Chanel Chance

3.8

I love Chance. I wore it for years and it's so nostalgic to me. It's feminine, not too musky or heavy, but has a nice weight to it. The staying power is crazy, you only need a couple sprays.

on 2/28/2013 6:53:00 PM

Chanel chance edp...distinctive, sophisticated, a cut above the rest. For a couple of years I was pretty close to buying this fragrance but it didn't seem financially sound to buy the small bottle when I could get the biggest bottle for an extra 40 dollars or so. So I had to wait for the cash for the biggest bottle of course. I first bought chanel chance eau fraiche and knew original chance would eventually be part of my perfume arsenal. Finally it is mine all mine--i orded my bottle from chanel.com and for some reason I didn't have to pay tax--saving about 15 dollars it also came with a black drawstring chanel.com logo pouch and a couple of chanel samples. On to the fragrance--i am sure others have described in detail what this smells like on here and fragrantica so I won't do that. I will tell you how this is different. I am a perfume fanatic--often doing my 'research' on fragrance boards, blogs etc. to see what others have to say about a fragrance. I then become entranced by the fragrance by sampling and reading how great a fragrance is. Then I will buy the fragrance--ebay, ulta, sephora, fragrance net, amazon, etc. Waiting, waiting, waiting for my fragrance to arrive--checking my phone to look up where my fragrance is in the transit process--like a true addict--until finally I get home and see that package on my doorstep. Palms sweaty, heart beating quickly--true love or lust anyway--i open the package--and think--mine, finally mine all mine. Then I will wear a fragrance for a few days and add it to the arsenal and on to the next...reasearch, order, ope, wear..on to the next. Sure it will get play in my rotation but I move on to my next obsession. Chance is different--the other day I took ALL of my perfumes out and said--this is ridiculous! I need to stop 'stalking' these fragrances and actually use them. I have probably 60 bottles or more. So I took the night to smell them all again--some were sweet, youthful some were spicy, some heavy, some light...you get the picture. At the end of the night I came to one conclusion--during the past 2 years Chance edp is the best fragrance I have purchased. It is like your best friend that never lets you down--a friendship that lasts--she isn't too loud--you can take her anywhere day or night, she says the right things, acts appropriately in any given situation--she is a class act. Not too youthful, not too mature, not too spicy, not too sweet--she lasts throughout the day and night. You always have fun when you 'hang out' with her--you can count on her. This is the rare fragrance that you can wear to work interview, board meeting, hanging out at a baseball game in a tshirt and out to an elegant dinner or wedding (even on your wedding day!)and never feel out of place. Fall, winter, spring, summer--she is there for you. This fragrance becomes you. 3 spritzes and I am good for the day--i get compliments from women asking me to write the name down for them--my guy doesn't complain when I wear it--which doesn't sound like a big deal--but sometimes he makes remarks that aren't positive with some of my other perfumes. This is one that can become a signature...one your kids will remember you wearing when would get ready for a big night out or the one you put on before going to work in the mornings. I know it is pricey but a few spritzes last and the drydown is clean (while still being interesting) and sophisticated. I might spray one more spritz on my lunchbreak for a touch up. I imagine a french woman wearing this--fitted black blazer over a simple white tank, skinny jeans and kitten heels or maybe tall michael kors style boots (in a camel color) and a beautiful scarf, simple pearl earrings, sheer makeup, naturally styled hair and of course a couple of spritzes of chance edp! Take a 'chance' on chance--if you end up not liking it you can take it back to sephora, ulta, etc. Chanel.com even sends you a return shipping label and with your online order--knowing perfecly well you won't be sending it back. :) When all is said and done maybe my chase is over...maybe I have found my true signature??? Hmmm...maybe I will start looking up reviews on the Chance body lotion? Might need to stop by the mall to try out the lotion! Lol the chase never ends...that's life I suppose! (PS sorry for typos--i typed this up quickly on my phone in my car--when I was supposed to be at my desk working, instead of on this site! Lol). Happy sniffing! Enjoy life and always take a CHANCE!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this perfume, its such a beautiful summer's day smell and suits me so well, everyone comments on how it goes well with me. If you want a womanly perfume thats not too harsh but is light then try Chance.

The bottle comes in a lovely little Chanel pouch to protect it and the bottle itself is really sturdy.

Love this.

My husband got this for me for V-day and I love it. It's vibrant, fresh, fruity, girly and makes me feel like I just walked through a veil of sparkling diamonds and took a walk in a meadow of fresh grass and orange trees. It's miraculous.

on 2/12/2013 8:25:00 PM

I've been a die hard Coco fan for years, but I think I like Chance just as much. It's light, warm and long-lasting on me. I bought it for special occasions, but I wear it every day now. I have received a lot of compliments!

I absolutely love this fragrance! i have the EDP and it lasts on my skin for days even after i take a shower. I get several compliments daily even though i've been wearing this perfume for two years now. I agree it is expensive and as an 18 yr. old who makes minimum wage its definitely a splurge but one i am willing to make over and over again. This perfume literally makes me feel so sexy and feminine even if im just lounging around in sweats. I would definitely go test out this fragrance since it may work differently with your body chemistry and it is an expensive perfume. I definitely reccomend the EDP it lasts much longer on the skin and i personally prefer the scent it gives off compared to the EDT.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Chanel Chance EDP is such a classy, well-blended, warm fragrance. It's a softer, more well rounded and less shrill than Coco Mademoiselle. It's a fragrance I wear everywhere from the office, to church to a night out. I've received compliments from men while wearing this, too, as it's also a somewhat sexy scent. Of all the Chanels I own, Chance is my favorite because it blends so well with my chemistry. The longevity is amazing as one spritz will last a full day. Typically I wear two to three spritzes which last from one shower to the next. Sillage is noticeable yet not overpowering. I highly recommend, especially for those whom the other traditional Chanels don't appeal. Chance is a great gateway to the iconic brand.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This perfume smells amazing. It has a light, musky baby powder scent that doesn't smell like grandma, if that makes any sense? Haha. This smelled amazing on my friend but it didn't work on me.

on 1/8/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a sort of pay day trea,t after smelling it in the shop I loved it! After a while though I got a bit sick of it and it smelt very sweet and peppery, it was still wearable but I don't think I will buy it again. Not worth it for the price!

on 11/28/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Chance!. It's lasting power is amazing. You only need 1-2 sprays max and you smell great all day. Very round and full smell creates the smell of youthfulness in some way. It's definitely a unique smell that I used to wear years ago in college.

Popular Fragrances