking up Eau Tendre and Eau Fraiche soon.