Nivea Lip Care

cera microcristallina, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexyl triazone, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, synthetic wax, titanium dioxide, cetaryl alcohol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, c20-40 alkyl stearate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cera carnauba, butyrospermum parkii, simmondsia chinensis, tocopheryl acetate, diethylhexyl butamido triazone, cera alba, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citral, parfum, ci 19140

on 4/18/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK, so I bought a couple of these in Essential upon my cousin’s recommendation. I have to admit, it does leave my lips feeling softer than they have ever in a long time. I don’t think I would have purchased this baby otherwise cuz… well, frankly… Nivea just seems like a really boring brand to me. I don’t think I’ll go back to using regular chapstick… Essential has somehow managed to squeeze its way into HG staus! I have one everywhere right now, in my purse, in my car, on my desk, in my pencil case, in the living room… its literally everywhere! I also find it works great for moisturizing your elbows and other dry spots. I would recommend this to everyone.

on 4/15/2009 7:15:00 PM

I love Nivea chapsticks, especially the Pearl and Shine one. It leaves your lips so ever soft and also puts the right amount of colour and shine to my lips for a healthy looking approach. Will repuchase shortly.

Awesome....just bought this. The fact that is was Nivea (a great band) and had SPF 30 caught my eye. I had a lip balm from Banana Boat and it tasted of harsh sunscreens. There is no suncreen taste to melt into your mouth in the heat. It's moisturizing and light, and I love the packaging!! I recently got them buy one get one free at CVS. Will buy again.

on 4/4/2009 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Definately the best lip balm I've ever used. Very moisturising and you don't need to constantly re-apply it like other lip balms. This stuff has saved my lips this winter so I'm definately stocking up on more tubes!

on 4/4/2009 12:42:00 PM

This is an incredible product! I've gotten back into Nivea creme for my face and body. I'm a brand kinda gal so naturally I had to try their lip care products when I saw them. I'm also a lip balm junkie. LOL I have a dry patch on my lower lip that I have FOREVER been trying to repair. I've tried all kinds of lip products from cheap to expensive & in multiple flavors.

I love this product! I have the Essential one in the dark blue tube, the Pearl & Shine in the pink tube & the Passion fruit one from the States. I love the consistency of the product. It feels great, it tastes great, it smells great (if you like the smell of Nivea creme) and it works! It leaves my lips silky smooth, slippery and soft without feeling waxy.

It feels so good I apply it over & over. I don't find it to be drying over time like some others do. It feels wonderful. I will definately be buying these again. I think I may have found my HG lip balm!! WooHoo!

on 4/3/2009 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be a spoilsport, but I really dislike these lip balms. And yes, I've tried many of them - God knows why I didn't stop at the first one!

I tried Repair and Protection and Hydrocare lip balms when my lips were chapped and hurting, and neither of them helped at all. The balm seems to go on really thinly/lightly, and I have to reapply it after 5 minutes. I even tried rubbing it on like crazy (I was desperate and my lips hurt!) but I couldn't get much on. Personally, I'd rather use Lucas' papaw ointment if I'm desperate for some hydration.

I received the Cherry Kiss lip balm in a pack with some other Nivea products, and I wasn't aware of how NOT subtle the supposedly-subtle red sheen is! The first time I used it, I didn't realise it had smudged, and people were giving me weird looks. Turns out that I probably looked like I had let a toddler apply my lipstick. Also, I personally find that the cherry scent smells repulsive.

I also own the Pearl & Shine lip balm, and out of all the ones I've tried, this one is the only one that is 'okay'. It's pearly with a muted shine, but when after I apply it, I always feel that I look like I'm deathly ill because it looks white-ish.

on 3/31/2009 10:54:00 AM

I have used the original version over and over again. All the lip products have the same consistency. The original one (blue) smells like vanilla. Cheap for a lip balm, but good quality. Okay packaging. Will rebuy over and over agian!

on 3/7/2009 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this for free as a bonus if you buy the lotion. I don't like the lotion because it smells like a man, but the lip moisturizer is super good! I used to use vaseline or chapstick but I felt that once it rubbed off I'd still have chapped lips. However, not with this one. Glad I was able to get it for free or else I'd probably never know how good it works.

on 3/4/2009 1:40:00 PM

I love this product. I have very sensative lips usually other lip care would make my lips go red but not this one :)

on 2/23/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. The number one reason is probably that it doesn't have a taste or smell. My bf hates when I wear chapstick, but never notices this one. Even Avon has that weird taste. This is smooth on the lips and great. Thw only draw back is that you have to reapply a lot if you want your lips moist. I have only tried the original, but it is the best!